Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4067395 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #250 on: May 02, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »
In the current
This is highly idiotic and needs to stop.

If and when the Big XII effectively dissolves in the next few months and KU will be courted to join another expanding BCS conference, what in honesty is stopping them?  A lawsuit?  Some really mean threats about losing some state funding that already is basically non-existant?

This notion that the board of regents is obligated to keep us joined at the hip for all of eternity is about the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

Time to check the denial and face the music.  This aint a package deal.  And whatever KU decides to do in the next few months has no bearing whatsoever on us.

Rant over.

What the hell is anyone saying about KU? 

no kidding.  since when did any major conf expand or realign based on basketball??

Piece of crap mid majors do it.   :users:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2010, 01:08:28 AM »
In the current
This is highly idiotic and needs to stop.

If and when the Big XII effectively dissolves in the next few months and KU will be courted to join another expanding BCS conference, what in honesty is stopping them?  A lawsuit?  Some really mean threats about losing some state funding that already is basically non-existant?

This notion that the board of regents is obligated to keep us joined at the hip for all of eternity is about the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

Time to check the denial and face the music.  This aint a package deal.  And whatever KU decides to do in the next few months has no bearing whatsoever on us.

Rant over.

What the hell is anyone saying about KU? 

no kidding.  since when did any major conf expand or realign based on basketball??

Piece of crap mid majors do it.   :users:

exactly.  high majors don't.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2010, 06:39:38 AM »
Guy that knows Tom Osborne's wife's, sister's, best friend's dry cleaner who is in constant contact just said Nebraska will never leave.

Crisis averted, folks.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2010, 08:17:38 AM »
Guy that knows Tom Osborne's wife's, sister's, best friend's dry cleaner who is in constant contact just said Nebraska will never leave.

Crisis averted, folks.

Whew that was a close one.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »

Crisis averted, folks.

I saw that piece of "information" as well.  Tom Osborne is stupid enough to let a golden opportunity like the Big 10 pass him buy, but I don't think that everyone in the NU administration is incapable of basic arithmetic.

Tom ONLY cares about football, and the hit that recruiting will take in Texas....and is obviously, and probably correctly, terrified to recruit against the upper tier of the Big 10 in their own back yards.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2010, 08:41:50 AM »
yeah, nubb football has a  much better chance in the big 12.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 03, 2010, 08:57:04 AM »
The other thing to consider is that Doc Tom would rather have to deal with the Big 12 North than whatever division they'd be put in the new Big 10.  

As it stands right now, I suspect the division that Cornhole is in the new Big 10 will have both Iowa and Wisky and one if not two out of the Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State trifecta, probably either Michigan or Ohio State.    You think Osborne wants that??  They'll never get to the CCG.   The thought of having to get through Iowa, Wisky and possibly Ohio State just to win the division scares the hell out of Osborne.  

The administration that's a different story.

They'll also get owned in basketball and wrestling, and a number of those Big 10 schools field really good Volleyball programs as well.  The Volleyball Final 4 had 2 Big 10 teams in it, and half of the V-ball Elite 8 was Big 10 teams.

But why am I even saying this, Tom's cousin's uncle's barber says Tom says that Cornhole is staying.  

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:02:13 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 03, 2010, 09:21:08 AM »

Crisis averted, folks.

I saw that piece of "information" as well.  Tom Osborne is stupid enough to let a golden opportunity like the Big 10 pass him buy, but I don't think that everyone in the NU administration is incapable of basic arithmetic.

Tom ONLY cares about football, and the hit that recruiting will take in Texas....and is obviously, and probably correctly, terrified to recruit against the upper tier of the Big 10 in their own back yards.

I apologize in advance but that right there is a four star rated tidbit, folks.  It simply doesn't get more cedible than that.  Nebraska's stayin'! 

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
I don't want Nebraska or KU following us to the Mountain West.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 03, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »
I don't want Nebraska or KU following us to the Mountain West.

I think we can make our escape without NU on our coattails but KU is prolly not so easy to shake. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 03, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
No doubt ku will lobby the Regents and Legislature hard to force KSU to take them wherever KSU ends up.

When you're the big brother (K-State) sometimes you've got to put little brother (ku) on your shoulders and help them see over the crowd.   

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 03, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »
No doubt ku will lobby the Regents and Legislature hard to force KSU to take them wherever KSU ends up.

When you're the big brother (K-State) sometimes you've got to put little brother (ku) on your shoulders and help them see over the crowd.   

We are bound together for forever and ever, Amen. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 03, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
Hey, KU fans, have fun on  your road trips in Lubbock and Ames while I'm shreddin' in FoCo and SLC!  Killer talking point.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »
Hey, KU fans, have fun on  your road trips in Lubbock and Ames while I'm shreddin' in FoCo and SLC!  Killer talking point.

Good beach v. mountain debate with the SD roady as well

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »
Not to mention the excellent talking point of how lubbock/ames people smell compared to the people of foco and slc. 

lubbock = stetson, old bbq, sweat
ames = butter, nacho cheese, also sweat

foco/slc = sweet, pleasant, "earthy" (in a good way)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »
Have we decided who our new rival will be yet?  Any good ideas for what said rival needs to be warming up?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 03, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »
Have we decided who our new rival will be yet?  Any good ideas for what said rival needs to be warming up?

UNLV.  And trust me, they are still warmed up.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2010, 11:35:12 AM »
Warm up your legalized prostitutes?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2010, 11:36:16 AM »

Very creepy.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »

Very creepy.

If Chingon sees this, you're out of here pal.

We forged a special bond with MOST UNLV fans, so we may not be "rivals" per se, but certainly each other's nemesis.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2010, 12:39:24 PM »
Most of you guys are thinking about this all wrong. We are not going to see less BCS games, and I doubt the BCS will drop the number of conferences with automatic bids. So the best case scenario is Missouri and Nebraska to the Big 10, Texas, A&M, OU, and OSU to the SEC, CU to the PAC 10, and KSU, KU, and Tech to the Mountain West. The Mountain West would become a BCS conference to replace the automatic bid vacated by the former Big 12. This would allow us to take conference road trips to San Diego, Fort Collins, and Salt Lake City, as well as play in BCS bowl games more often than not.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »
Most of you guys are thinking about this all wrong. We are not going to see less BCS games, and I doubt the BCS will drop the number of conferences with automatic bids. So the best case scenario is Missouri and Nebraska to the Big 10, Texas, A&M, OU, and OSU to the SEC, CU to the PAC 10, and KSU, KU, and Tech to the Mountain West. The Mountain West would become a BCS conference to replace the automatic bid vacated by the former Big 12. This would allow us to take conference road trips to San Diego, Fort Collins, and Salt Lake City, as well as play in BCS bowl games more often than not.

...and Iowa Sate and Baylor, plus pull two others (Boise State and Fresno State????) to make the Mountain West a 16 team super conference that is (cough, cough) worthy of inclusion in the BCS.

Ya, I'd take that versus just being in a regular mid-major.  

I still think that there is a small chance we stay in the Big 12, and it actually expands to 16 in a similar fashion....buy adding a couple former Big East teams and a few mid-majors.

Who do you think I have speak with to get _Fan's Doom shirts put on here?

http://mwcstore.teamfanshop.com/Default.aspx/source/MWC-032610Spring-300
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:50:23 PM by Pete »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »
Going to get really painful hearing all the "Mountain" jokes.  There is a 100% chance Rick Reilly does a story about this with goofy sound effects and a trip to Mt. Sunflower and lots of exclamation points about us not being in the mountains.

I hate that guy.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2010, 01:04:29 PM »
So, the storied Big 8/12 is replaced in the BCS by the freaking MWC?  I just can't imagine that happening.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2010, 01:06:42 PM »

...and Iowa Sate and Baylor, plus pull two others (Boise State and Fresno State????) to make the Mountain West a 16 team super conference that is (cough, cough) worthy of inclusion in the BCS.

Ya, I'd take that versus just being in a regular mid-major.  

I still think that there is a small chance we stay in the Big 12, and it actually expands to 16 in a similar fashion....buy adding a couple former Big East teams and a few mid-majors.

Who do you think I have speak with to get _Fan's Doom shirts put on here?

http://mwcstore.teamfanshop.com/Default.aspx/source/MWC-032610Spring-300

Would we even need those other schools? If anything, Iowa State and Baylor might make the conference less BCS-worthy from a competitive standpoint, and the mountain west is already very close to becoming a BCS conference as is. Plus, I hate Baylor and would love to ditch those losers. Iowa State would have insane travel costs and might not want to join just because of that.