Author Topic: Freedom is really not applicable to Christian businesses!  (Read 49919 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Freedom is really not applicable to Christian businesses!
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2015, 09:26:47 PM »
good grief dax  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2015, 09:28:39 PM »
:lol:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2015, 09:33:21 PM »
#closted
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
http://louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-camera-gay-wedding-cake-at-muslim-bakery/

I need a ruling from the libtards - do we boycott this bakery, too?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2015, 10:26:09 PM »

Didn't watch, but let's just say yes. Will you start a fundraiser for them in response?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2015, 10:33:29 PM »
You seem pretty fired up about all this . . . cRusty.  I can see it now, of course I really see the late Phil Hartman as Bill Clinton signing that bill, talking about the "big buy upstairs".   I mean, I really do have a good imagination.
I'M FIRED UP!!!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2015, 10:44:54 PM »
kRusty is clearly rattled

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2015, 10:46:44 PM »

Didn't watch, but let's just say yes. Will you start a fundraiser for them in response?

You should watch. The guy is funny. And sure, if the libtards boycotted any of those Muslim bakeries and somebody started a crowd funding campaign, I'd probably chip in a few bucks. Easy for me to say since I know they'll never be boycotted.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2015, 11:30:27 PM »
I have been at slow boil every since I learned about this issue, but I could not understand what was gnawing at my innards.   Laws protecting against discriminating the sale of goods to other humans is good.  Tonight my gasket has burst and my steam pipes ruptured when I read hateful militant gays have forced the closure of a small pizzeria in Indiana.  The owner said the would serve pizza to anyone, but not cater a gay wedding.  I just googled gays refuse to serve Christians; I found multiple stories where gays refused to sell a product or service to Christians.  One gay baker said it was against his beliefs to make a wedding cake for a hetro-marriage - it was his right to do business with whom he chooses.  This is not about fairness and non-discrimination,  it is about militant gays trying to jam their beliefs down others throats.  If militant gays want a culture war, every Christian or pro-traditional lifestyle need to go to every gay business and order hetroproducts.  If I owned that pizzeria I would have delivered the crappiest tasting pizza ever made in the history of man.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:49 PM »

.If militant gays want a culture war, every Christian or pro-traditional lifestyle need to go to every gay business and order hetroproducts.

loved this part, reno

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2015, 07:53:01 AM »

You should watch. The guy is funny. And sure, if the libtards boycotted any of those Muslim bakeries and somebody started a crowd funding campaign, I'd probably chip in a few bucks. Easy for me to say since I know they'll never be boycotted.

Are you saying liberals are Muslims? I don't understand your point.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2015, 08:39:48 AM »
It takes real talent for you guys to speak out both sides of your mouth. 

1) This law is about religious protection, its not about discrimination.  Gays aren't really discriminated against!!

2) Lets make a strawman about Muslims, our favorite boogeyman, that shows actual discrimination, pretend that all libs love Muslims and their anti-gblt actions and make it seem like libs would support them.  While simultaneously showcasing the discrimination you say doesn't exist and the law which would protect them. 

I mean you really can't make this kind of stuff up.  Truly some Kerri Strug level mental gymnastics.  Although I wonder if would guys would rather have Rush or Hannity come carry you off the mat.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2015, 08:43:53 AM »
Guest host on laura ingram today, lame

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2015, 09:05:04 AM »

1) This law is about religious protection, its not about discrimination.  Gays aren't really discriminated against!!

2) Lets make a strawman about Muslims, our favorite boogeyman, that shows actual discrimination, pretend that all libs love Muslims and their anti-gblt actions and make it seem like libs would support them.  While simultaneously showcasing the discrimination you say doesn't exist and the law which would protect them. 

I mean you really can't make this kind of stuff up.  Truly some Kerri Strug level mental gymnastics.  Although I wonder if would guys would rather have Rush or Hannity come carry you off the mat.

Only in your bizarre, twisted mind am I talking out of both sides of my mouth. Let me see if I can untangle this for you...

1. The law is NEUTRAL (or was - I haven't seen the revised version). It only provides the "compelling interest" balancing test that a court has to apply in a religious freedom case. THIS IS A FACT.

2. Regardless of number 1 above, Americans have freedom of religion in this country. THAT IS ALSO A FACT. It is therefore my opinion (and the opinion of a majority of Americans according to polls) that people who object to gay marriage for religious reasons should not be compelled to provide services for gay weddings.

