Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4068630 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Orangebloods.com Article...
« Reply #1050 on: June 05, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »
Moo has always been the willing waiting whore for the Big 10 . . . they've been face down ass up for the Big 10 for 30 years.

And that's why it was stupid for Beebe to go into these meetings talking about having a goal of solidarity.

Missouri will sit outside of Delany's office with a freaking boombox over their head like John Cusack in "Say Anything".

Yep . . . Beebe should have just walked around the table with a baseball bat talking about teamwork, but he's a pussy.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 05, 2010, 10:09:04 PM »
Moo has always been the willing waiting whore for the Big 10 . . . they've been face down ass up for the Big 10 for 30 years.

And that's why it was stupid for Beebe to go into these meetings talking about having a goal of solidarity.

Missouri will sit outside of Delany's office with a freaking boombox over their head like John Cusack in "Say Anything".

Yep . . . Beebe should have just walked around the table with a baseball bat talking about teamwork, but he's a pussy.

Beebe is a rough ridin' girl. he has no balls and if he did all this Texas and SouTards to the Pac would be squashed

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
goEMAW should've sent a delegate to the meetings to make the Frank/Colon-vagina gesture* to Beebe.

This could also be posted in the "things I do consistently that only other EMAWs understand" thread.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 05, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »

JFC that is a great quote. :cheers:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 05, 2010, 10:25:22 PM »
does anyone have BB's email?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 05, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »
does anyone have BB's email?

I think you can find him on facebook.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 05, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »
goEMAW should've sent a delegate to the meetings to make the Frank/Colon-vagina gesture* to Beebe.

This could also be posted in the "things I do consistently that only other EMAWs understand" thread.
let me tell you something. i was heading to LC's BBQ to grab some burnt ends and fries for dinner on Wednesday night and stared at the Intercontinental as I sat at the stop light outside of the hotel. the news reporters were all outside and i thought of the clowns inside.  true story.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 05, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »
also- thought about going down to Capital on Thursday night for dinner.  i'm sure those guys went there (know for a fact that Deloss/UT loves the place).  didn't go.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: nebraska
« Reply #1058 on: June 05, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »
FYI, the Big 8 did not expand to the Big 12.  The Big 8 ended and the Big 12 formed anew with the former Big 8 schools and 4 from the former SWC.  There could not be any "unfair" changing of rules since the rules became defunct.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 05, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »
Actually Tejas did start this by unfairly changing the rules of the big 8 and by not sharing revenue equally. The Big 8 members took in the pathetic SWC where Tejas was a very minor player in CFB. The old Big 8 members were tired of being beaten yearly by OU & NU and thought that adding the SWC would be like a big FU to the league bullies.
The only dissenting vote for Big 12 expansion was Osborne. He stated that in years to come everything would start to have a Tejas flavor and that Tejas would hold all the cards. BINGO we have a winner. The Big 10 is the countries leader in research, every team in the Big 10 is AAU accredited. Sure, it's about football money but it's also about the grants and billions in research monies that  brings as well.
Nu is a big research university and the prestige (academically) associated with the Big 10 would be great. Only the SEC is lower than the Big 12 academically. Nu would do just fine football wise in the Big 10. Posters here are right by saying that the path to championships would be easier in the Big 12.....But who want's the easy road :gocho:

Uhhhh....Nebraska was and is a part of the voting block that is AGAINST equal revenue sharing with Oklahoma, Texas, and A&M.

I think it's hilarious that Nebraska fans have started this asinine talking point that they're for revenue sharing and Texas is a villain.  Nebraska is worse because they're acting like they were for revenue sharing since the beginning, and that's absolutely untrue.

It takes nine votes to change policy in this conference.  Do you know why it's nine?  Because there's a four team voting block consisting of NU, UT, A&M, and OU.  If they don't want it, it doesn't happen.  And they didn't want revenue sharing.
Nebraska still doesn't want it.  If they did, things would change.  Now, things better not change because UT would get mad and we all are their bitch but I'm just saying.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 05, 2010, 10:34:03 PM »
'clams, it would've taken an additional delegate besides you becasue you'd have had your hands full ICEing everyone and been in no position to give the sign of the vagina to Beebe.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #1061 on: June 05, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »
Tardville pretty butt hurt about potentially being tied to K-State.

