Author Topic: ExBruces 2015-16  (Read 84595 times)

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: ExBruces 2015-16
« Reply #350 on: March 11, 2016, 07:35:32 AM »
Only team to have to watch tape at 11 at night in a tournament setting, then try to do walkthrough in a hotel.  No clue what kind of pass these other teams get, but it's not fair.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 11, 2016, 07:42:43 AM »

Only team to have to watch tape at 11 at night in a tournament setting, then try to do walkthrough in a hotel.  No clue what kind of pass these other teams get, but it's not fair.

KU was fresh, but they deserved it for winning the league
:adios:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 11, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »

Looks like oscar is taking a page out of LHC Bill Snyder's playbook.  I want this framed and in my man cave.

Fantastic

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 11, 2016, 07:54:39 AM »
Computers :curse:

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 11, 2016, 08:04:45 AM »

They boop boop boop'd the Cats for like 2 hours straight.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 11, 2016, 08:06:19 AM »
Looks like oscar is taking a page out of LHC LHC Bill Snyder's playbook.  I want this framed and in my man cave.

OMG @Testy Westy, this would make a fantastic magnet!

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2016, 08:09:55 AM »

They boop boop boop'd the Cats for like 2 hours straight.

Pretty sure oscar would have a case if the boop boop booping wasn't consensual. No means no, Self!
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 11, 2016, 08:21:31 AM »
yes, _33, yes!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 11, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »
_33 is always there when we need him most

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 11, 2016, 08:49:52 AM »
Looks like oscar is taking a page out of LHC LHC Bill Snyder's playbook.  I want this framed and in my man cave.

OMG @Testy Westy, this would make a fantastic magnet!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 11, 2016, 09:27:04 AM »
:love:

Take out the extra R in #1 - SCHEDULE MAKERRS.

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 11, 2016, 09:32:59 AM »
On the Border Patrol right now. Nice work _33.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 11, 2016, 09:37:23 AM »

wow!

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 11, 2016, 09:49:22 AM »
 :emawkid:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 11, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »

Take out the extra R in #1 - SCHEDULE MAKERRS.

Fixed!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 11, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »
those cocksuckers better podcast this

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 11, 2016, 10:10:21 AM »
The other day I pulled the 16 excuses out of my pocket that I carry with me at all times.   

Next Currie Newsletter

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »
Kind of long but worth the read if you have time.  Looks like Mark Janssen came out of retirement to write one more puff piece.

SE: Weber's '16 Excuses' Vital To K-States Almost Success
March 4, 2016
This story appeared in Friday's K-State Sports Extra. A daily email newsletter for information on receiving Sports Extra click here.

By Mark Janssen

To the eye, they read so simple … almost generic. To the ear, they sound so simple … almost generic.

But Kansas State basketball coach oscar Weber insists that when the Wildcats have struggled through their most defeats, it has come in years when he was the most dialed into the “16 Excuses for Failure.”

Like in 2015 and again in 2016.

Simplistic ideas like: It was the referees fault, the schedule makers did us no favors, and unlucky bounces of the ball. Generic phrases like: If our conference wasn’t so hard we would have been way better, and the SEC Challenge caused us to lose a bye.

Lumped together, and bought into, Weber summarizes, “If our fans believe in each of these excuses, I, as a coach, will always be able to rationalize my failures.”

Weber is the first to admit that the ’16 Excuses for Failure’ are no more than words on a piece of paper … unless they are put to work. Easily, he says, “They are words that pretty soon can go in one ear and out the other unless totally stressed every single day.”

For that reason, not only do Wildcat basketball fans hear Weber verbalizing the ’16 Excuses’ but they are constantly appearing in newspaper and magazine articles after every K-State loss. They are stated in post-game press conferences and interviews on local radio and television.

“I want them to be in front of the fans at all times,” said Weber. “If they aren’t constantly reminded of them, they might start to believe failure is due to something other than bad luck and poor scheduling.”

