Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980759 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #31675 on: July 30, 2021, 10:44:23 AM »
Yes.  There are only three things Gene could or should say after any conference call or event during realignment. 

1 - Wow!

2 - Bummer

3 - Cool

That's it.  That's the sum of what he can contribute.

That would be enough to earn a Certificate.

I have absolutely no doubt that Currie remembered my face from that in every subsequent interaction.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31676 on: July 30, 2021, 11:17:28 AM »
"I've learned a lot in the last conversations" and "we're meeting 2 and 3 times a week"

LOFL. Our leadership is a disaster.

But yes, it's most likely completely out of our hands, so I'm not going to flip out.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31677 on: July 30, 2021, 11:33:49 AM »
You motherfuckers really just spend two pages complaining about Gene? My God. What's hilarious about this is I'm certain all of you know that Gene himself has no impact on what's going to happen. There are three outcomes here and none of them will be impacted by a single AD.

We remain in the Big 12 and add members
We get invited to another already existing P5 conference
We get left out and we have to go to a G5 conference

There is no way any of you can think any of these ADs can literally talk their way into a Big 10, Pac 12, or ACC invite, so what are we talking about here?

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31678 on: July 30, 2021, 11:36:34 AM »

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31681 on: July 30, 2021, 11:58:14 AM »
You motherfuckers really just spend two pages complaining about Gene? My God.

Honestly, we could probably knock out a quick 10-20 pages about the lack leadership at K-State across the board right now.

While also knowing it will not determine the outcome of this process.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31682 on: July 30, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
You motherfuckers really just spend two pages complaining about Gene? My God. What's hilarious about this is I'm certain all of you know that Gene himself has no impact on what's going to happen. There are three outcomes here and none of them will be impacted by a single AD.

We remain in the Big 12 and add members
We get invited to another already existing P5 conference
We get left out and we have to go to a G5 conference

There is no way any of you can think any of these ADs can literally talk their way into a Big 10, Pac 12, or ACC invite, so what are we talking about here?

I think lots of folks genuinely believe that if he'd just hit the phones hard it could happen.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31683 on: July 30, 2021, 12:38:28 PM »
My thoughts and hopes are that we actually do have tangible evidence, receipts, etc. on espn and the other parties. Enough to absolutely cause them a eff load of problems that they don’t want and delay the crap out of things. It kind of evens the bargaining tables a bit. Maybe they throw us byu and a few other schools along with a decent medium term contract to stfu. Possible 🤷????

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31684 on: July 30, 2021, 12:46:12 PM »
BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, and Central Florida. Sue the eff out of everyone and remain a P5.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31685 on: July 30, 2021, 01:04:51 PM »
BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, and Central Florida. Sue the eff out of everyone and remain a P5.

This needs to be done by 2023.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31686 on: July 30, 2021, 01:13:09 PM »
i'd like us to kick out baylor, tcu, and texas tech because they're texas too and eff that whole state. 

just go at it with the remaining 5, ksu, ku, isu, osu, wvu.  that's good enough.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31687 on: July 30, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »
i'd like us to kick out baylor, tcu, and texas tech because they're texas too and eff that whole state. 

just go at it with the remaining 5, ksu, ku, isu, osu, wvu.  that's good enough.

Yeah, this would be a solid foundation to build from. We could even rename the conference the POWER 5 so we will always be in a power 5 conference. Teams will be lining up to apply to join us.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31688 on: July 30, 2021, 01:23:42 PM »

Negative. I want to find a way to rid ourselves of Baylor during this next process. I still think the below is a better option, although more unlikely than the one you've laid out.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31689 on: July 30, 2021, 01:24:50 PM »

Yeah, this would be a solid foundation to build from. We could even rename the conference the POWER 5 so we will always be in a power 5 conference. Teams will be lining up to apply to join us.

It's like when a rec league softball team names themselves BYE WEEK in the hopes that the other team doesn't show up for the game.  It's as good a strategy as any at this point.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31690 on: July 30, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
How does 33 make something so good so fast  :love:

It's easy, I just ignore all the actual work I'm supposed to do for my job for an entire day.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31691 on: July 30, 2021, 01:37:24 PM »

It absolutely should not. If the elite 8 holds steady we're all getting $40 million a year for the next 4 years, that's even more than the ACC and Pac 12. No one is making that, even if someone gets a deal from the Big 10 because they won't get a full share right away.

Do nothing until the summer of 2024, then start weighing your options for July 1, 2025.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #31692 on: July 30, 2021, 01:42:13 PM »
Unless offered by another power conference, in which case you accept immediately and smack lips at any school without an offer.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31693 on: July 30, 2021, 01:43:38 PM »

It absolutely should not. If the elite 8 holds steady we're all getting $40 million a year for the next 4 years, that's even more than the ACC and Pac 12. No one is making that, even if someone gets a deal from the Big 10 because they won't get a full share right away.

Do nothing until the summer of 2024, then start weighing your options for July 1, 2025.

Are you saying that espn has been neutralized to the extent they won’t attempt to pay less than full contract amount on the current GOR? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31694 on: July 30, 2021, 02:02:13 PM »

Are you saying that espn has been neutralized to the extent they won’t attempt to pay less than full contract amount on the current GOR?

If the conference doesn't break up, they can't pay less unless the conference allows them to and why the he'll would they do that?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31695 on: July 30, 2021, 02:02:41 PM »
Unless offered by another power conference, in which case you accept immediately and smack lips at any school without an offer.

Good luck with those exit fees.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31696 on: July 30, 2021, 02:11:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1421169329597517824?s=19

The timing of this is a little suspect or am I just being paranoid?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #31697 on: July 30, 2021, 02:17:03 PM »

I think you absolutely right but I think it starts at 40. Could be higher considering the big 12 should now own UT/OU media rights for the remainder of the GoR. Also looking potential a good chunk in changes in buyouts / damages / penalties. It is too expensive for another school to leave before the grant of rights, thus I don't see the purpose of adding additional teams until those rights expire. Stay with an 8 team split, also adds additional OOC game. Big 12 currently should be sitting on a crap on money.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31698 on: July 30, 2021, 02:59:23 PM »

If the conference doesn't break up, they can't pay less unless the conference allows them to and why the he'll would they do that?

100%
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31699 on: July 30, 2021, 03:06:33 PM »
everything that they signed up for related to GoR/exit fees will be litigated and there’s absolutely no way the b12 will be made whole when it’s all said and done

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.