Author Topic: Who recruits and who doesn't  (Read 4694 times)

catzacker

Who recruits and who doesn't
« on: April 20, 2010, 05:00:56 PM »
Thought it might be good to take a recruiting inventory and attribute players/commits with coaches (please correct or add):

Beas - 'Te
Pullen - Frank (not sure who to give this to)??
F. Brown - Frank
R. Anderson - 'Te
Sutton - 'Te
Samuels - 'Te
Gilbert - Frank
Buchi - Figgs/Unds
Abdul - Frank
Kelly - Frank (not sure who to give this to)??
Clemente - Frank
McGruds - 'Te
Wally - 'Te
Irving - Unds
Russell - Figgs
JHR - Frank (not sure who who to give this to)??
Asprilla - Frank
Southwell - Frank/'Te
Sprads - Unds
Maple Leaf - Frank (not sure who to give this to)??
Nino - Unds

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Who recruits and who doesn't
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:02:14 PM »
If they've ever been in the state of Florida, credit Frank.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »
there's some guesswork here, and a lot of slop.  because we never get enough info, and because the staff team recruits.  but here's a guess.

Beas - te420k
Pullen - te420k, martin
F. Brown - martin (but i think one of the assistants had a lot to do with brown.  don't have the link handy, and i don't recall that it was clear which asst.)
R. Anderson - te420k
Sutton - te420k
Samuels - te420k
Gilbert - underwood
Buchi - figger, underwood
Abdul - martin
Kelly - martin
Clemente - martin
McGruds - te420k, shingler
Wally - shingler, te420k
Irving - martin, but the comment on brown may also apply
Russell - figger, martin (might be martin, figger)
JHR - martin
Asprilla - martin
Southwell - martin
Sprads - with locals, it's so different, i'm not sure there is much point in giving credit to any individual coach.
Maple Leaf - unknown.  martin, underwood, figger are all logical for jucos, but kstate has also had some interest in several grassroots canada players now, and we don't know who has that contact.  it's probably martin, but who knows.
Nino - see spradling
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 05:14:10 PM »
The bigger question is, who still recruits??

I guess we pay Te420K to text guys we have no shot of getting.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 05:17:08 PM »
we pay Te420K to text guys we have no shot of getting.

i wish.  we'd be getting tons of elite mentions if that was the case.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 05:17:51 PM »
there's some guesswork here, and a lot of slop.  because we never get enough info, and because the staff team recruits.  but here's a guess.

Beas - te420k
Pullen - te420k, martin
F. Brown - martin (but i think one of the assistants had a lot to do with brown.  don't have the link handy, and i don't recall that it was clear which asst.)
R. Anderson - te420k
Sutton - te420k
Samuels - te420k
Gilbert - underwood
Buchi - figger, underwood
Abdul - martin
Kelly - martin
Clemente - martin
McGruds - te420k, shingler
Wally - shingler, te420k
Irving - martin, but the comment on brown may also apply
Russell - figger, martin (might be martin, figger)
JHR - martin
Asprilla - martin
Southwell - martin
Sprads - with locals, it's so different, i'm not sure there is much point in giving credit to any individual coach.
Maple Leaf - unknown.  martin, underwood, figger are all logical for jucos, but kstate has also had some interest in several grassroots canada players now, and we don't know who has that contact.  it's probably martin, but who knows.
Nino - see spradling
this post makes me want to take a crap in underwood and figger's mouths for like 3 hours straight

fwiw, i don't expect it to change.  frank always  :blah:   :blah:   :jerk:  about being loyal

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 05:20:01 PM »
kstate has also had some interest in several grassroots canada players now, and we don't know who has that contact.  i

really?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 05:27:51 PM »
kstate has also had some interest in several grassroots canada players now, and we don't know who has that contact.  i

really?

myles, powell, glaze.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »
Well we are pretty much  :facepalm: .

The Powertards have gone into full blown, "I trust Frank" mode.   

Just still having to verbalize my shock at how rapidly this staff devolved into SLTH.   Who knew that a big pay raise would cause instantaneous recruiting trail softness??

I guess Frank can spend more time at the Sale Barn wearing those Cowboy Boots the Wamego Bankers bought him . . . and getting lots of SLTH slaps on the back and remembrances of that Elite 8 run in 2010.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 05:34:37 PM »
Holy Dog$hit, if you're going to recruit mutts, go and at least get a mutt like Larry Reid.   

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »

really?

myles, powell, glaze.

oh yeah.  Probably figgs.

Well we are pretty much  :facepalm: .

The Powertards have gone into full blown, "I trust Frank" mode.  

Just still having to verbalize my shock at how rapidly this staff devolved into SLTH.   Who knew that a big pay raise would cause instantaneous recruiting trail softness??

I guess Frank can spend more time at the Sale Barn wearing those Cowboy Boots the Wamego Bankers bought him . . . and getting lots of SLTH slaps on the back and remembrances of that Elite 8 run in 2010.

sodj, I know we disagreed a lot during the season, but I agree w/ what you're saying here 100%, and you say it so well.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »
just realized powell was #23 on Rivals.  Sheesh.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 05:46:13 PM »
Rusty . . . I guess we're just going to sit around and bitch about ku shenanigans on the recruiting trail and cry in our beer instead of fighting back.  We're mailing it in at this juncture . . . part of chemistry is evolving your "chemistry". 

From the sounds of it, we might want to have somebody bird dogging the Cooley kid until he plays himself out of being a high D1 prospect.   

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
Rusty . . . I guess we're just going to sit around and bitch about ku shenanigans on the recruiting trail and cry in our beer instead of fighting back.  We're mailing it in at this juncture . . . part of chemistry is evolving your "chemistry". 

Quote from: frank
why settle for second to a good recruit, when there are bad recruits that Bill Self doesn't know exists available?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 06:08:49 PM »
I will continue to berate and bitch and until we cleanse the devil  known as K-State basketball recruiting after 1987 right out of our system.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »
Figger should get more heat than Dalonte.

Underwood is irrelevant.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »

Underwood is irrelevant.

water is wet!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »

Underwood is irrelevant.

Figger is the best scouting/planning coach on staff.  That's what he's there for.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »
Order of recruiting levels:

1. Frank: consistently tries.  Has contacts in numerous areas.  Brought in the only decent prospects post Huggins and not DCA, but doesn't have the charm to be an elite recruiter.

big drop

2. 'Te.  Rode his DCA connections into the ground for two class (07 and 09)  has since completely quit.  Not sure he's got anything in the tank even if he hasn't quit.

3. Undy.  recruits locals.  Gets his ass kicked on the good ones...manges to pick up a couple.  Scrapes together scrub JUCOs to fill out the roster.

4.  Figger.  utterly useless.  Once got a kid to commit and come to school at K-State.  Congrats I guess.

catzacker

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 06:36:29 PM »
it would seem that 'Te has served his purpose, but at the same time he appears to be the only person, sans Martin, who has gotten us (through connections/relationships) anyone of any note.  and with the silent recruiting (can we come up with a neat nicname for this?  Maybe something like "Red October Recruiting".  I dunno.) it makes me think that we'll be in 3* heaven forever until one of our Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) staff takes the northern colorado job or something and we luck into a guy who's got connections in the short term (like 'Te).

catzacker

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:13 PM »

1. Frank: consistently tries.  Has contacts in numerous areas.  Brought in the only decent prospects post Huggins and not DCA, but doesn't have the charm to be an elite recruiter.

big drop

2. 'Te.  Rode his DCA connections into the ground for two class (07 and 09)  has since completely quit.  Not sure he's got anything in the tank even if he hasn't quit.

3. Undy.  recruits locals.  Gets his ass kicked on the good ones...manges to pick up a couple.  Scrapes together scrub JUCOs to fill out the roster.
4.  Figger.  utterly useless.  Once got a kid to commit and come to school at K-State.  Congrats I guess.

fair to say that Anderson absolutely destroys us in local recruiting? (local meaning the local players that ku doesn't want).  actually, might say that anderson destroys us in recruiting regardless of the locale.  apparently, Anderson's family friends send their kids to MU whereas Franks just cocktease him.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »

big drop

3. Undy.  recruits locals.  Gets his ass kicked on the good ones...manges to pick up a couple.  Scrapes together scrub JUCOs to fill out the roster.

fair to say that Anderson absolutely destroys us in local recruiting? (local meaning the local players that ku doesn't want).  actually, might say that anderson destroys us in recruiting regardless of the locale.  apparently, Anderson's family friends send their kids to MU whereas Franks just cocktease him.

yes that's fair.  no question we are third in the pecking order, though Nino williams is the best local in the '11 class IMO.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 07:00:55 PM »

big drop

I think it helps that a lot of the local kids that Anderson has gotten have been from the Missouri side.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »
yes that's fair.  no question we are third in the pecking order, though Nino williams is the best local in the '11 class IMO.

where does the kc cowboys or 76ers or whatever they're called fit in?  are they going to be taking (keeping) top talent from mokan and pump&run?  and if they do, where is williams going to send it?

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »

where does the kc cowboys or 76ers or whatever they're called fit in?  are they going to be taking (keeping) top talent from mokan and pump&run?  and if they do, where is williams going to send it?

:dunno:    Go get 'em Undy?    :dunno:        :facepalm: