Author Topic: Brad Underwood isn't coming to KState...  (Read 61642 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Brad Underwood isn't coming to KState...
« Reply #375 on: March 24, 2016, 07:59:19 AM »
I would be fine to have the next coach k at KSTATE for 5 years and then leaving. Good grief, I have friends that do not understand the idea that it is better to train your employees and help them grow and they end up leaving you vs not training them, they suck, and stay with you.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Brad Underwood isn't coming to KState...
« Reply #376 on: March 24, 2016, 08:33:57 AM »
I would be fine to have the next coach k at KSTATE for 5 years and then leaving. Good grief, I have friends that do not understand the idea that it is better to train your employees and help them grow and they end up leaving you vs not training them, they suck, and stay with you.

We'd all enjoy a great five year run. We'd all enjoy a great 10-15 year run of one coach more though.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 24, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »

We'd all enjoy a great five year run. We'd all enjoy a great 10-15 year run of one coach more though.

I don't think we'll see a "great" 15 year run at KSU again. Depends on your definition of "great" I guess. Like, Frank wasn't exactly great, but I think we all knew that if he didn't have the anger issues he would have been a candidate for much better jobs. Brad matching Frank's tenure over five years (and being issue free) gets him in the discussion for jobs like Michigan State, Maryland, Indiana, Arizona, UCLA and maybe even Kentucky when they open up. And he would listen.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 24, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »
Any hope for a career coach at K-State is probably idealistic. There has been one good coach retire from K-State ever in Jack Hartman. At the end of Jack's tenure K-State was struggling badly. 4 straight years of no postseason, 3 games over .500 overall, and 18-38 in conference play. Every other successful coach left for somewhere else. Jack Gardner went to Utah. Tex Winter went to Washington. Lon Kruger went to Florida. Frank went to South Carolina.

Granted, Tex had a fairly long tenure of 15 years here, but he still left for somewhere else (and never made a trip to the tournament again in stops at Washington, Northwestern, and Long Beach State.)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 24, 2016, 11:04:42 AM »
Also Cotton leaving to coach the Suns.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2016, 11:13:40 AM »

I don't think we'll see a "great" 15 year run at KSU again. Depends on your definition of "great" I guess. Like, Frank wasn't exactly great, but I think we all knew that if he didn't have the anger issues he would have been a candidate for much better jobs. Brad matching Frank's tenure over five years (and being issue free) gets him in the discussion for jobs like Michigan State, Maryland, Indiana, Arizona, UCLA and maybe even Kentucky when they open up. And he would listen.
I believe we will get a chance to see if this happens with Brad with a talent like Evans to build around.  OSU's AD Mike Holder is late 60s so it's not hard for me to see a successful Underwood looking around in a few years, especially if the next OSU AD is cut from the Currie cloth.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 24, 2016, 12:01:05 PM »
my okie state friends are giving me so much crap. "we're going to be paying underwood almost a million dollars per year less than weber."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 24, 2016, 12:01:53 PM »
"we're going to be paying underwood almost a million dollars per year less than weber."

great news, if true.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:12 PM »
tulsa article says it will be somewhere between 1-1.5 mil/yr

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 24, 2016, 12:05:22 PM »
He's came a long ways since that JUCO pay day.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 24, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »
that's fantastic.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2016, 12:14:05 PM »
seems about right, where does that line him up in b12 salaries?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »
gotta be down at the bottom w/Prohm

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 24, 2016, 12:16:15 PM »
seems about right, where does that line him up in b12 salaries?

last. prohm makes 1.5 at isu

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 24, 2016, 01:59:02 PM »
OSU was so stupid with the Ford contract that being extra cautious with Brad makes sense.

Also, shows this wasn't about T Boone opening up his wallet. OSU quickly pursued Brad and he quickly answered. If we had pursued him at all he would've listened.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 24, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »
If we come after him at some point, OSU will be more than capable of matching or offering more if they choose to.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 24, 2016, 02:14:14 PM »
If we come after him at some point, OSU will be more than capable of matching or offering more if they choose to.

Definitely.

I just heard a few people on twitter say something about Boone's money with Underwood, and that's not the case at all. If we went after Brad and offered him oscar's contract he would be here.

But if/when Brad has success there, OSU will extend and pay him if that rumor for his contract is really true. They probably won't be as dumb as they were with Ford though.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 24, 2016, 02:23:54 PM »
OSU was so stupid with the Ford contract that being extra cautious with Brad makes sense.

Also, shows this wasn't about T Boone opening up his wallet. OSU quickly pursued Brad and he quickly answered. If we had pursued him at all he would've listened.

Have been told that... 

"Underwoods parents have shared that Brad had  dialogue and offer from oSu late Sunday and his agent reached out to Currie and…….. crickets. No response."

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 24, 2016, 02:36:53 PM »

Have been told that... 

"Underwoods parents have shared that Brad had  dialogue and offer from oSu late Sunday and his agent reached out to Currie and…….. crickets. No response."

from who? a cowboy fan?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 24, 2016, 02:38:55 PM »

Have been told that... 

from who? a cowboy fan?

guy from Mac who's connected to the Undies

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 24, 2016, 02:44:53 PM »

Have been told that... 

from who? a cowboy fan?

don't do this to us.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 24, 2016, 02:49:21 PM »

Have been told that... 

from who? a cowboy fan?

don't do this to us.

I heard the same thing over lunch today.
@mikec2w

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2016, 02:57:30 PM »
i read the same thing here around 2:23:54 pm
with this many people reporting it, it must be true

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 24, 2016, 03:01:28 PM »
if/when Brad has success there, OSU will extend and pay him if that rumor for his contract is really true. They probably won't be as dumb as they were with Ford though.

the window is next year, before (hopefully) he has enormous success.  two years, max.  currie needs to die or leave sometime in the next two years.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 24, 2016, 03:32:45 PM »
checked some sources and that line about brad reaching out to currie is hooey.  :facepalm: