Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4070463 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #9350 on: September 04, 2011, 01:27:06 AM »
i'm convinced being in the MWC can't be as awful as the suspense of not knowing what will happen.

Really, I guess you could be right.  I still think it will suck to gradually care less and less about KSU sports until it all just fades into nothingness.  It's going to be weird.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: September 04, 2011, 01:27:56 AM »
i'm convinced being in the MWC can't be as awful as the suspense of not knowing what will happen.

Really, I guess you could be right.  I still think it will suck to gradually care less and less about KSU sports until it all just fades into nothingness.  It's going to be weird.

The beginning of the end of our BBS careers  :embarrassed:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: September 04, 2011, 06:20:53 AM »

I'm going to have to find a productive hobby or something. And I rough ridin' hate productive hobbies.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: September 04, 2011, 07:39:28 AM »
Quote from: John Currie
We’re not having any specific discussions with anybody about anything specific ... Until somebody says the Big 12 is dead we’re going to be continuing to work with our partners in the Big 12 to strengthen the league and sustain and perpetuate the league
http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2018

Maybe we could convince Texas to stay and try to replace OU, OSU, and MU with schools like Air Force, TCU, and BYU.  Other things (like AQ status) being equal, isn't that preferable to joining the Big East or MWC?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: September 04, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
Kind of cool to see how this was orchestrated sequence between A&M, OU, and MU and the SEC Conference.  What a power play!

The SEC obviously didn't want to be perceived as the one having the blood on their hands for killing the Big XII and of course all of the litigation that will ensue from the tampering...

Create the instability by rolling out ATM, let OU clean out the rest with the move to the PAC, and then add MU after the chaos ensues, but avoid the appearance that they were the primarily responsible for the death of a 100 year old conference.  

Line up the dominos and let then fall.  MU will be in SEC by the end of next week.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: September 04, 2011, 07:58:23 AM »
Quote from: John Currie
We’re not having any specific discussions with anybody about anything specific ... Until somebody says the Big 12 is dead we’re going to be continuing to work with our partners in the Big 12 to strengthen the league and sustain and perpetuate the league
http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2018

Maybe we could convince Texas to stay and try to replace OU, OSU, and MU with schools like Air Force, TCU, and BYU.  Other things (like AQ status) being equal, isn't that preferable to joining the Big East or MWC?

I wish our leadership would stop making us look dumber than we already are with public comments like this.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: September 04, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »
Doodz-chillz. Fitz said during the pregame show that he talked to some people and ou was just trying to make it look like they were as important as Texas, but they were committed to the big 12.  We have the purple chip brown here, give him some f'n respect you fitzing a-holes.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: September 04, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »
Trust his sources.  Last year his people knew that the league would hold together and according to him he was the only one in the media reporting it.

He's basically been right every step of the way.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: September 04, 2011, 08:31:18 AM »
Boren has always seemed like the type who would bellow some hot air . . . not saying the Big 12 won't be history by next Tuesday, just sayin.

Offline r-a-b

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: September 04, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »
Is T. Boone Pickens Okie State's President or Athletic Director?  Sometimes I forget.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9360 on: September 04, 2011, 08:53:34 AM »
I wonder if I will become a bball only fan when this all goes down? Probably. I've been pretty close the last few years.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: September 04, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
I wonder if I will become a bball only fan when this all goes down? Probably. I've been pretty close the last few years.

You won't be if we don't join a bastardized Big East.

If we go to the Mountain West, you can kiss basketball goodbye forever.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:06 AM »

You know you will always cheer for Cat football... even if you have to listen on the radio because you can't get the MTN in your area.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: September 04, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »

You know you will always cheer for Cat football... even if you have to listen on the radio because you can't get the MTN in your area.

Yeah. I haven't had my Rev Honey yet. I'm not thinking clearly.

catzacker

« Reply #9364 on: September 04, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »

dying inside.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: September 04, 2011, 09:09:51 AM »

dying inside.

Our fate is to wind up as volunteer equipment managers who get 10 seconds of fame and a brief screenshot on Versus of us with a lost look and a K-State seed cap when we miss the season opener against an AQ school for the first time in 15 years.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: September 04, 2011, 09:12:11 AM »
Is T. Boone Pickens Okie State's President or Athletic Director?  Sometimes I forget.

Yes to both..and anything else he wants to be at any time.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9367 on: September 04, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »
Boren has always seemed like the type who would bellow some hot air . . . not saying the Big 12 won't be history by next Tuesday, just sayin.

Former politician, so, yeah.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: September 04, 2011, 09:26:31 AM »
When we are left out in the cold, can we change our mascot to the Sad Pandas?

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: September 04, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »

Former politician, so, yeah.

The thing that concerns me about Boren's comments is that he's been obsessed with raising OU's "academic" profile. I'm sure he'd like nothing more than to hang with Berkeley and Stanford.

Of course, if OU fans were upset when Callahan called them "hillbillies," then I'm not sure they'll be ready to hear what Cal and Stanford and Oregon and Washington and UCLA think of them.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: September 04, 2011, 09:31:55 AM »
So, how many teams need to act like we ares taying a confy to make those fuckers pay us 30mil each?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: September 04, 2011, 09:34:52 AM »
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany said by telephone after the Oklahoma news broke Saturday that he would not expect his league to feel pressure to start poaching schools. The Big Ten just added Nebraska to move it to 12 members.

“For us, I don’t think it really changes a lot for us,” Delany said. “We’d likely not be reactive. That’s my take on it. We thought a lot about 12 to 14 and the 16 when we had the opportunity last year. I don’t think that our thinking will change by what others will do. I don’t know it will change for others. Our view, really, is that it’s about quality and not quantity.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/sports/big-12-to-pac-12-oklahoma-ponders-a-move.html?_r=2

I think Delany won't make a move unless that move includes Notre Dame.  

The ACC seems strangely content in sticking together.

The Big East will be looking for some additions to get to twelve teams prior to their upcoming television negotiations.

If the Big 12 falls apart in the next couple of weeks, it makes Mizzou the easiest pick out there for the SEC.

KU and KSU to the Big East.  Maybe ISU, but they'll have to figure out what to do about this dance with Villanova.  ISU probably won't wait that long and they'll join a different conference.

Baylor is screwed no matter what.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: September 04, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »
So, how many teams need to act like we ares taying a confy to make those fuckers pay us 30mil each?
[/quote

There will be too much panic and uncertainty.  It will be too hard to stick tough in that environment when there's so much risk for being left out in the cold.

catzacker

« Reply #9373 on: September 04, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
When we are left out in the cold, can we change our mascot to the Sad Pandas?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: September 04, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
[/quote

There will be too much panic and uncertainty.  It will be too hard to stick tough in that environment when there's so much risk for being left out in the cold.

I don't know.  That much money would make a fantastic entry fee into a decent confy.  We could also prob buy a new adequate overloard with $30milx5