Author Topic: RIP Dylan Meier...maybe don't read this...we had some critical "feedback"  (Read 53955 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Dylan Meier...
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2010, 03:25:31 PM »
I know I don't have to read it and probably shouldn't for my own sake.  Just couldn't let this one go...  Again, I hope none of you have to experience anything so tragic.

I've definitely experienced things more tragic, douche.

care to share? could be a cathartic moment for all involved.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2010, 03:28:43 PM »
I hike a lot. It's fun.

Offline wildcatforlife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
I know I don't have to read it and probably shouldn't for my own sake.  Just couldn't let this one go...  Again, I hope none of you have to experience anything so tragic.

Everyone will though

Fall off a cliff or watch a family member do it?  I sure hope not.  

Not to try and fight your battles for you SD, but 4Life you did say "experience something tragic", not fall off a cliff. Everyone has to live through someone close to them dieing, it doesn't make what happened to Dylan anyless of a terrible thing. My cousins' 2 year old having a tumor large enough to push his organs around, or a friends 2 year old daughter being diagnosed with luekemia are also tragedies.  Some people deal with their feelings one way, others in another way.  Some people get offended at every little things, others don't. I'm not defending some of the things said on here, but if they want to say them, then they can. If you want to call them a d*ck, you can. End of story.

I completely agree that everyone has to experience tragedy in their life (illness, death, etc.).  Someone earlier alluded to our soldiers overseas...  I'm certainly not trying to say that this is any more tragic than any other death (though I can't imagine how his brothers will get past witnessing it).  Dylan's death isn't any more important just because he was a football player or because of the horrific nature of it.  Any death is horrible for the people who loved that person.  That's my whole point.  People are suffering right now, and they can deal with it how they choose.  Why total strangers want to make fun of him right now is beyond me.  I don't get offended at every little thing or else I certainly wouldn't read this message board.  I just think this is crossing the line. 

BTW, I didn't call anyone a d*ck...that was a different poster.  I'm just trying to show some respect for Dylan.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:32:44 PM by wildcatforlife »

Offline wildcatfamily

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: sick to my stomach
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2010, 03:32:49 PM »
I feel sick to my stomach right now, not just from the news of Dylan's tragedy but from reading the posts from some of you so-called EMAWers.  I know I'll get annihilated for posting this, but it needs to be said anyway.  I cannot for the life of me understand how a person can make fun of another for dying.  I didn't understand it with Brooks Berringer, and I don't understand it now.  Whatever you thought of his football career here, he was a human being with a family who is suffering terribly right now.  What if his family would read this board looking for support from the Wildcat Nation and find some of these comments instead?  I don't want to understand the sick mind that even thinks these things let alone putting it out there for others to see.  Would you say these things out loud or is it just because you're anonymous on this board?  I've looked at some other fan boards, and it's pathetic when the fan base making jokes is the one he played for.  Go ahead and make fun of me, but I hope this makes you think just a little bit.

I send out many prayers and condolences to the Meier family and sincerely hope that none of you ever have to deal with anything like this.

Could not agree more!  I know this site tries to be all edgy and everything, but come on.  This is not the time to make fun of the guy.  I too have looked at other team boards, and no one is stooping as low as this board.  It's sickening. To say Dylan's family should not be reading this thread is ridiculous.  The thread is titled RIP Dylan Meier.  It is on a K-State board.  Seems pretty logical that it would be sympathetic towards his family and sad for the loss of his young life.  I've talked to several friends who read this board regularly, and all are in agreement it is just in poor, poor taste.   

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »

Everyone will though

Fall off a cliff or watch a family member do it?  I sure hope not.  

Not to try and fight your battles for you SD, but 4Life you did say "experience something tragic", not fall off a cliff. Everyone has to live through someone close to them dieing, it doesn't make what happened to Dylan anyless of a terrible thing. My cousins' 2 year old having a tumor large enough to push his organs around, or a friends 2 year old daughter being diagnosed with luekemia are also tragedies.  Some people deal with their feelings one way, others in another way.  Some people get offended at every little things, others don't. I'm not defending some of the things said on here, but if they want to say them, then they can. If you want to call them a d*ck, you can. End of story.

