Author Topic: Who recruits and who doesn't  (Read 4696 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Who recruits and who doesn't
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
yes that's fair.  no question we are third in the pecking order, though Nino williams is the best local in the '11 class IMO.

where does the kc cowboys or 76ers or whatever they're called fit in?  are they going to be taking (keeping) top talent from mokan and pump&run?  and if they do, where is williams going to send it?

I don't think they're at a point that they can keep the older kids from MoKan and P&R.  But I'm pretty sure Victor was at a KU game w/ wainwright.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 08:07:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure Victor was at a KU game w/ wainwright.

yeah, he's the main guy i'm thinking of.  but wasn't ellis splitting time between the cowboys and mokan last summer?  and i think he has that pg from iowa, too?  the one that committed to isu, then decommitted then recommitted.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 09:45:54 PM »
kstate has also had some interest in several grassroots canada players now, and we don't know who has that contact.  i

oh yeah.  Probably figgs.

jfc, michigancat killed this one.  also lol @ underwood's comparatively shitty contact and props to cassidy for asking a useful question.

Quote from: juevol myles
My AAU coach knew (K-State assistant Matt Figger), and my head coach at Tallahassee has been friends with coach (Brad Underwood) for about seven years.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 12:28:22 AM »
Underwood started his college career playing for a staff that couldn't sell water to nomadic tribes in the Sahara.  So what do you expect??

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »
Dammit Charlotte.  You finally got some revenge for Beasley -- you could have solved one of our problems by picking up 420k'Te.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »
there's some guesswork here, and a lot of slop.  because we never get enough info, and because the staff team recruits.  but here's a guess.

Beas - te420k
Pullen - te420k, martin
F. Brown - martin (but i think one of the assistants had a lot to do with brown.  don't have the link handy, and i don't recall that it was clear which asst.)
R. Anderson - te420k
Sutton - te420k
Samuels - te420k
Gilbert - underwood
Buchi - figger, underwood
Abdul - martin
Kelly - martin
Clemente - martin
McGruds - te420k, shingler
Wally - shingler, te420k
Irving - martin, but the comment on brown may also apply
Russell - figger, martin (might be martin, figger)
JHR - martin
Asprilla - martin
Southwell - martin
Sprads - with locals, it's so different, i'm not sure there is much point in giving credit to any individual coach.
Maple Leaf - unknown.  martin, underwood, figger are all logical for jucos, but kstate has also had some interest in several grassroots canada players now, and we don't know who has that contact.  it's probably martin, but who knows.
Nino - see spradling

Order of recruiting levels:

1. Frank: consistently tries.  Has contacts in numerous areas.  Brought in the only decent prospects post Huggins and not DCA, but doesn't have the charm to be an elite recruiter.

big drop

God bless that man.  He's running a one-man operation and it's going to kill him, but he's doing it for us.   :cry: (in a good way)

:kstatriot:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 10:23:42 AM »
God bless that man.  He's running a one-man operation and it's going to kill him, but he's doing it for us.   :cry: (in a good way)

Frank, see the signs! Kick those posers to the curb and bring in an elite staff of 'cruiters.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 01:57:53 PM »

Frank, see the signs! Kick those posers to the curb and bring in an elite staff of 'cruiters.

IMO, Frank will probably be a lot like Snyder when it comes to how he handles his staff.  Just sayin'.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 07:38:27 AM »
John Ashaolu
Its all good. Glad to see that you are a pure PG now. Lol. Coach Figger is my guy. Happy to see the hard work is paying off.
--To Juevol Myles

Anybody know how or why figgs is in good with the DoBO at ECU??
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 07:57:54 AM »

IMO, Frank will probably be a lot like Snyder when it comes to how he handles his staff.  Just sayin'.
hey, thanks for the insight, dumbass
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3504.0

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 08:22:40 AM »
John Ashaolu
Its all good. Glad to see that you are a pure PG now. Lol. Coach Figger is my guy. Happy to see the hard work is paying off.
--To Juevol Myles

Because he's a good recruiter.  John is the older brother of Olu Ashoulu, who plays at LaTech and played at a high school in Texas for a while.  (He's good, he was a huge get for LaTech).  His other younger brother, Sam, is one of the players that got shot at Duquense (along w/ another KSU recruit that I'm too lazy to look up).

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 08:59:24 AM »
John Ashaolu
--To Juevol Myles

Because he's a good recruiter.  John is the older brother of Olu Ashoulu, who plays at LaTech and played at a high school in Texas for a while.  (He's good, he was a huge get for LaTech).  His other younger brother, Sam, is one of the players that got shot at Duquense (along w/ another KSU recruit that I'm too lazy to look up).

I'll give Juevol to Figgs and say he's pulled even with Undy.