Author Topic: ExBruces 2015-16  (Read 84173 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ExBruces 2015-16
« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2016, 09:17:43 PM »
Can we discuss that he clearly feels some pressure either internal or otherwise? If he felt ultimate security he wouldn't be trying to justify his existence whenever a mic is in front of his face.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 08, 2016, 09:23:40 PM »
Can we discuss that he clearly feels some pressure either internal or otherwise? If he felt ultimate security he wouldn't be trying to justify his existence whenever a mic is in front of his face.

He's smart enough to know a lot of the fans are upset, however I don't think he's feeling internal pressure. He might starting in November, but I doubt he does yet from Currie/Schulz.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »

He's smart enough to know a lot of the fans are upset, however I don't think he's feeling internal pressure. He might starting in November, but I doubt he does yet from Currie/Schulz.

If he's as paranoid as it seems, then pressure is pressure. He's reacting like he's under pressure right now.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 08, 2016, 09:51:46 PM »

If he's as paranoid as it seems, then pressure is pressure. He's reacting like he's under pressure right now.
No, I think that's just oscar being oscar. Look at his quote from the day he won the big 12 title:

"It's been fun. It's been a blast," Weber said. "I just hope, for their sake there's some more good things to come."

He also blames the refs!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=330680197

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »
I want to look for more quotes like this when I get back to a computer because this is fun.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 08, 2016, 09:56:00 PM »
i think he has some sort of autism spectrum disorder, the stuff he says and does just isn't normal.  and no, not everyone who isn't normal has asd, but the way his "differences" manifest themselves has led me to think that he does.  he really struggles in social situations as well as when he tries to communicate. 

maybe he's just ultra insecure but that doesn't make sense considering the things he's accomplished in his life.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2016, 09:56:27 PM »

No, I think that's just oscar being oscar. Look at his quote from the day he won the big 12 title:

"It's been fun. It's been a blast," Weber said. "I just hope, for their sake there's some more good things to come."

He also blames the refs!

Man. oscar is just gonna oscar. No matter what.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2016, 09:57:51 PM »
i think he has some sort of autism spectrum disorder, the stuff he says and does just isn't normal.  and no, not everyone who isn't normal has asd, but the way his "differences" manifest themselves has led me to think that he does.  he really struggles in social situations as well as when he tries to communicate. 

maybe he's just ultra insecure but that doesn't make sense considering the things he's accomplished in his life.

Yeah. I mean, the guy did coach in a national title game. That's what I can't get over. I don't care what he inherited, not everyone does that, especially considering it was his second year there.

The whole oscar thing is just so strange.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2016, 10:20:24 PM »

Yeah. I mean, the guy did coach in a national title game. That's what I can't get over. I don't care what he inherited, not everyone does that, especially considering it was his second year there.

He doesn't land good point guards. It isn't that hard. NBA All-Star Deron Williams --> Championship game. Angel --> Big 12 Champs. Senior Will Spradling --> NCAA Bubble team. Kam/Ervin/Brown --> Nit. Not about who's players, just failure at the most important position.   

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2016, 10:23:42 PM »

Have you seen his pregame speech for the national title game? Even if you have it's worth a rewatch.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2016, 10:25:27 PM »

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2016, 10:27:30 PM »
part 1:  players that don't want to be here.  part 2a:  players that do want to be here.  part 2b: and do the things required to be a cat

players were emotionally drunk. or actually drunk.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2016, 10:29:44 PM »
IN my search for Brucey quotes, I found this:

Gasaway said he was asked earlier this season by Kansas State coach oscar Weber why his team ranked so low in the computer ratings.

“I thought he was asking why are we so low in KenPom, and come to find out he was really asking why are we so low in the RPI, which is a much different answer,” Gasaway said.

Leave it to oscar to ask John Gasaway why he's ranked low in RPI

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1556819-the-ken-pomeroy-effect-how-advanced-metrics-have-revolutionized-ncaa-basketball

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »
He also blames the refs!

We lost that game b/c he put Doc in for Tay down the stretch.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2016, 10:34:28 PM »
Have you seen his pregame speech for the national title game? Even if you have it's worth a rewatch.