I completely agree that everyone has to experience tragedy in their life (illness, death, etc.).  Someone earlier alluded to our soldiers overseas...  I'm certainly not trying to say that this is any more tragic than any other death (though I can't imagine how his brothers will get past witnessing it).  Dylan's death isn't any more important just because he was a football player or because of the horrific nature of it.  Any death is horrible for the people who loved that person.  That's my whole point.  People are suffering right now, and they can deal with it how they choose.  Why total strangers want to make fun of him right now is beyond me.  I don't get offended at every little thing or else I certainly wouldn't read this message board.  I just think this is crossing the line. 

BTW, I didn't call anyone a d*ck...that was a different poster.  I'm just trying to show some respect for Dylan.

I wasn't saying you did call some one a d*ck, but that you could

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2010, 03:38:44 PM »

To say Dylan's family should not be reading this thread is ridiculous.  The thread is titled RIP Dylan Meier. 

I'll fix that, and then it will be all better.  You'll see.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »
FWIW,  I feel horrible for the meier family and very saddened by this.  but I also deal with tragedies by poking fun at them and making off color jokes.  Freaking out about how I and anyone else deals with tragedy is a very douche thing to do.  What if people called you a mommy for crying?  That's how you deal with tragedy, but many people would think that is a really faggy thing to do. Who's right, who's wrong?   Stop being a douche and take the time to realize that OKCat and anyone else is EMAW and deep down, they are saddened by this.  They just deal with their feelings in a different way.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2010, 03:42:48 PM »
Approximately 5,000 unborn U.S. citizens have now been killed since Dylan fell off the cliff yesterday.  Keep them in your prayers as well.

And was there a 5 page thread here or a bazillion posts on gpc when Elijah Alexander died?  I didn't even notice that had happened.   :opcat:?

RIP Elijah.  You were one of the very best players (and maybe the very best) that formed the foundation of this program when Snyder arrived.

And RIP Dylan.

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I love how many "long time listeners, first time callers" these types of threads bring out.  I also believe that many of these comments are in poor taste, but if you didn't already know that these doodz had poor taste, then you haven't been here long enough.  As soon as I heard that DM had died, I knew there would be a thread mocking his shoulder, falling off cliff etc.  I thought there might be a reference to Wile E. Coyote, but there hasn't.  SO I guess that's a start, right?  Anyway, hopefully Dylan is in a better place now and hopefully his brother's and other family can somehow get past this.  Hopefully Kerry Meier is drafted in the middle rounds and prompty blows both knees out.  I kid....I kid.   Sorta.  

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2010, 03:43:25 PM »
FWIW,  I feel horrible for the meier family and very saddened by this.  but I also deal with tragedies by poking fun at them and making off color jokes.  Freaking out about how I and anyone else deals with tragedy is a very douche thing to do.  What if people called you a frog for crying?  That's how you deal with tragedy, but many people would think that is a really froggy thing to do. Who's right, who's wrong?   Stop being a douche and take the time to realize that OKCat and anyone else is EMAW and deep down, they are saddened by this.  They just deal with their feelings in a different way.

Frog.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2010, 03:48:50 PM »
I feel sick to my stomach right now, not just from the news of Dylan's tragedy but from reading the posts from some of you so-called EMAWers.  I know I'll get annihilated for posting this, but it needs to be said anyway.  I cannot for the life of me understand how a person can make fun of another for dying.  I didn't understand it with Brooks Berringer, and I don't understand it now.  Whatever you thought of his football career here, he was a human being with a family who is suffering terribly right now.  What if his family would read this board looking for support from the Wildcat Nation and find some of these comments instead?  I don't want to understand the sick mind that even thinks these things let alone putting it out there for others to see.  Would you say these things out loud or is it just because you're anonymous on this board?  I've looked at some other fan boards, and it's pathetic when the fan base making jokes is the one he played for.  Go ahead and make fun of me, but I hope this makes you think just a little bit.

I send out many prayers and condolences to the Meier family and sincerely hope that none of you ever have to deal with anything like this.

