Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4070433 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #23150 on: November 29, 2012, 10:51:42 PM »
Tell me, how many KU home games in football to you envision NOT being on the Big 10 network?????  They rough ridin' suck.

well, all of their home ones, to start. Because the Big 10 won't own the rights to broadcast them.

Can't broadcast them, or have to relinquish revenue from them?

I have NEVER read a thing suggesting that it's more than merely monetary.

Haven't read the docs themselves -- are they public? -- but I've seen it described as a grant of all the school's media rights "including revenue" to the conference.  That language implies it's money PLUS.  That means the conference's damages couldn't be strictly monetized and the Big 12 should be able to get an injunction against any other conference broadcasting the school's (KU's) games.  Football, basketball, whathaveyou.

That's my dime legal advice at least.

That would be very effective, then. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23151 on: November 29, 2012, 10:52:02 PM »
is pete mumped in the head?

You might be the worst poster that we have ever had on this site.

why are you so mad about ku leaving?
because it would suck for k-state and ku to be in different conferences.  i would miss them. it's antithetical to what college sports are supposed to be about.

there are other reasons, but none are as important as the above one.  period.  end of story.

I wouldn't really care

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23152 on: November 29, 2012, 10:53:28 PM »
Tell me, how many KU home games in football to you envision NOT being on the Big 10 network?????  They rough ridin' suck.

well, all of their home ones, to start. Because the Big 10 won't own the rights to broadcast them.

Are you suggesting an ad revenue bump from KU vs Minnesota on the Big 10 Network?  You think a KU game against Minnesota would draw better ratings than any other game on the network now?

The larger issue is why the hell are we discussing this?  Has anyone with credibility reported that the Big 10 is even interested?  Pete did you get this rattled about Larry Scott's jet?  KU makes no sense for the Big 10.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #23153 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »
lol @ all of this
emaw

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23154 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »
Similarities between Fred Phelps and kim carnes: They troll the hell out of everyone. No one ever learns, responds with emotional reactions, and they love ever second of it.

Differences between Fred Phelps and kim carnes: I hate seeing Fred Phelps picket anything and it makes me sick. I love every post of kim carnes' and every Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s post who is still responding to him.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23155 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
I also want to say how incredible this would be if this was a troll job by the phog. I know it would never happen, but it doesn't stop me from thinking about how amazing it would be if it was.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23156 on: November 29, 2012, 10:56:19 PM »
Similarities between Fred Phelps and kim carnes: They troll the hell out of everyone. No one ever learns, responds with emotional reactions, and they love ever second of it.

Differences between Fred Phelps and kim carnes: I hate seeing Fred Phelps picket anything and it makes me sick. I love every post of kim carnes' and every Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s post who is still responding to him.

that's 3 similarities and 1 difference

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23157 on: November 29, 2012, 10:57:49 PM »

that's 3 similarities and 1 difference

Sorry. Should have said "similarities" and "difference".

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23158 on: November 29, 2012, 10:57:56 PM »
I wouldn't really care
yes you do.  you're just saying you wouldn't care because that's what dumbass fans always say when their rival thinks about going to a different conference. 

pro-tip: Texas/KU fans didn't actually not care that A&M/Missouri left the conference

i don't think KU would leave, if for no other reason, because i don't think the KU leadership would do that to k-state.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23159 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »
I also want to say how incredible this would be if this was a troll job by the phog. I know it would never happen, but it doesn't stop me from thinking about how amazing it would be if it was.

the phog is laughing at us.  and its pete's fault.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23160 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:38 PM »
OR PETE'S A MOLE!!! :runaway:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23161 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
KU to the big 10 would significantly strengthen the Big 12 and weaken the big 10.  Conferences are about football. KU is not about football.

If KU wants to leave, the Big 12 would probably waive their GOR and wish them well. Then we would add Florida State.

As a KSU fan I don't want to lose them as a rival, but I don't think anyone else in the conference would be sad to see them go.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23162 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:52 PM »

Well, if that's the case then both KC radio stations have had each of their shows trolled for the last two days, including the columnist from the Lawrence Journal World.

