Author Topic: New Mattress (MASTER SLEEP THREAD)  (Read 12920 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: New Mattress
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2017, 06:43:12 AM »
Got a new temperpedic, it's da bomb.

trying to think of a time when SD gave bad advice on a consumer product (vacations, thermostats, etc) but I'm stumped.
I have a 22 year old temperpedic. Still sleep great on it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2020, 09:55:12 AM »
I sleep incredibly hot and mrs. dave incredibly cold. so I bought this thing

https://www.chilitechnology.com/products/ooler-sleep-system

and, folks, it rules. It keeps me at the perfect temperature all night. cannot recommend enough. Before I would toss and turn a lot to adjust and now I just sleep through the entire night and I feel more rested.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2020, 10:05:13 AM »

and, folks, it rules. It keeps me at the perfect temperature all night. cannot recommend enough. Before I would toss and turn a lot to adjust and now I just sleep through the entire night and I feel more rested.
I’ve looked at getting one of these.  Do you hear it?  Do you notice a difference laying on it? Most worried about the sound though
:adios:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2020, 10:25:39 AM »
Sound is very soothing to me. Like a soft fan. You c an adjust it to be quieter but it will take it longer to cool down. We leave it at the standard setting because it has a nice white noise. Don’t feel it other than that it’s obviously cooler below me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2020, 10:50:06 AM »
Oh man I might have to buy this. When that chiliBlanket ships may have to get that too!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »
luckily I have superior sleep genes

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »
I've been looking at that system since December 'sd. I'm like lava level sleeper, but I love big huge blankets too. This seems it could be best of both worlds. I keep hearing great reviews from reputable people, the 'sd stamp of approval might put me over the top.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2020, 02:05:36 PM »
i'm kinda mumped in that i'd kinda like to buy a new mattress (and a new fridge), but i think/hope i'm gonna move in maybe 2-3 years and i don't want to move stuff like that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2020, 02:08:38 PM »
i want to buy a new coffee machine too, but that's not too big for moving.  just kinda feels wasteful to stop using the one i have.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2020, 09:09:38 PM »
I sleep with a floor fan about 6 inches away from me.. every time we have a massive storm in mhk coworkers will talk about waking up because of it.. not me suckers

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2020, 11:34:15 PM »
Do recommend the Casper mattress
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2020, 12:13:08 AM »
Do recommend the Casper mattress

Eh, that's a no go for me man, there are SO many better options out there.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2020, 09:21:21 AM »
I have a fool proof mattress strategy that my family has used for years.  We go to Nebraska furniture mart and lay on a bunch of them and then buy the one that feels the best.  This hasn't failed yet!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2020, 09:33:15 AM »
I have a fool proof mattress strategy that my family has used for years.  We go to Nebraska furniture mart and lay on a bunch of them and then buy the one that feels the best.  This hasn't failed yet!

I hope you don't need a new mattress before you can all get microchip'd.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2020, 10:23:15 AM »

Your mattress buying strategy and tv buying strategies line up nicely with my own.

Edit: I know that doesn’t line up with the Casper recommendo, but my personal strategy is trumped by the do-nothing-and-sleep-on-whatever-my-wife-orders-off-the-internet strategy.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:26:20 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2020, 10:38:10 AM »
I have a sleep number mattress and it's great. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2020, 10:50:07 AM »

this failed on me last time. The mattress never softened like we were promised :shakesfist:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2020, 01:26:54 PM »
I had the same issue.  Years ago I bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress and it was very stiff.  I thought that sleeping on it over time would soften it, but it stayed hard and was very hot to lay on in one position.  I gave up and put it in the guess room and decided to once again shop by laying on several.  The one I picked turned out to be great.   It was a Beautyrest Black and on sale, so it turned out to be less than the Tempur-Pedic mattress. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2020, 05:19:07 PM »
Got a new temperpedic, it's da bomb.

trying to think of a time when SD gave bad advice on a consumer product (vacations, thermostats, etc) but I'm stumped.
I have a 22 year old temperpedic. Still sleep great on it.
Bought one of these for the kid's room. I've slept on it a few times. Quality sleep had. Kid seems to like it when she visits.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FJM9TTB

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2021, 08:31:33 AM »

I am getting an 8Sleep Pod Pro Cover cover to replace this. Not because the ooler doesn't rule because it for sure does and has changed my sleep dramatically for the better. but because mrs. dave wants one on her side to warm the bed up before cooling it off and I don't want two separate units. I'm probably going to just put the ooler in a box and pack it for travel. also the 8sleep has a bunch of sleep monitoring stuff and more advanced features. I'll review this thing in like a month. Not supposed to be here until end of Sep anyway.

https://www.eightsleep.com/product/pod-pro-cover/

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2021, 10:30:41 AM »
You know what helps me sleep at night?  Knowing I don't need to pay $2000 for a rough ridin' mattress pad.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2021, 10:32:16 AM »

I am getting an 8Sleep Pod Pro Cover cover to replace this. Not because the ooler doesn't rule because it for sure does and has changed my sleep dramatically for the better. but because mrs. dave wants one on her side to warm the bed up before cooling it off and I don't want two separate units. I'm probably going to just put the ooler in a box and pack it for travel. also the 8sleep has a bunch of sleep monitoring stuff and more advanced features. I'll review this thing in like a month. Not supposed to be here until end of Sep anyway.

https://www.eightsleep.com/product/pod-pro-cover/

Interesting. I am an idiot and bought a Casper mattress last year and sweat my ass off all night. We are prob just going to junk it and get something else, but the chill thing seems to be an option. Pricey, but a bit cheaper than a new mattress I guess.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2021, 09:33:42 PM »
oh, caspers suck?

they're on sale at costco, and i've been mildly considering, but they don't have any to try.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2021, 07:33:31 AM »
Foam mattress have a reputation of being hot, I don't think it's brand specific.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2021, 08:40:48 AM »
oh, caspers suck?

they're on sale at costco, and i've been mildly considering, but they don't have any to try.

It is fairly comfy, but yeah, its pretty hot. Its really hot with anything "abnormal" like being a bit sick or having a few drinks. I typically wake up in a pool of sweat on the weekends.