Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980974 times)

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #28750 on: August 17, 2016, 09:55:59 PM »
An interesting proposal on Big XII expansion:
http://www.vivathematadors.com/2016/8/17/12508044/the-foolproof-solution-to-big-12-expansion

24 teams, and A and B division

I'm for a 24 team conference. Merge the B12 and Pac.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #28751 on: August 17, 2016, 11:13:03 PM »
http://www.vivathematadors.com/2016/8/17/12508044/the-foolproof-solution-to-big-12-expansion

ASU still coming?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28752 on: August 17, 2016, 11:14:28 PM »

ASU still coming?

Kill shot. Get out the body bag.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28753 on: August 18, 2016, 03:18:46 AM »
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28754 on: August 18, 2016, 08:19:26 AM »
no, they are not dlew

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28755 on: August 18, 2016, 08:32:48 AM »
I wonder what caused the Arizona schools to change their minds all of the sudden.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28756 on: August 18, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »
I wonder what caused the Arizona schools to change their minds all of the sudden.

I can only assume stability.  Obviously the money is more. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28757 on: August 18, 2016, 10:47:22 AM »
Merge with the SEC, boom 24 team conference.  West Virginia goes to the east (SEC) division, the west (Big 12) division is the remaining 9 big 12 schools plus Mizzou, aTm, and Arkansas.  Lots of old rivalries renewed on the west side.  This league would get several bids in the CFP every year.  Profit.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #28758 on: August 18, 2016, 10:55:45 AM »
blackcats it's patterson'd us.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28759 on: August 18, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »
Merge with the SEC, boom 24 team conference.  West Virginia goes to the east (SEC) division, the west (Big 12) division is the remaining 9 big 12 schools plus Mizzou, aTm, and Arkansas.  Lots of old rivalries renewed on the west side.  This league would get several bids in the CFP every year.  Profit.

it's really weird that I never thought of this, but crap, this is the new leader in the clubhouse.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #28760 on: August 18, 2016, 12:03:12 PM »

it's really weird that I never thought of this, but crap, this is the new leader in the clubhouse.

I would hate it, but at least KSU would remain in a power conference that would most likely survive. Of course the good thing is that it would mostly reunite the old Big 12 which would be neat. Naturally, it's good bye to whatever chance we had at confy champs, but long shot chance of getting into the playoffs at some point.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28761 on: August 18, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »

The price of admission.  Don't worry, SEC wouldn't do it.

I would hate it, but at least KSU would remain in a power conference that would most likely survive. Of course the good thing is that it would mostly reunite the old Big 12 which would be neat. Naturally, it's good bye to whatever chance we had at confy champs, but long shot chance of getting into the playoffs at some point.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28763 on: August 18, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »

It really wouldn't be much harder to be conference champs than it is now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28766 on: August 18, 2016, 02:37:28 PM »
I hope the other 19 address each of the points this video puts forth for our consideration.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28767 on: August 18, 2016, 03:09:11 PM »
Just to really muss everything up and make it the true crap show it is. . .they should crowdsource the decision. Every school makes a video, and like the all star game in MLB, it is up to the people. Make the votes weighted so that each media market only gets so much say. Have all the coaches and presidents on stage for a giant reveal. Top two vote getters are in for sure. Next four have some sort of on site competition to see who the last two in will be.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28769 on: August 18, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »
I'd really like to see DeezNuts get into the conference

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #28770 on: August 18, 2016, 03:22:51 PM »

I dunno man. Having the best record over 9 games seems easier than winning a division of a division, then winning a division championship game against a really good opponent, then facing the best opponent from the other side. At least that's how I assume it would go.

In any scenario, it's naturally harder because you're fighting for the top spot against 23 other teams instead of 9.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28771 on: August 18, 2016, 03:29:14 PM »

I dunno man. Having the best record over 9 games seems easier than winning a division of a division, then winning a division championship game against a really good opponent, then facing the best opponent from the other side. At least that's how I assume it would go.

In any scenario, it's naturally harder because you're fighting for the top spot against 23 other teams instead of 9.

The 24 team conference would be harder to win if you have the best team in the conference. The 10 team conference would be harder to win if you aren't.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28772 on: August 18, 2016, 03:35:46 PM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28773 on: August 18, 2016, 03:52:33 PM »
Just to really muss everything up and make it the true crap show it is. . .they should crowdsource the decision. Every school makes a video, and like the all star game in MLB, it is up to the people. Make the votes weighted so that each media market only gets so much say. Have all the coaches and presidents on stage for a giant reveal. Top two vote getters are in for sure. Next four have some sort of on site competition to see who the last two in will be.

This is how you end up with the University of Boaty McBoat Face in the Big 12.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28774 on: August 18, 2016, 04:25:12 PM »
My buddy's brother married a girl that went to USF to get her marine biology degree, she absolutely loved the school.  Stadium in video looks kind of small-timey though.