3. While not directly related, I am also pointing out the hypocrisy on the left in attacking Christian businesses, while at the same time largely looking the other way when it comes to Muslim businesses with the same viewpoint. Oh, they'll pay some lipservice to the notion that "I don't care if they're Christian  or Muslim, it's wrong" but we all know (at least, all sensible people know) that the libtards won't go after the Muslim businesses with the same zeal as the Christian businesses.

None of that is inconsistent.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2015, 09:26:03 AM »
Why are leftists so bigoted towards christians, but will go miles out of their way to defend muslims?  It seems weird to repeatedly rail on one while staunchly defending the other?

My thoughts, perverse indoctrination.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2015, 09:30:28 AM »
Why are leftists so bigoted towards christians, but will go miles out of their way to defend muslims?  It seems weird to repeatedly rail on one while staunchly defending the other?

My thoughts, perverse indoctrination.

As a moderate, I'm bigoted toward Muslims and Christians equally.  They're right up there with Scientologists almost.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »
I think more atheists cut work today than catholics. Which was negative surprising because most atheists are self centered sociopaths.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2015, 09:37:15 AM »
I think more atheists cut work today than catholics. Which was negative surprising because most atheists are self centered sociopaths.

Get to work you atheists, jeez.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »
Why would someone not work today? Spring break?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2015, 10:02:27 AM »
It warms my heart to think that seven is listening to conservative talk radio. Soon he will join us.  :cheers:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2015, 10:27:50 AM »
edn I have never said that gay people haven't been discriminated against, ever.    I'm just appalled at the level of projection coming from some, who are using hypothetical scenarios and positioning them as being exactly the same thing as the most abhorrent levels of discrimination that have actually occurred in this country.   It's disgusting, but, typical.

So not enough gays are being murdered in the streets for you to give a crap about their plight?  I mean stop and think about the paradigm you're constructing for them to be sufficiently discriminated against before you push for their rights.  They don't have equal property rights.  They don't have equal contract rights.  They aren't a protected class.  They don't have a right to marry.  States don't observe the fundamental principles of comity with respect to gblt rights.  They are consistently persecuted in this country and only the most overt and heinous acts are rejected (think Phelps).  How is that situation fundamentally different then the Civil Rights movement in the mid 20th century?  Your only fall back at that point it seems is that not enough gays are being killed.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »

Only in your bizarre, twisted mind am I talking out of both sides of my mouth. Let me see if I can untangle this for you...

1. The law is NEUTRAL (or was - I haven't seen the revised version). It only provides the "compelling interest" balancing test that a court has to apply in a religious freedom case. THIS IS A FACT.

2. Regardless of number 1 above, Americans have freedom of religion in this country. THAT IS ALSO A FACT. It is therefore my opinion (and the opinion of a majority of Americans according to polls) that people who object to gay marriage for religious reasons should not be compelled to provide services for gay weddings.

3. While not directly related, I am also pointing out the hypocrisy on the left in attacking Christian businesses, while at the same time largely looking the other way when it comes to Muslim businesses with the same viewpoint. Oh, they'll pay some lipservice to the notion that "I don't care if they're Christian  or Muslim, it's wrong" but we all know (at least, all sensible people know) that the libtards won't go after the Muslim businesses with the same zeal as the Christian businesses.

None of that is inconsistent.

Its so cute when you think you're trying.

1) It isn't neutral for a number of reasons, mostly because of the specific language of the bill which makes it fundamentally different then the federal version and the vast majority of the various state laws.  On its face it allows you to use your religion to attack the basic commerce rights of citizens.  It abhorrently provides a defense against legal recourse by offended parties (gays in this case) which nearly every other bill, including the fed does not.  Whats worse is that we are further entrenching the Hobby Lobby decision with this asinine notion that companies have rights as well as their owners.  (also love how you bitched out of the closely held corp issue) 

2) I recognize that right and it ends when you attack other people with it.  There are lots of racists who run business too. Congrats on painting yourself squarely in that camp.  Its great that you paint this "majority" (lol weekly standard report) when you clearly don't understand the stats at hand.  America is equally split on the issue and your poll suggesting this majority is nearly withing the margin of error.  The problem is that you haven't read the entire question so you've lost call context to it with your spoon fed headline based reporting. 

3) I'm constantly amazed at white protests ability to feel persecuted in a country where they have been the unquestioned dominant force since its founding.  People agitating for their rights is not part of a culture war against "you". The reality is that yes your power structure will have to be rolled back in order to allow room for others to have their fundamental civil rights.  And by rolled back, I mean you might have to actually realize that other people should be allowed to vote, have property, and purse their individual liberty.  Nothing is eroding your rights, people are eroding your unquestioned hegemony over America's discourse.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »
Why would someone not work today? Spring break?

Good Friday. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
Holidays should all fall on Fridays