Author Topic: Brad Underwood isn't coming to KState...  (Read 61640 times)

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: Brad Underwood isn't coming to KState...
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2016, 06:53:33 PM »
oscar listens to polka

Offline SFAXE93

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2016, 11:44:21 AM »
LSU
Memphis
OSU
Stanford
TCU

Take your pick...they will all come a calling.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
He is going to continue whipping ass for another year and if his alma mater opens up then he is going there.  If it doesn't then he will take best available job next year.   Unless he beats Huggins then his Alma mater hires him this year.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »
The best and most realistic path for Brad to coach KSU is for him to take one of these major conference jobs that he wouldn't form any bond with and get whatever experience at that level people think is important and then he can jump to KSU when there's new administration.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2016, 12:06:26 PM »
The best and most realistic path for Brad to coach KSU is for him to take one of these major conference jobs that he wouldn't form any bond with and get whatever experience at that level people think is important and then he can jump to KSU when there's new administration.

best path is to replace a successful mid-major taking over one of these shitty major conference jobs. It's always better to take over a winner.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2016, 12:12:02 PM »

best path is to replace a successful mid-major taking over one of these shitty major conference jobs. It's always better to take over a winner.

True.  I was thinking from the perspective of eliminating any objection (lack of coaching/recruiting at "our level") that anyone could have when a new AD would be considering Brad.

My point is more that I don't think KSU permanently loses out on him if he moves up from SFA to somewhere else now.  We couldn't get him for a little while anyway.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2016, 01:38:33 PM »

The only jobs that fit that profile are Wichita State and maybe Houston. All of the other mid major schools that could open up are lateral moves at best.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »
The only jobs that fit that profile are Wichita State and maybe Houston. All of the other mid major schools that could open up are lateral moves at best.

new seats open when other seats fill.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2016, 03:47:59 PM »

No, there are shitloads of mid major jobs better than SFA. Namely, most of them who have coaches leave for better jobs.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2016, 03:54:41 PM »
Of course there are a lot of mid major jobs better than SFA. But I don't see a lot of them where Brad would be a good fit opening up this year.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2016, 03:59:10 PM »
Of course there are a lot of mid major jobs better than SFA. But I don't see a lot of them where Brad would be a good fit opening up this year.

Are WSU and Houston opening up this year?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »

UCF, Tulane, and SLU could all be good natural fits. And the good mid major jobs haven't started opening yet (but they will).

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »

UCF, Tulane, and SLU could all be good natural fits. And the good mid major jobs haven't started opening yet (but they will).

Those teams won 12, 12, and 11 games this year. Why on earth would Brad subject himself to a rebuild at any of those schools?

Are WSU and Houston opening up this year?

Marshall is always in the conversation for P5 jobs and Sampson won 22 games this year. Both have resumes that warrant a better job IMO.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2016, 06:31:41 PM »

Those teams won 12, 12, and 11 games this year. Why on earth would Brad subject himself to a rebuild at any of those schools?

I don't think it would be a good idea...just saying that there will likely be a natural fit available as the high majors poach from mid majors.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2016, 08:37:56 PM »
I did not notice this, but Brad is already 52.  If he goes somewhere else for 4-5 years, he's gonna be damn old before we get him.
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
I did not notice this, but Brad is already 52.  If he goes somewhere else for 4-5 years, he's gonna be damn old before we get him.

This is why I want him now, or next year at the latest.

FWIW, oscar was 55 when Currie lured him away from CofC.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2016, 08:47:22 PM »
How old is larranaga? How about Steve Fisher?  Ever think of that one?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2016, 08:49:00 PM »
How old is larranaga? How about Steve Fisher?  Ever think of that one?

Good point. Larr was 61 when he went to the U.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2016, 08:52:15 PM »
Barely a boomer

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2016, 08:58:29 PM »
We haven't had a coach for more than 6 seasons in 30 years. Age is the least of my worries with a head coach.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »
We haven't had a coach for more than 6 seasons in 30 years. Age is the least of my worries with a head coach.

True.

Hartman was 16 seasons. Tex was 15 seasons. Gardner 10 seasons. Then the rest. Not a bunch of long term coaches here.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2016, 09:11:23 PM »

Huggins left for his alma mater after a one year stint. (sh)it happens.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline SFAXE93

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2016, 09:42:21 PM »
Umm...SFA is the good mid-major job and BU is not going to leave for a Tulane, Marshall, etc. He already turned down more money in Marshall and Southern Mississippi two seasons ago.

No, it will take a power 5 conference for him to leave.

Remember Robert Hill (SFA AD) gave BU his first division one head coaching gig and BU is very grateful for that and BU is going to want to go to another program that is just as committed to winning as SFA is.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
You are adorable