Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4166322 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #4150 on: June 14, 2010, 12:33:29 AM »
would agree to swap out the pregame national anthem for texas fight, pending ut saving us.

OMFG, can you imagine the irate response to this post that would be generated by all the herda hadda herda haddas who post over on GPC and KStatefans?  Would be amazing. 

Hey goEMAWers.  You should know that I just drove 8 hours in my ride alone from Scat 'N' Splooge to Chattanoog to visit my G'ma.  It was fracking agony knowing that I was missing like 12 pages of 'teve 'ave retweets and fatty fat fat renouncing and whatnot.  Luckily, my Grandma is within a wireless signal of her nextdoor neighbor.

Good to be back, bros!   :cheers:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

WHAT?

« Reply #4151 on: June 14, 2010, 12:39:41 AM »
On full scholarship
Post #1352
Enid, OK
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Just posted the lates on my facebook page....   Reply
I have a friend who is connected in the KC media who responded by telling me...

"Arkansas...and another big surprise addition..."

Hmmm...the plot thickens....

I gotta go to bed!

Supposedly it's LSU.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: June 14, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
On full scholarship
Post #1352
Enid, OK
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

I gotta go to bed!

Supposedly it's LSU.

JFC.  If that were true, would they be kicking us and Baylr out?
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline ToupeeFearsTheBeard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46:40 AM »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: June 14, 2010, 12:53:26 AM »
if beebe costs us the big east, he better have a good body double.

:lol:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4155 on: June 14, 2010, 01:14:51 AM »
On full scholarship
Post #1352
Enid, OK
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

I gotta go to bed!

Supposedly it's LSU.

eff.  There goes that dream.

No way LSU ever travels to Ames, Iowa to play a football game.  Not in a million years.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: June 14, 2010, 01:16:22 AM »
On full scholarship
Post #1352
Enid, OK
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

I gotta go to bed!

Supposedly it's LSU.

shazbot!.  There goes that dream.

No way LSU ever travels to Ames, Iowa to play a football game.  Not in a million years.
Arkansas and Arizona/Ariz St??

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4157 on: June 14, 2010, 01:25:01 AM »
On full scholarship
Post #1352
Enid, OK
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

I gotta go to bed!

Supposedly it's LSU.

shazbot!.  There goes that dream.

No way LSU ever travels to Ames, Iowa to play a football game.  Not in a million years.

"Oh no you didn't!"

Please, Please, Please stay OU... Please........  :crossfingers:  :crossfingers:  :crossfingers:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: June 14, 2010, 01:29:22 AM »
Only one I could think of would be ARK and UNM.  Both would be south schools move OU OSU to north and call it a day.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: June 14, 2010, 01:32:38 AM »
Only one I could think of would be ARK and UNM.  Both would be south schools move OU OSU to north and call it a day.

You keep saying this thing about New Mexico.  Hey, Big 12, why don't you add Colorado State?  Wyoming is a flagship school that would fit right in too.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: June 14, 2010, 01:33:07 AM »

Hey goEMAWers.  You should know that I just drove 8 hours in my ride alone from Scat 'N' Splooge to Chattanoog to visit my G'ma.  It was fracking agony knowing that I was missing like 12 pages of 'teve 'ave retweets and fatty fat fat renouncing and whatnot.  Luckily, my Grandma is within a wireless signal of her nextdoor neighbor.

Good to be back, bros!   :cheers:

shazbot! me.  shazbot! ME.  Seriously.  I originally posted the quoted excerpt before reading the latest developments.  Those developments have now flung me into the depths of despair that I don't think I've felt in sports life or real life since 1998.  I was all hopeful before I made my drive, thinking that the new Big XII Lite TV deal was gonna save us.  Then I read that Schultz was at OLIVE M-Fing GARDEN and watching RON PRINCE OF F***ING PERSIA.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME, DUDE?  That's really what you're doing while aTm is busy accepting SEC deals and while the Pac-10 plane gets set to fly 45 minutes east of Lawrence?  

I now feel like Jennay when she took LSD at that party in the 70s and was on the edge of a rooftop deciding whether or not to "see if she could fly."  Only difference is I'm prolly gonna go through with it here in a few.  It's been nice knowing you, athletic relevance.

Colorado Fracking State.  We're gonna be them.  (What are we gonna call the rivalry?)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:58:01 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: June 14, 2010, 01:34:45 AM »

STOP SAYING UNM!  NOBODY REALLY WANTS THEM EXCEPT AS A "HEY, THE MWC WOULD NOT BE ALL BAD" CONSOLATION PRIZE.