But in reality, Weber says, “The question is whether the fans believe them and use them in their life. I don’t make that happen, but they do. It’s up to them whether to place an importance on these particular rationalizations. If they don’t post these same excuses on message boards and twitter, and if they don’t attack any fan who attempts to hold me accountable for the actions of these young, lazy, mistake prone basketball players, then they’re just words on a piece of paper. The important thing is not the words, but whether or not I have a job.”

The ’16 Excuses for Failure’ have never been talked about more than with last year’s K-State team that was picked to finish fourth in the Big 12, but ended up winning only 15 games, at one point losing 8 out of 10 in conference play, and missed out on being invited to any post season tournaments.

“Did I place a greater emphasis on them than past teams? I can’t answer that,” said Weber, “but I did put a great deal of emphasis on them.”

In explaining the reason for their importance, the Wildcat coach says, “If each fan believes each of these excuses, I, as a coach, will always be able to claim that I would have been successful if not for all of those other things.”
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:34:22 AM by _33 »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2016, 10:39:39 AM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »
Kind of long but worth the read if you have time.  Looks like Mark Janssen came out of retirement to write one more puff piece.

SE: Weber's '16 Excuses' Vital To K-States Almost Success
March 4, 2016
This story appeared in Friday's K-State Sports Extra. A daily email newsletter for information on receiving Sports Extra click here.

By Mark Janssen

To the eye, they read so simple … almost generic. To the ear, they sound so simple … almost generic.

But Kansas State basketball coach oscar Weber insists that when the Wildcats have struggled through their most defeats, it has come in years when he was the most dialed into the “16 Excuses for Failure.”

Like in 2015 and again in 2016.

Simplistic ideas like: It was the referees fault, the schedule makers did us no favors, and unlucky bounces of the ball. Generic phrases like: If our conference wasn’t so hard we would have been way better, and the SEC Challenge caused us to lose a bye.

Lumped together, and bought into, Weber summarizes, “If our fans believe in each of these excuses, I, as a coach, will always be able to rationalize my failures.”

Weber is the first to admit that the ’16 Excuses for Failure’ are no more than words on a piece of paper … unless they are put to work. Easily, he says, “They are words that pretty soon can go in one ear and out the other unless totally stressed every single day.”

For that reason, not only do Wildcat basketball fans hear Weber verbalizing the ’16 Excuses’ but they are constantly appearing in newspaper and magazine articles after every K-State loss. They are stated in post-game press conferences and interviews on local radio and television.

“I want them to be in front of the fans at all times,” said Weber. “If they aren’t constantly reminded of them, they might start to believe failure is due to something other than bad luck and poor scheduling.”

But in reality, Weber says, “The question is whether the fans believe them and use them in their life. I don’t make that happen, but they do. It’s up to them whether to place an importance on these particular rationalizations. If they don’t post these same excuses on message boards and twitter, and if they don’t attack any fan who attempts to hold me accountable for the actions of these young, lazy, mistake prone basketball players, then they’re just words on a piece of paper. The important thing is not the words, but whether or not I have a job.”

The ’16 Excuses for Failure’ have never been talked about more than with last year’s K-State team that was picked to finish fourth in the Big 12, but ended up winning only 15 games, at one point losing 8 out of 10 in conference play, and missed out on being invited to any post season tournaments.

“Did I place a greater emphasis on them than past teams? I can’t answer that,” said Weber, “but I did put a great deal of emphasis on them.”

In explaining the reason for their importance, the Wildcat coach says, “If each fan believes each of these excuses, I, as a coach, will always be able to claim that I would have been successful if not for all of those other things.”

omg  :lol:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 11, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
Sorry _33, Looks like your rules aren't going over well on the BOTC fbook page.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »
Remember the running joke of laughing at SLTHism other schools' fan were forced to endure from losery coaches? Basically exbruces.
Karma, I suppose.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #372 on: March 11, 2016, 12:58:23 PM »

If I can find them, I'll ban them all.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2016, 01:36:59 PM »
Excellent work _33.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »

Jill Lively Horrible. Don't know who @33KSU is, but I would bet they've never been involved in what it takes to coach a division 1 team! Shame on you @33KSU!

:frown: