Author Topic: Mizzou looking at Currie for AD  (Read 17935 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mizzou looking at Currie for AD
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2015, 09:30:25 PM »
Get angered up Beems.  It's what you do best.   :thumbsup:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2015, 09:31:04 PM »
YAY COOL STUFF!!!

that's the difference between a townie fan and an expat fan.  the townies play on the facilities when the athletes aren't around, so they care a great deal about building buildings and whatnot.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2015, 09:31:18 PM »
Fundraising would be dog hullabaloo if Ron Prince was running the show.  Snyder winning a bunch of games and kicking ass has made the fundraising possible.  Any AD with an IQ above room temperature could scrounge up enough money to build an $80 million stadium upgrade in this day and age of college athletics.  Like I said.... Coat tails.

sooooo......why hasn't KU done it if its so easy?

Because Gill and Weis were dog hullabaloo.  Can you even read, bro?   I literally  just said the reason the stadium was upgraded is because of Snyder kicking ass.   ADs don't just make it happen without on field success, unless maybe you're Iowa State.

Never take advice from a fan of a school that hires an AD who still bleeds the colors of their instate rival.

I'm not giving advice.  Just stating how it is.  Don't be such a butthurt turd.
LADIQ
Winning has less to do with fundraising then expectations.  K-State sold season tickets like mad when we hired Hugs before he coached a game.
Lew had a winning program in FB and did nothing, in fact failed miserably at his goals.  Zulu hasn't apparently tried that hard?  Don't care enough to research.

Point still stands solidly, your university a) doesn't care about being a national laughing stock or b) has a string of ADs who don't have an IQ above room temp

You are a fool.  Currie doesn't upgrade BSFS with Ron Prince losing to KU every year and going 5-7.  Period.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
Vanier got $12 million dollars worth of improvements while Ron Prince was the coach, and that was with Tim Weiser and Bob Krause running the show.

The Big Train

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »
i love it when beems gets in butthurt calling moods

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2015, 09:40:28 PM »

Mizzou hiring Currie would be a blessing for K-State.  The guy might be the most overrated AD in Big 12 history.   He ran off an incredibly popular and successful basketball coach only to hire oscar Rough Ridin' Weber.  The football program is in cruise control as long as Snyder is the coach, and all of the stadium upgrades are 100% due to Snyder's success.  Currie has been riding his coattails for years now and taking full credit for it, while simultaneously making Snyder's life miserable.   Oh, and plus, he refuses to release players from their scholarships and suspends athletes for so much as farting in public.  The Currie love is one of the more tuckish aspects of goEMAW, but hey, he's a convincing SOB.   Give him credit for that.
rich criticism coming from a fan of a school who employs sheahon zenger as their ad

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2015, 09:41:50 PM »
Fundraising's easy.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »
Vanier got $12 million dollars worth of improvements while Ron Prince was the coach, and that was with Tim Weiser and Bob Krause running the show.

Pffffffttttttttt..... You actually think that helps your argument?  That's the small-timiest upgrade in the history of Big 12 athletics.  They already replaced that facility this year.  Seriously, you would disagree with me if I said the Earth revolved around the Sun.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »
Fundraising's easy.

Well the previous crew was lazy, then.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2015, 09:42:56 PM »
I would take Lew Perkins and I'm 100% serious

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2015, 09:43:29 PM »
I love what Zenger has done at KU

The Big Train

« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2015, 09:43:58 PM »

Pffffffttttttttt..... You actually think that helps your argument?  That's the small-timiest upgrade in the history of Big 12 athletics.  They already replaced that facility this year.  Seriously, you would disagree with me if I said the Earth revolved around the Sun.

i believe this honor belongs to the ku track #RIP

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2015, 09:45:05 PM »

Mizzou hiring Currie would be a blessing for K-State.  The guy might be the most overrated AD in Big 12 history.   He ran off an incredibly popular and successful basketball coach only to hire oscar Rough Ridin' Weber.  The football program is in cruise control as long as Snyder is the coach, and all of the stadium upgrades are 100% due to Snyder's success.  Currie has been riding his coattails for years now and taking full credit for it, while simultaneously making Snyder's life miserable.   Oh, and plus, he refuses to release players from their scholarships and suspends athletes for so much as farting in public.  The Currie love is one of the more tuckish aspects of goEMAW, but hey, he's a convincing SOB.   Give him credit for that.
rich criticism coming from a fan of a school who employs sheahon zenger as their ad