Question: did you happen to go to Manhattan High and graduate in '01?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: June 14, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »

STOP SAYING UNM!  NOBODY REALLY WANTS THEM EXCEPT AS A "HEY, THE MWC WOULD NOT BE ALL BAD" CONSOLATION PRIZE.

Question: did you happen to go to Manhattan High and graduate in '01?

Pretty sure it was Schultz at the OG getting his breadstick on.  Not sure where Currie was this weekend. Fitz was moving piles of dog crap around in his back yard, Fritch was hiding in a shack on Council Grove lake, Cassidy is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and Dan Beebe is in his basement masterbating to redtube. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: June 14, 2010, 01:58:18 AM »
Pretty sure it was Schultz at the OG getting his breadstick on.

True.  Fixed.

:flush:  <---This applies both to my misnomer and our athletic future.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:13:21 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: June 14, 2010, 02:27:59 AM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: June 14, 2010, 02:37:32 AM »
GOD.  Look at ALL the MWC stadiums.

We can't go there.  We can't.  Only dece. stadium is BYU's.  Nothing else would feel even remotely big time.  I'll be sitting there on one of the so-called "elite" roadies we have to look forward to, and I'll be thinking about when I sat in The Zone two rows from the top at aTm with CoorsRinkin and RumorMill.  I'll be thinking about sitting in the end zone of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln as Darren dragged that guy into the end zone.  I'll be thinking about Texas' Godzillatron as I squint to see the vidscreen at Wyoming, which is essentially no better than the 13" black and white TV my Grandpa gave us to put in our kitchen so my mom could watch Murphy Brown during dinner.

I mean Christ, at least the Big East has the Carrier Dome.  That's.....SOMETHING.

:flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: June 14, 2010, 03:10:45 AM »
Sources tell us that Big 12 schools thinking about Pac10 must wait until after Wed. legislative hearing. Pac10 issues Friday deadline.

This is huge.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: June 14, 2010, 03:23:25 AM »
Yeah, but how firm is their Friday deadline?  I mean if this thing gets drawn out by the Texas legislators, I'm pretty sure the Pac-10 will wait.

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: June 14, 2010, 05:07:33 AM »
Yeah, but how firm is their Friday deadline?  I mean if this thing gets drawn out by the Texas legislators, I'm pretty sure the Pac-10 will wait.

The Pac-10 deadline is only important as it relates to the Wednesday hearing.  It doesn't matter when the Pac-10 deadline is, as long as it is after Wednesday. 

1- What is the preferred outcome of the legislature?  Probably keeping the Big 12 together.  Right now, Texas (the Republic of) has a conference of its own, in its own state, with headquarters in Dallas.  What do you expect the legislature to say?  "Yeah, uh, even though you guys have been saying you want to keep the conference together, we don't agree.  We should just break up this conference that is really, really good for Texas (the Republic of) and you should all go your separate ways."  No. 

2- The longer this gets drawn out, the better it looks for keeping the conference together.  Still only looking at about 20%-30% chance right now though. 

3- We have been hearing from the South schools that they "prefer to keep the conference together."  The legislature may not have any official authority over that, but they are in a great position to apply political pressure.  If the choice is anywhere close to 50/50, it may swing the schools toward staying. 

4- It's funny how college football is the one issue where the federal government doesn't give a sh$t, but the Texas legislature is more than happy to jump in. 

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4169 on: June 14, 2010, 06:31:53 AM »
eff this. I'm going to watch the World Cup. Holland vs. Denmark :gocho:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: June 14, 2010, 07:20:32 AM »
Warm up your steve dave quoting machine, motherfrackers.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: June 14, 2010, 07:24:24 AM »
:nervous:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4172 on: June 14, 2010, 07:26:14 AM »
What's the best way to spend your day? World Cup on Univision en HD.

KSU should consider putting all of their games exclusively on Univision after the move to the MWC. Univision announcers >>>>>>>>>>> any garbage ESPN or FSN has to offer

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: June 14, 2010, 07:39:49 AM »
@darrenrovell1 If I'm UF & Alabama, I'm calling Mike Slive today to tell him it's not worth conference $ to add A&M. Doesn't make sense.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: June 14, 2010, 07:40:24 AM »
cbsdollarbill    Credit @berrytramel for this one -Bottom line: Aggies would rather lose to LSU, Bama, Arkansas & Auburn than UT, OU, Tech, & OSU