Could not agree more!  I know this site tries to be all edgy and everything, but come on.  This is not the time to make fun of the guy.  I too have looked at other team boards, and no one is stooping as low as this board.  It's sickening. To say Dylan's family should not be reading this thread is ridiculous.  The thread is titled RIP Dylan Meier.  It is on a K-State board.  Seems pretty logical that it would be sympathetic towards his family and sad for the loss of his young life.  I've talked to several friends who read this board regularly, and all are in agreement it is just in poor, poor taste.   

in all fairness, it seems like both of you are lumping the whole board in with a couple of people. if you have problems with those individuals, maybe you should address them and not the board as a whole. also, this site doesn't really "try" to do anything other than not over moderate which is good and won't ever change.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:55:56 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I love how many "long time listeners, first time callers" these types of threads bring out.  I also believe that many of these comments are in poor taste, but if you didn't already know that these doodz had poor taste, then you haven't been here long enough.  As soon as I heard that DM had died, I knew there would be a thread mocking his shoulder, falling off cliff etc.  I thought there might be a reference to Wile E. Coyote, but there hasn't.  SO I guess that's a start, right?  Anyway, hopefully Dylan is in a better place now and hopefully his brother's and other family can somehow get past this.  Hopefully Kerry Meier is drafted in the middle rounds and prompty blows both knees out.  I kid....I kid.   Sorta.  

See, now I feel terrible for that. Damn you for putting the idea out there....

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Sobering reminder that hiking is big time dangerous.

Offline wildcatforlife

• Fan
    • View Profile
When my grandparents died, the family got together and told funny stories about them.  It's a great way to remember the good times and escape the sadness for awhile.  I understand that method of coping.  I hardly think the comments on here fall under the same category.  

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
for the record, i don't care that he died.  Didn't know him, don't know his family, and never will.  

I think it's silly that random people on the internet are "grieving" the loss of someone they didn't know.

Also, what do you think was the last thing that went through Dylan's brain?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When my grandparents died, the family got together and told funny stories about them.  It's a great way to remember the good times and escape the sadness for awhile.  I understand that method of coping.  I hardly think the comments on here fall under the same category.  

To be fair, I'll bet the stories about your grandparents weren't nearly as funny as some of the posters on this site.  We have some real cards.

Offline wildcatforlife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2010, 03:55:59 PM »

in all fairness, it seems like both of you are lumping the whole board in with a couple of people. if you have problems with those individuals, maybe you should address them and not the board as a whole. also, this site doesn't really "try" to do anything other than not "over moderate" fwiw, which tends to work well more often than not imo.

Agreed that's it's only a few people.  Most posters have shown respect for Dylan and his family.

yoga-like_abana

http://www.kansas.com/2010/04/20/1277963/arkansas-sheriff-confirms-death.html
bring your cams to the spring game, that way if I don't go you guys can upload the tribute video.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Approximately 5,000 unborn U.S. citizens have now been killed since Dylan fell off the cliff yesterday.  Keep them in your prayers as well.

And was there a 5 page thread here or a bazillion posts on gpc when Elijah Alexander died?  I didn't even notice that had happened.   :opcat:?

RIP Elijah.  You were one of the very best players (and maybe the very best) that formed the foundation of this program when Snyder arrived.

And RIP Dylan.
the Alexander thread didn't make it 1 page, there was one though-
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=2708.0

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2010, 04:08:15 PM »
I'd rather fall off a cliff than die of heart failure....

man, i don't know what it's going to take for you to get over this idea that falling off a cliff is a great way to die.  it's not a good way to die.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Here is the cliff, or at least the main one in the area. 

“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

yoga-like_abana

Approximately 5,000 unborn U.S. citizens have now been killed since Dylan fell off the cliff yesterday.  Keep them in your prayers as well.

And was there a 5 page thread here or a bazillion posts on gpc when Elijah Alexander died?  I didn't even notice that had happened.   :opcat:?

RIP Elijah.  You were one of the very best players (and maybe the very best) that formed the foundation of this program when Snyder arrived.

And RIP Dylan.
the Alexander thread didn't make it 1 page, there was one though-
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=2708.0

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3447.0

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Last thing that went through his brain?  Prob like his tibia or fibula.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2010, 04:13:51 PM »
Do we really know that he "fell" and didn't "jump?"  Personally, it does not matter to me either way....but I have known of people who have claimed that loved ones had an accident rather than kill themselves.  It's obviously tragic and sad either way....just saying that before we go around saying that the guy was careless and fell he may have actually been very thoughtful about it, who knows?  

Sad deal either way.  Prayers to all involved, etc.

maybe he died in an autoerotic asphyxiation episode gone tragically wrong, and the family pulled his pants up and threw him off the cliff as a cover?  i wouldn't blame the family for that, even though it obviously cost the county a lot of time and money to get the body.  not my place to judge.

either that or he was maybe horsing around up on that rock?  anyone think he was horsing around?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Last thing that went through his brain?  Prob like his tibia or fibula.

The EMT's fingers?