Zulu has more national championships during his time at KU than K-State has in the entire history of its athletic department.  Dude has also reached record high athletic revenues and upgraded/built a crap ton of new facilities. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2015, 09:45:12 PM »
He failed to get us into a bcs at large bowl game in 2012 so there is that.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2015, 09:45:24 PM »
Hire Robert Hill of SFA.  Bio reads pretty good.  http://www.sfajacks.com/genrel/hill_robert00.html

Bring Brad with him. :love:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »

There were Big 12 Schools like ISU and ku who had no dedicated football complex, ku was over 20 years behind K-State in building one.  How many times does this have be said?   How can any fan of a school who went decades without a dedicated football complex (or dedicated outdoor track facility) call anything small time?   You just don't have a clue and never will.   We've all said it's time for Currie to move on, but he's raised money at unprecedented levels in K-State history, I know way more about how the money was raised at K-State than you could ever pretend to know.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »
Fundraising would be dog hullabaloo if Ron Prince was running the show.  Snyder winning a bunch of games and kicking ass has made the fundraising possible.  Any AD with an IQ above room temperature could scrounge up enough money to build an $80 million stadium upgrade in this day and age of college athletics.  Like I said.... Coat tails.

sooooo......why hasn't KU done it if its so easy?

Because Gill and Weis were dog hullabaloo.  Can you even read, bro?   I literally  just said the reason the stadium was upgraded is because of Snyder kicking ass.   ADs don't just make it happen without on field success, unless maybe you're Iowa State.

Never take advice from a fan of a school that hires an AD who still bleeds the colors of their instate rival.

I'm not giving advice.  Just stating how it is.  Don't be such a butthurt turd.
LADIQ
Winning has less to do with fundraising then expectations.  K-State sold season tickets like mad when we hired Hugs before he coached a game.
Lew had a winning program in FB and did nothing, in fact failed miserably at his goals.  Zulu hasn't apparently tried that hard?  Don't care enough to research.

Point still stands solidly, your university a) doesn't care about being a national laughing stock or b) has a string of ADs who don't have an IQ above room temp

You are a fool.  Currie doesn't upgrade BSFS with Ron Prince losing to KU every year and going 5-7.  Period.

Maybe you should try and read.
I didn't say winning didn't matter.  I said expectations were the bigger driver. People expected Ron Prince to fail and specifically to lose to the 3 nortards, which was unacceptable. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2015, 09:49:15 PM »

Zulu has more national championships during his time at KU than K-State has in the entire history of its athletic department.  Dude has also reached record high athletic revenues and upgraded/built a crap ton of new facilities.

He hired Charlie Weiss and David Beatty

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2015, 09:50:19 PM »

lulz, congrats on the new rug at memorial and your high school football coach

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2015, 09:50:24 PM »

and don't forget that he got the program investigated by the rough ridin' FBI.  The hubris of this dumbass.

edit: Beems you forgot to add the * of team titles.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2015, 09:51:14 PM »
De facto forfeited an NCAA tournament game for a receipt in a trash can.   Got us yelled at by Jay bilas.  mismatched the turf.  Fired frank, didn't hire brad.  No beer at football games.  tried to get rid of curtis kelly.  Ecokat.  It's really just been a long embarrassing tenure.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2015, 09:54:10 PM »
Cheyenne Zulu signed a lease on a sports complex miles off campus that was created because Bill Self, a developer and the City of Lawrence felt very philanthropic.   The original plans were for all of those facilities to be built on campus.    Cheyenne Zulu gets a little credit for raising enough money to build an apartment complex for basketball players . . . wow, that's tough at a place like ku, where the butthurt over Kentucky runs deep and long.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2015, 09:55:59 PM »

and don't forget that he got the program investigated by the rough ridin' FBI.  The hubris of this dumbass.

edit: Beems you forgot to add the * of team titles.

That was Lew Perkins dude.  And Beaty hasn't coached a game yet.  At least Zulu didn't run off Self and hire oscar rough ridin' Weber.   Taters gonna tate.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2015, 09:56:05 PM »
by the time zenger cuts his first check for a million dollars to pay for memorial renovation, the overrated AD in Manhattan will have already performed that same exercise 150 times.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »
De facto forfeited an NCAA tournament game for a receipt in a trash can.   Got us yelled at by Jay bilas.  mismatched the turf.  Fired frank, didn't hire brad.  No beer at football games.  tried to get rid of curtis kelly.  Ecokat.  It's really just been a long embarrassing tenure.

They have beer at football games