Author Topic: Mizzou looking at Currie for AD  (Read 17910 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Mizzou looking at Currie for AD
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »
Fundraising would be dog hullabaloo if Ron Prince was running the show.  Snyder winning a bunch of games and kicking ass has made the fundraising possible.  Any AD with an IQ above room temperature could scrounge up enough money to build an $80 million stadium upgrade in this day and age of college athletics (with a coach like Snyder running the program*).  Like I said.... Coattails. 

*edited for the ednksu's of the world
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:03:31 PM by OregonSmock »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2015, 08:49:47 PM »
Also, could someone explain why they expect the guy who hired oscar to get the football hire right? 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2015, 08:51:41 PM »
Fundraising would be dog hullabaloo if Ron Prince was running the show.  Snyder winning a bunch of games and kicking ass has made the fundraising possible.  Any AD with an IQ above room temperature could scrounge up enough money to build an $80 million stadium upgrade in this day and age of college athletics.  Like I said.... Coat tails.

sooooo......why hasn't KU done it if its so easy? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »
Fundraising would be dog hullabaloo if Ron Prince was running the show.  Snyder winning a bunch of games and kicking ass has made the fundraising possible.  Any AD with an IQ above room temperature could scrounge up enough money to build an $80 million stadium upgrade in this day and age of college athletics.  Like I said.... Coat tails.

Because they're terrible at football. Beems is spot on IMO

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2015, 08:52:55 PM »
Also, could someone explain why they expect the guy who hired oscar to get the football hire right?

That's most people's biggest criticism of Currie. They just don't want Sean and Currie wouldn't let that happen. These people forget that The Animal won't either.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »

Some people, although they want oscar gone now, don't fully grasp how incompetent you'd have to be to make that hire in the first place.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »

Fans don't care there

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »
 This thread needs more CaptainCrap
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »
Never take advice from a fan of a school that hires an AD who still bleeds the colors of their instate rival.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2015, 09:06:29 PM »
Also, I don't want Zulu. Anyone who hires David Beaty is unqualified.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2015, 09:08:04 PM »
yeah beems is looking at quite a paradox.  either he agrees his university doesn't give a eff about football/facilities or most importantly making sure his university isn't a national laughing stock

or

its run by a series of the most incompetent or negligent admin (or insidery insurgents) 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2015, 09:10:19 PM »
All the Currie hate is kinda weird imo

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2015, 09:10:54 PM »
Should have just hired Brad tho. I mean maybe he couldn't have, idk

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2015, 09:15:44 PM »
Also, I don't want Zulu. Anyone who hires David Beaty is unqualified.

Excellent point. That hire alone should eliminate him from consideration, IMO.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2015, 09:17:49 PM »
Zenger:

Pros
Loves kstate
Would work for free at kstate

Cons
Sucks at hiring coaches and building cool stuff

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »
No way on Zulu.  You thought we had financial fun and games under Weiser and company, imagine an AD who doesn't care if their audited ANNUAL financial reports uses 18 plus months worth of fundraising data and then doesn't say a word about it anywhere in the report?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2015, 09:18:56 PM »

Because Gill and Weis were dog hullabaloo.  Can you even read, bro?   I literally  just said the reason the stadium was upgraded is because of Snyder kicking ass.   ADs don't just make it happen without on field success, unless maybe you're Iowa State.

Never take advice from a fan of a school that hires an AD who still bleeds the colors of their instate rival.

I'm not giving advice.  Just stating how it is.  Don't be such a butthurt turd.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »
Zenger:

Pros
Loves kstate
Would work for free at kstate

Cons
Sucks at hiring coaches and building cool stuff

or hes amazing!  :horrorsurprise:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2015, 09:20:18 PM »
YAY FUNDRAISING!!!

Cool stuff takes money, chum

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2015, 09:22:04 PM »

Because Gill and Weis were dog hullabaloo.  Can you even read, bro?   I literally  just said the reason the stadium was upgraded is because of Snyder kicking ass.   ADs don't just make it happen without on field success, unless maybe you're Iowa State.

Lew Perkins got enough money raised, and enough loans and bonds to build the AFC before Mark Mangino had done anything but make a couple of minor bowl games and finish a smidge above .500 a couple of times.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2015, 09:23:45 PM »
No way on Zulu.  You thought we had financial fun and games under Weiser and company, imagine an AD who doesn't care if their audited ANNUAL financial reports uses 18 plus months worth of fundraising data and then doesn't say a word about it anywhere in the report?

KU's athletic budget is at an all time high, and last time I checked, Zulu didn't run off our incredibly popular and successful basketball coach.   He hasn't been great, but he's better than Currie.  Some of you guys just can't agree with anyone who isn't part of the K-State cult.  I will kindly bow out of this thread now and let the butthurt tucks rationalize why Currie is great and why KU sucks.  Enjoy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »

KU's athletic budget is at an all time high, and last time I checked, Zulu didn't run off our incredibly popular and successful basketball coach.   He hasn't been great, but he's better than Currie.  Some of you guys just can't agree with anyone who isn't part of the K-State cult.  I will kindly bow out of this thread now and let the butthurt tucks rationalize why Currie is great and why KU sucks.  Enjoy.

LOL, I've already said it's time for Currie to move on.

You get butthurt so easily.  But no one should trust ku's books.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2015, 09:25:58 PM »
YAY FUNDRAISING!!!

Cool stuff takes money, chum

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

YAY COOL STUFF!!!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2015, 09:29:04 PM »

LADIQ
Winning has less to do with fundraising then expectations.  K-State sold season tickets like mad when we hired Hugs before he coached a game.
Lew had a winning program in FB and did nothing, in fact failed miserably at his goals.  Zulu hasn't apparently tried that hard?  Don't care enough to research.

Point still stands solidly, your university a) doesn't care about being a national laughing stock or b) has a string of ADs who don't have an IQ above room temp

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2015, 09:29:29 PM »

Lew Perkins got enough money raised, and enough loans and bonds to build the AFC before Mark Mangino had done anything but make a couple of minor bowl games and finish a smidge above .500 a couple of times.

That was an improvement for KU standards.  There was on field success and momentum with the program.  But whatever, be a defensive, butthurt douche.  It's who you are.