Author Topic: ExBruces 2015-16  (Read 84180 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ExBruces 2015-16
« Reply #600 on: February 05, 2017, 03:05:54 PM »
When you develop a reputation for making excuses and/or weird comments, this is what happens. oscar should just accept reality like I have.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 05, 2017, 03:48:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/828011424035270656

I haven't seen or heard anyone in the media taking an unfair shot at him. If they did they are a hypothetical fool. oscar is a reporters dream, he is the most candid coach in college basketball.
It's about the media taking quotes and removing the context.

I know and I haven't seen that, I can't think of many of his more quotable stuff that requires some in depth explanation.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 05, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »
All of his lol quotes are on video, complete with context.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 15, 2017, 11:33:59 AM »
“I don’t think any other team in the nation has that opportunity to go three games back-to-back-to-back that are top 10 teams in the nation,” Wade said. “We just didn’t jump on it like we should’ve, but it was good that we got one of them at least. These next six games are big for us now.”

It was good that we got one of them at least!

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 15, 2017, 11:38:58 AM »
Weber tonight if they lose:

We had a limp Johnson and did not play Hard
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 15, 2017, 12:15:45 PM »
ut and tech also had ku, bu, wvu back to back to back games.  so three of the seven non-top 10 big 12 teams had that feature.  all seven had back to backs or three top 10s in four game features.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 15, 2017, 12:23:03 PM »
“I don’t think any other team in the nation has that opportunity to go three games back-to-back-to-back that are top 10 teams in the nation,” Wade said. “We just didn’t jump on it like we should’ve, but it was good that we got one of them at least. These next six games are big for us now.”

It was good that we got one of them at least!
Why do the schedule makers have it in for poor old oscar?  They never cut him any breaks.   :curse:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 16, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
oscar just never stops...

Head Coach oscar Weber
On first half defense…
“I thought we did not fight on defense. We let them do whatever they want. They would make this cut and that cut, get in the paint and kick it. They jumped up and made tough shots. They got going on a run and started talking trash. We just did not do a good job fighting that. On the other end, we did not put any pressure on their defense.”

On slow start…
“I thought we had a great practice on Monday. I thought yesterday was pretty good. You do not have D.J. [Johnson], and Kamau [Stokes] hurts his foot. He has a procedure today just to play. You have got tough times. You have got adversity. You have got to rise up and have some character and toughness down the stretch. I feel good about our guys. We are going to come back on Saturday and play at a high level.”

On calling the team’s final timeout with over four minutes left in the game…
“They were in zone and I did not think our guys were prepared. I wanted to make sure we knew how to attack the zone. We actually scored, but we had a couple of really uncomfortable possessions. Then on the other end, I wanted to make sure we knew what we were doing. I wanted out guys to stay poised and give ourselves a chance.”

On The Flush’s 21-point game…
“I thought he attacked the hoop. Like I said earlier, he only had one three. He was more patient and got to the basket. You go 9-of-14, which is a pretty good outing. I wish he would listen to me on his free throws, but hopefully sooner or later he will get that going.”

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 16, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
Probably a smart idea by Barry not to listen to oscar

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 16, 2017, 10:05:50 AM »
Head Coach oscar Weber

On slow start…
“I thought we had a great practice on Monday. I thought yesterday was pretty good. You do not have D.J. [Johnson], and Kamau [Stokes] hurts his foot. He has a procedure today just to play. You have got tough times. You have got adversity. You have got to rise up and have some character and toughness down the stretch. I feel good about our guys. We are going to come back on Saturday and play at a high level.”

I thought the European tour was going to help us deal with adversity this season.

Foreign travel is only one part of the adversity K-State will face and benefit from, Weber said, in its time in Europe. Additionally, the Wildcats will face off with unknown teams in varying environments with different rules and officials who Weber said commonly brew up some “home cooking” on the court.

“I think that makes it even better because you have some tough situations that you deal with,” said Weber, adding that gyms without air conditioning filled with opposing teams’ fans are other forms of adversity the team may come across. “So you have all those situations. I think those all kind of add up to bringing teams along.”

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 16, 2017, 11:18:16 AM »
 "We haven’t had two home games in a row. Everyone else has had that. That hasn’t helped."

oscar Weber says K-State's losing streak has put the team in a bind. "You have got to have a great finish."

"We just need somebody to really step up and take it over for us leadership-wise."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 16, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »
"We haven’t had two home games in a row. Everyone else has had that. That hasn’t helped."

i checked this, assuming that weber was incorrect.  but, credit where credit is due, kstate is the only big 12 team that hasn't had (or won't have) back to back home conference games.  the schedulemakers grow ever more devious.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 16, 2017, 12:04:34 PM »

i checked this, assuming that weber was incorrect.  but, credit where credit is due, kstate is the only big 12 team that hasn't had (or won't have) back to back home conference games.  the schedulemakers grow ever more devious.

:D

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 16, 2017, 12:28:04 PM »
The fact that oscar knows that fact is astounding and such a great indication of what a master-level excuse maker oscar is.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 16, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
Doesn't that also mean we are the only Big 12 team without back to back road games?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 16, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
Doesn't that also mean we are the only Big 12 team without back to back road games?

Yes, but the point is that the schedulemakers went to extreme measures to keep the team from getting into any sort of rhythm, whether that's a home stretch in the fOOD or the consistency of a travel routine.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 16, 2017, 12:37:50 PM »
The fact that oscar knows that fact is astounding and such a great indication of what a master-level excuse maker oscar is.
When I read that I was curious how often coaches do that. I'd guess a fair amount. But to bring it up...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 16, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »
I mean it'd be great for locker room talk to fire the guys up about how they hate us or they doubt us or its stacked against us. But you don't say that crap to media.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 16, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »
I mean it'd be great for locker room talk to fire the guys up about how they hate us or they doubt us or its stacked against us. But you don't say that crap to media.

oscar does this all the time though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 16, 2017, 12:46:11 PM »

we do have back to back road games, though.  we start and end the season at home, so we get screwed in between.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 16, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »

we do have back to back road games, though.  we start and end the season at home, so we get screwed in between.

One day, the origin story of the schedulemaker-oscar beef will be told.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 16, 2017, 01:11:27 PM »

Oh I know. I was just saying a good coach would use that to fire up a team and motivate a team. Not use it as an excuse to the media. I'm sure all coaches look at the conference schedule. I don't see coaches complaining to the media about Saturday Monday turnarounds...

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 16, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »

Oh I know. I was just saying a good coach would use that to fire up a team and motivate a team. Not use it as an excuse to the media. I'm sure all coaches look at the conference schedule. I don't see coaches complaining to the media about Saturday Monday turnarounds...

Again, it baffles me how John "micro-managing, tie straightening, note taking, trash can lurking" Currie allows this crap to continue.  oscar sucking at coaching gets people riled up enough as is, but this excuse making has to make his job even tougher.  Why doesn't he put a stop to this?

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 16, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »
I can't believe we had to play ISU after their massive upset in Lawrence......who schedules that crap?
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 16, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »
I'm sure Currie is plenty aware. The end of this season will tell me whether he sympathizes with oscar or whether he doesn't think we are lowly KSU.