Def. the most entertaining part about phog sports talk right now.  They simply cannot come to grips with the fact that KU isn't that attractive an option for conferences looking to expand. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline k-statriot28

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 05, 2010, 11:24:56 PM »
how do we make them stay? currently accepting ideas.

http://newsok.com/article/3466077

e-mail nebraska's AD and chancellor!  :users: hey, its worth a try..... :crossfingers:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 05, 2010, 11:57:16 PM »

Def. the most entertaining part about phog sports talk right now.  They simply cannot come to grips with the fact that KU isn't that attractive an option for conferences looking to expand. 

If I hear any one of them refer to themselves as a "basketball blueblood" again, I am going to just flip the shazbot! out.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: June 06, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »
_33 why'd u take the video off of the youtube??

royalswild

« Reply #1066 on: June 06, 2010, 12:37:34 AM »
crap, guys. :frown:

After all the crap howls, this is the aftermath. 

Offline Iceberg

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 06, 2010, 12:39:59 AM »
I love how there are so many crazy, unpredictable factors coming into play.  WTF is sticking up for Baylor?

It's brillant really. Texas basically got their Senators from Austin to to say "all in or no deal" to the Pac-10. They did this, not because they won't to move as a group, but because they know that no one wants Baylor. If it is being done by politicans, look for the backhanded politics in play.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 06, 2010, 12:42:59 AM »

They are.  It doesn't really matter too much but they are.
If I hear any one of them refer to themselves as a "basketball blueblood" again, I am going to just flip the shazbot! out.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 06, 2010, 01:20:40 AM »
COME ON DELOSS!!  DO IT FOR YOUR MOTHERLAND! (Love that guy)

The42Yardstick

« Reply #1070 on: June 06, 2010, 01:36:05 AM »
they've been face down ass up for the Big 10 for 30 years.

gold

The42Yardstick

« Reply #1071 on: June 06, 2010, 01:38:01 AM »
I'm not sure if the legislators sticking up for Baylor are blowing smoke or not. BU doesn't have the "big-name" clout in the legislature that A&M, UT, or even Tech does. Maybe they have numbers? I'm gonna have to start making some calls...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:41:03 AM by The42Yardstick »

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 06, 2010, 02:22:07 AM »
They can deny it all they want, but they aren't going anywhere without us.

Would Superman (KSU) have a rough ridin' TV show without Lex Luthor (KU)?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 06, 2010, 06:52:37 AM »
Actually Tejas did start this by unfairly changing the rules of the big 8 and by not sharing revenue equally. The Big 8 members took in the pathetic SWC where Tejas was a very minor player in CFB. The old Big 8 members were tired of being beaten yearly by OU & NU and thought that adding the SWC would be like a big FU to the league bullies.
The only dissenting vote for Big 12 expansion was Osborne. He stated that in years to come everything would start to have a Tejas flavor and that Tejas would hold all the cards. BINGO we have a winner. The Big 10 is the countries leader in research, every team in the Big 10 is AAU accredited. Sure, it's about football money but it's also about the grants and billions in research monies that  brings as well.
Nu is a big research university and the prestige (academically) associated with the Big 10 would be great. Only the SEC is lower than the Big 12 academically. Nu would do just fine football wise in the Big 10. Posters here are right by saying that the path to championships would be easier in the Big 12.....But who want's the easy road :gocho:

This fantasy is squarely contradicted here.  http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/05/1995770/big-12-problems-trace-to-leagues.html

Yes, NU, that FINE, FINE academic institution focused on athlete-scholars, blah blah blah.  We've heard it all before, but you and I both know that NU would put players on the field with an IQ of 70 if it helped them win games.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
According to ESPN SportCenter
« Reply #1074 on: June 06, 2010, 09:32:40 AM »
Mizzou and Nub have till Friday to commit to the Big XII  :runaway: