Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4073709 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #4700 on: June 14, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »
If this shakes out well... CELEBRATE!

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: June 14, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »
Let's be honest.  All this conference talk was just an elaborate scheme to get those whiny biotch Huskers out of here. 

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: June 14, 2010, 02:34:39 PM »
The Big 12(10) should somehow force NU to have to write a physical check instead of just losing revenue
Would be awesome, and the board could have a pay-site to see a pic of Tom Osborne signing the check.

Nebraska would probably back up dump trucks full of pennies and dump them at Big XII headq.  Just to be dicks like that.
OT: Mom did that to blockbuster video to pay a late fee that she thought we didn't deserve.  About 400 pennies in a ziploc bag dropped in the night deposit box.

I used to do that for parking at the stadium. :peek:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: June 14, 2010, 02:34:51 PM »
Dave_Matter    Nothing of any substance from folks I trust. RT @bendeclue: @Dave_Matter what are you hearing on the Mizzou/aTm SEC rumors?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: June 14, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »
If this shakes out well... CELEBRATE!

Please put little Armadillos running around around at the bottom with the 9 school jerseys on them.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: June 14, 2010, 02:35:13 PM »
If the conference formerly known as the Big 12 holds, an awful lot of people will owe an apology to this guy as well:

Someone in the conference office still needs to be fired if the league stays together. Because 2 teams were still driven off/let go.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: June 14, 2010, 02:35:34 PM »
WhitlockJason    I've been involved n stitching some clown suits n my day, but Chip Brown's handy work is looking like the best I've seen. It's a bloodbath

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: June 14, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »
If the conference formerly known as the Big 12 holds, an awful lot of people will owe an apology to this guy as well:

Someone in the conference office still needs to be fired if the league stays together. Because 2 teams were still driven off/let go.

Someone lost 8-10% of the conferences worth.

Offline cooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: June 14, 2010, 02:36:56 PM »
WhitlockJason    I've been involved n stitching some clown suits n my day, but Chip Brown's handy work is looking like the best I've seen. It's a bloodbath

damn

Offline RU4KSU2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: June 14, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »
I still can't believe anyone could think K-State could be better off in any realistic situation not aligned with Texas.  Unbelievable really.

I will love being in the Big TeXas Conference.

Warm up the tshirt website mother frackers!

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4710 on: June 14, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »
If the conference formerly known as the Big 12 holds, an awful lot of people will owe and apology to this guy as well:

Why? Because a tv network contacted him with a deal that held together the conference?

I don't see how you can blame Beebe for the loss of Colorado and Nebraska.  There are a whole host of reasons for why those schools jumped ship.  Beebe just put together a great plan to keep the rest of the conference together in a relatively short period of time.  As fast as things were moving last week, I give Beebe a lot of credit for working his ass off and getting the job done.  When all is said and done, the new Big 12 might be better than ever. 

What part of "he should have been doing this crap 4 years ago" didn't get through?

A ten team conference is more profitable at the end of the day.

Which is why every conference has been trying to expand??

It's HOW you expand.  We (Big 12) are better off now.  FACT.

Yes, we are better off than we were two weeks ago.  You can't say we are better off if Beebe had done this 4 years ago.  The fact is that Beebe is reactive instead of being proactive.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: June 14, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »
The Big 12(10) should somehow force NU to have to write a physical check instead of just losing revenue
Would be awesome, and the board could have a pay-site to see a pic of Tom Osborne signing the check.

Nebraska would probably back up dump trucks full of pennies and dump them at Big XII headq.  Just to be dicks like that.

Jokes on them, Texas would pay us poor schools to scour them for valuable wheat heads  :love:

I'd volunteer to pick up all the pennies if I could wear ksu gear and laugh the entire time I do it.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: June 14, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »
WhitlockJason    I've been involved n stitching some clown suits n my day, but Chip Brown's handy work is looking like the best I've seen. It's a bloodbath

QFT 

RickDaris hit a home run, THANKS RICK!  :thumbsup:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: June 14, 2010, 02:39:04 PM »
If the conference formerly known as the Big 12 holds, an awful lot of people will owe and apology to this guy as well:

Why? Because a tv network contacted him with a deal that held together the conference?

I don't see how you can blame Beebe for the loss of Colorado and Nebraska.  There are a whole host of reasons for why those schools jumped ship.  Beebe just put together a great plan to keep the rest of the conference together in a relatively short period of time.  As fast as things were moving last week, I give Beebe a lot of credit for working his ass off and getting the job done.  When all is said and done, the new Big 12 might be better than ever. 

What part of "he should have been doing this crap 4 years ago" didn't get through?

A ten team conference is more profitable at the end of the day.

Yep.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: June 14, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »
Let's be honest.  All this conference talk was just an elaborate scheme to get those whiny biotch Huskers out of here. 

Dude, do you have access to our Admin board?  We just got some info on this exact topic.  We'll have more later on this.  A++++

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: June 14, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
ChipBrownOB    Got bumped off College Football Live today because the producer said, "Joe Schad is now reporting what you're reporting." (I love Joe BTW.)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: June 14, 2010, 02:41:05 PM »
Alright what is Whitlock saying . . .  :dunno:  

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: June 14, 2010, 02:41:20 PM »
ChipBrownOB    Got bumped off College Football Live today because the producer said, "Joe Schad is now reporting what you're reporting." (I love Joe BTW.)

Haters.  

OB.com are great guys, and gals.  

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: June 14, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »
relax and have a cool one chip. this one is on your buddy cas.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: June 14, 2010, 02:41:59 PM »

That Schad and Chip Brown reported exact opposite stories at the same time and Brown ended up being right and Schad looks like a fool :dunno:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:11 PM »

Dude, do you have access to our Admin board?  We just got some info on this exact topic.  We'll have more later on this.  A++++

Super secret PM circle??
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »
Klinker and Kitchen have been commisserating--clearly Danny lusted for the academically superior Pac 10.  

Which do you think KC media would prefer — a scenario where KU and KSU are in the same league, or a scenario where KU is in a "better" league than KSU? They already treat KU better,  the second scenario would only legitimize that attitude. Any wonder then that Petro and Clinkscale are not in favor of the Big Tenwelve??

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:37 PM »

meh.  much better conference w/o them.  wouldn't expect a scouser to understand.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4723 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »

FATALITY!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: June 14, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »

He's a fan of John Wayne Gacy?