Having said that, Mizzou also thought they were going to get an invite to the Big 10.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23163 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »

Are you suggesting an ad revenue bump from KU vs Minnesota on the Big 10 Network?  You think a KU game against Minnesota would draw better ratings than any other game on the network now?

The larger issue is why the hell are we discussing this?  Has anyone with credibility reported that the Big 10 is even interested?  Pete did you get this rattled about Larry Scott's jet?  KU makes no sense for the Big 10.

yeah exactly. I think one random Nebraska writer and some KU dweeb in twitter have mentioned it. the big 10 wants TV sets and KU doesn't have them.
emaw

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23164 on: November 29, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »

Oh, I wasn't criticizing, I was just harkening back to a previous thread I enjoyed.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23165 on: November 29, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »

Oh, I wasn't criticizing, I was just harkening back to a previous thread I enjoyed.

:thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23166 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »
  Also you really don't mean that football attendance part do you?  People that don't care about football at their school won't start caring because they play new teams.  That's been proven multiple times.

No, it's been the opposite.  Teams heading into new conferences have sold loads more football tickets. Missouri set records this year.

You ignored the most important part, in addition to using one school, who didn't get a large attendance bump, as your example.

Colorado, TCU, Boston College, and Miami were schools who had attendance issues and moved conferences only to see the attendance issues continue.  The issues for these schools in addition to KU is they don't have the fanbase to pay an increased ticket price for Indiana as opposed to free tickets for Baylor.  MU had enough casual fans to project an initial bump in attendance, and as i said they didn't have previous attendance issues.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23167 on: November 29, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »
tonight was cray.  pete went absolutely ballistic

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23168 on: November 29, 2012, 11:07:38 PM »

Making up Lawrence World Journal articles and things that KC radio people were talking about? Never thought I'd see Pete stoop so low for the sake of the Squawks. Sad really.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23169 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:15 PM »

then Jakesie called you fred phelps, and me a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) for responding to your posts.  cray cray for sure. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23170 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:28 PM »

Making up Lawrence World Journal articles and things that KC radio people were talking about? Never thought I'd see Pete stoop so low for the sake of the Squawks. Sad really.

Article?  You didn't listen to Keagan on KK's show then, I guess.  OK, that's cool.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23171 on: November 29, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »
I wouldn't really care
yes you do.  you're just saying you wouldn't care because that's what dumbass fans always say when their rival thinks about going to a different conference. 

pro-tip: Texas/KU fans didn't actually not care that A&M/Missouri left the conference

i don't think KU would leave, if for no other reason, because i don't think the KU leadership would do that to k-state.

I wouldn't care and I'm certainly no dumbass.  I viewed Nebraska as much more of a rival than KU.  I've been a K-State fan since 1994 and we've lost to KU 4 times in that span.  Believe me I'm doing great as a KSU football fan without Nebraska.  You always make more rivalaries.  Alabama's fight song doesn't mention Auburn or Tennessee but does mention Georgia Tech.  I'm guessing they are doing fine not sending those yellow jackets to a watery grave.

Dumb post dlew :nono:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23172 on: November 29, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
i think it sucks we don't play nebraska anymore and i miss them. 

:dunno:

i think it's bullshit that fans like us are having to trade an easy trip against a familiar rival for a pain in the ass trip halfway across the country to play some weirdos in morgantown, west virginia.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23173 on: November 29, 2012, 11:14:41 PM »
seems like a nice ploy by Pete to add a few pages to his thread here. this is literally being discussed two places, here and the phog. they aren't leaving.
emaw

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23174 on: November 29, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »
You didn't listen to Keagan on KK's show then, I guess.  OK, that's cool.

Well, this thread is almost 1000 pages of "OMG WE'RE mumped" and we have yet to get mumped, so you'll just have to pardon us if it takes more than a little trolltastic TALK RADIO to get all worked up.