Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4068817 times)

Offline kcnut

• The CEO of the Brad Essex Report and cont. writer for red state I also hate oklahoma so very much.
  • Combo-Fan
  • hail to the king.
    • View Profile
    • The Brad Essex Report
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #36025 on: August 07, 2023, 04:28:45 AM »
I really think the big 12 is number one in football. The sec only has Alabama and lsu and Georgia that it and big 10 is only Ohio state and mythigan. Big 12 we got kansas sat Oklahoma state Baylor tcu byu and central Florida. And soon to have Utah and Arizona so our football conference is better then anyone. Stop me if I'm telling lies.
LHC Bill Snyder is as american as you can get.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36026 on: August 07, 2023, 05:54:56 AM »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36029 on: August 07, 2023, 10:43:12 AM »
https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-expansion-big-12-decision-2-more-schools-report

Allegedly there was some interest in possibly expanding to Oregon State and San Diego State, not so much right now.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36030 on: August 07, 2023, 11:35:31 AM »
I actually do not want Oregon.

Explain, of all the ones there, that is like the white whale

So, it's already been covered but since you quoted me I'll give my answer as well. The Big XII has the opportunity to really solidify the conference and comprise itself with a bunch of like minded, like sized schools that will bring stability for the long term. We don't want another Texas or OU at the table causing problems for everyone else. Grab the two Arizona schools and Utah and be done with it.

Now, if we could work out a deal where we could drop UCF and WVU to the ACC, kick Baylor out for being disgusting, and then pick up Oregon, Washington, and Washington State, well I'm not going to balk too much at that. But honestly, I think we'd be best with just AU, ASU, and UU.

Anyone talking about UCONN should be pistol whipped.

Well... when I'm right, I'm right!

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36031 on: August 07, 2023, 11:44:34 AM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #36032 on: August 07, 2023, 03:46:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1688651833915375616

At least our name doesn't tie us to a coast.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36033 on: August 07, 2023, 03:52:43 PM »
I hope those dumb fucks add Stanford and Cal

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36034 on: August 07, 2023, 04:22:49 PM »
I'm not sure if there's a move that could piss off Florida State more...

Hey guys, we're going to add a couple of teams that aren't anywhere near the current TV contract value of $30 million per school. Don't worry, they'll just take a half share for now, so it'll just cut off only a couple of million from your revenue each year because ESPN doesn't feel like giving us more money right now. Also, travel costs might go up a teensy bit and you might spend a few extra hours on a plane here and there. But, oh man, think about that academic prestige!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36035 on: August 07, 2023, 04:55:40 PM »

Hey guys, we're going to add a couple of teams that aren't anywhere near the current TV contract value of $30 million per school. Don't worry, they'll just take a half share for now, so it'll just cut off only a couple of million from your revenue each year because ESPN doesn't feel like giving us more money right now. Also, travel costs might go up a teensy bit and you might spend a few extra hours on a plane here and there. But, oh man, think about that academic prestige!

ACC wants ND
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36036 on: August 07, 2023, 05:55:41 PM »

ACC wants ND

That's fine, but ND would need to be worth $90 million+ per year just to take into account that Stanford and Cal aren't worth much at all. ND current gets about $25 million from NBC and $10 million from their side ACC hustle per year. Many are forecasting about $60-70 million per year when they renegotiate with NBC in a couple of years (on parwith Big Ten/SEC).

Using Stanford/Cal as a carrot for ND just doesn't work financially because Stanford/Cal are such dead weight.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #36037 on: August 07, 2023, 07:42:29 PM »
Stanford/Cal potentially in the Atlantic Coast Conference shows how ridic it's gotten.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36038 on: August 07, 2023, 08:23:25 PM »

ACC wants ND

That's fine, but ND would need to be worth $90 million+ per year just to take into account that Stanford and Cal aren't worth much at all. ND current gets about $25 million from NBC and $10 million from their side ACC hustle per year. Many are forecasting about $60-70 million per year when they renegotiate with NBC in a couple of years (on parwith Big Ten/SEC).

Using Stanford/Cal as a carrot for ND just doesn't work financially because Stanford/Cal are such dead weight.

Who knows? Maybe they fear losing FSU, Clem or something. Losing either of those, but gaining/keeping ND could be helpful. Maybe locking down ND helps keep FSU, Clem types from bouncing.

I’m just talking out of my ass btw.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36039 on: August 07, 2023, 09:24:29 PM »
I really think the big 12 is number one in football. The sec only has Alabama and lsu and Georgia that it and big 10 is only Ohio state and mythigan. Big 12 we got kansas sat Oklahoma state Baylor tcu byu and central Florida. And soon to have Utah and Arizona so our football conference is better then anyone. Stop me if I'm telling lies.
Fuckin’ a, Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36040 on: August 07, 2023, 09:26:19 PM »
It's all silly and stupid, but ND isn't going anywhere until they have to. If they get a $60-70 million a year deal from NBC, they will be an independent for as long as that deal runs. And, if they're forced to go somewhere, it won't be to a sinking ship like the ACC. So, the ACC would have potentially added dead weight in Cal/Stanford - for what? An opportunity to be rejected by ND?

Now, one actually plausible scenario - IF the ACC implodes and is picked apart by the other three, ND will need a home for all of its non-football sports if it remains an independent in football. The Big Ten and SEC will tell them to suck eggs if ND asks to be a member of those leagues in all sports except football. And that leaves the Big 12 in pretty good shape as they would absolutely take that situation.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36042 on: August 07, 2023, 11:25:17 PM »
Lololol if true.

1) Big 12 doesn't want wsu b/c big 12 presidents don't like schulz.
2) He's been on and is still on a cruise.

33:12 - https://www.iheart.com/podcast/59-puck-27459121/episode/8-7-h3-seahawks-lineman-liam-ryan-120595312/

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36043 on: August 08, 2023, 07:51:02 AM »
It’s not like Captain Kirk can do dick, anyway.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36044 on: August 08, 2023, 08:56:59 AM »
It’s not like Captain Kirk can do dick, anyway.

Definitely his Kobayashi Maru moment
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36045 on: August 08, 2023, 10:40:03 AM »
Mythigan was very good
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36046 on: August 08, 2023, 12:19:34 PM »
Lololol if true.

1) Big 12 doesn't want wsu b/c big 12 presidents don't like schulz.
2) He's been on and is still on a cruise.

33:12 - https://www.iheart.com/podcast/59-puck-27459121/episode/8-7-h3-seahawks-lineman-liam-ryan-120595312/
https://carnival.ourgiftcards.com/

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36047 on: August 08, 2023, 12:26:26 PM »
Kirk, as you read this from the deck of your cruise boat using the pricey WiFi up charge, please know that we all know that you read this blog and we wish you nothing but the very best.  Assuming you survive the WSU move to the WAC or AAC, please look at the bright side….you’ll have WAY fewer donors complaining about sports after the D2 apathy sets in…it’s an academic administration paradise!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36048 on: August 08, 2023, 12:41:39 PM »
Well there is the small matter of the crippling debt that no longer can be feasibly serviced by an athletics budget that will now shrink by 25 million a year.  Also they can no longer afford their revenue sports coaching contracts and now probably have to look at cutting every athletics program they can that doesn't infringe upon their Title 9 obligations. Other than that, should be easy peasy.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #36049 on: August 08, 2023, 01:56:58 PM »
Did we ever find out if Captain Crap was Currie or Shultz?