I think "oscar" used an adaptation of that speech when he introduced The Connie Indoor at FattyFest last year.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2016, 10:38:42 PM »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2016, 10:48:59 PM »
IN my search for Brucey quotes, I found this:

Gasaway said he was asked earlier this season by Kansas State coach oscar Weber why his team ranked so low in the computer ratings.

“I thought he was asking why are we so low in KenPom, and come to find out he was really asking why are we so low in the RPI, which is a much different answer,” Gasaway said.

Leave it to oscar to ask John Gasaway why he's ranked low in RPI

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1556819-the-ken-pomeroy-effect-how-advanced-metrics-have-revolutionized-ncaa-basketball

"To the advanced stats community, associating a site like KenPom.com with the RPI (Ranking Percentage Index)  is like comparing a chef’s work to a cook’s at McDonald's."

To some connoisseurs nuggets are a delicacy.

rough ridin' K-State scrubbed the references to the team's trip to Brazilian McDonald's like it was Abdul Herrera.

http://www.kstatesports.com/news/sports_m-baskbl_spec-rel_081512aaa_html

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2016, 10:51:22 PM »
Weber was let go after compiling 210-101 record over nine seasons, which included six trips to the NCAA tournament and a national runner-up finish in 2005. The Illini went 17-15 and 6-12 in the Big Ten this season, prompting the administration let Weber go with three years left on his contract.

"I'll be honest: We had a young team, six freshmen, one returning starter," Weber said. "The disappointment of a lot of close losses took a toll. It happens."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/31/oscar-weber-kansas-state-illinois_n_1394173.html

It sure does, oscar.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2016, 10:58:08 PM »
Full OSU postgame quotes!

n how important it is to play well in the conference tournament

"I don't know if its … we want to do well. Hopefully we'll go there and win a conference tournament. If we did something like that, it would solidify a good seed, which gives you some advantage maybe playing in Kansas City thats a wish, a hope, a dream. The main thing is we've got to get better on the defensive end, and it starts in practice in the next few days. I'm proud of the guys. I told them after (the game). I'm disappointed in the one play, the big changing play was the out of bounds where they called the offensive foul. I bet if you went and watched it, it wasn't an offensive foul. That changed the game and the momentum a lot. But then they made plays and we didn't. Nino (Williams) had a couple of free throws. We had three, four opportunities. We had three putbacks on one play and we didn't get it in. Rod had an open shot in the corner and it didn't go down. They made the plays."

:oscar: :oscar: :oscar:

http://www.okstate.com/news/2013/3/9/postgame_quotes_vs_kansas_state.aspx

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 08, 2016, 10:59:33 PM »
can't remember what i said exactly but something to brett in regards to defending oscar's constant excuses. now i'm banned and it's not even bc i'm really steve dave.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »
:lol:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2016, 11:32:21 PM »
Angel's summary of a oscar motivational tactic is, as you would expect, beautiful.

“He gave an example,” guard Angel Rodriguez said, “that we get a lot of Gatorade and liquids in our locker room and guys take two or three and then another guy won’t have any so somebody else has to give it to him because he got more than one. That’s why he says we have to share the juices and that’s the example he gave for the ball, as well. When we share the ball and we play as a team on both ends, we can be really special.”

Also, a common Bruceism is that he just assumes whatever he is doing is the best/toughest/first in history:

“At halftime it was 17 baskets and 17 assists,” Weber said. “I don’t know if that’s ever been done before but that’s pretty impressive”

http://cjonline.com/sports/2013-03-06/k-state-learns-lesson-generosity

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 08, 2016, 11:51:35 PM »
can't remember what i said exactly but something to brett in regards to defending oscar's constant excuses. now i'm banned and it's not even bc i'm really steve dave.

I got you something nice for an early homecoming gift. vvv

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2016, 12:10:08 AM »
I thought it was a reasonable critique.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2016, 12:42:55 AM »
i'll b honest, all these years i thought u had to do more to get banned. it's hilarious how easily they're threatened by a customer making light of the staff's various biases and inability to actually write