Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4130036 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #4475 on: June 14, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
If this actually happens, I think I will jizz in my pants when the first reporter asks Cornhole about paying those exit fees/reduction in tv revenue.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: June 14, 2010, 12:55:02 PM »
Oh wow that new and improved Pac 10 is really going to appeal to the networks with the addition of Colorado and Utah, and with USC about to disappear from the landscape.  

USC isn't really going anywhere...

Certainly not to any bowl games.  amirite?

nope, but they'll be right back in it in 3 years.   They are USC.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: fitz has spoken
« Reply #4477 on: June 14, 2010, 12:55:24 PM »
Fitz wins again.

I think he deserves a vacation, just continue the vacation he's been on the last 5 years.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: June 14, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »
If this actually happens, I think I will jizz in my pants when the first reporter asks Cornhole about paying those exit fees/reduction in tv revenue.

This makes the whole thing worthwhile.  

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: June 14, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »

League will just garnish it, ala child support.   Corn can't stop it.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: June 14, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »

Screencaps for the exact moment the Nebraska president blows a blood vessel when answering that question.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: June 14, 2010, 12:56:57 PM »
Sounds like he is conceding to Orangebloods...

not so fast my friend.  from brian gates

"That's the funny part about this. It took a week's worth of Tweeting from Chip to get to what Fitz has been on the whole time here at GoPowercat and Wabash."

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=134410645&mid=134410645&sid=889&style=2

:lol:

Those guys are disgusting

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: June 14, 2010, 12:57:13 PM »

I think they already did.  Perlman stuttered for a while before saying something like "Any penalty against Nebraska for leaving would be inappropriate."

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: June 14, 2010, 12:57:16 PM »

"That's the funny part about this. It took a week's worth of Tweeting from Chip to get to what Fitz has been on the whole time here at GoPowercat and Wabash."

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=134410645&mid=134410645&sid=889&style=2

Seriously, why do people pay for his cr*p?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: June 14, 2010, 12:57:25 PM »
Quote from: KU Homer
So, like I’ve said numerous times, Basketball could be saving our ass.
To me it looks like KU and the south schools are all going to sit down and talk to everyone else and if it isn’t a dream scenario, are jumping ship

Their arrogance is breathtaking.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4485 on: June 14, 2010, 12:58:18 PM »

While Fitz was picking up dog crap in his backyard, his subscribers were asking where he was.  He had no sources on this.  NONE.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: June 14, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
Would be kinda silly to wait to invite Memphis, with that 10 mil per year sitting on the table.  You knlow one of the BCS leagues will take them in, may as well be us.  The extrqa bucks could come in handy when hiring a new football coach or giving Frank another extension/raise.

Just imagine the BBQ powerhouse the conference would be!! KC, Tehas and Memphis!

:love: :love: :love:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: June 14, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »
....if the 10 stay together, I'll crap in my hand and wipe it in my hair.

:pray: :pray: :popcorn:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: June 14, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »
http://ucla.freedomblogging.com/2010/06/13/pac-10-expansion-scott-in-austin-kansas-next/16411/

Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott arrived in Austin Sunday to meet with University of Texas officials about the Longhorns joining an expanded Pac-10 and is scheduled to meet with University of Kansas officials Monday night, the Orange County Register has learned.
Scott landed in Austin as the Texas board of regents prepared to meet Tuesday morning to discuss the Longhorns’ conference options.
The Austin stop comes after a busy weekend for Scott, the point man in a Pac-10 expansion bid that could dramatically alter the major college sports landscape by the end of the week.
Scott met with University of Oklahoma president David Boren and Sooners athletic director Joe Castiglione in Oklahoma on Saturday and then flew to to College Station, Texas to meet with Texas A&M officials on Sunday morning before flying to Lubbock for a meeting with Texas Tech officials later that afternoon. Texas Tech’s regents are also scheduled to discuss the school joining the Pac-10 on Tuesday afternoon. Oklahoma regents will hold a similar discussion Wednesday, school officials said.
Monday could be just as busy with Scott and deputy commissioner  Kevin Weiberg, a former Big 12 commissioner, scheduled fly to Kansas City Monday night to meet with University of Kansas officials scrambling to find a home for the Jayhawks with the break up of the Big 12 imminent.
Scott’s whirlwind tour of the Big 12 Southern Division comes as SEC officials have expressed interest in pursuing Texas and Texas A&M. A&M officials have also expressed an interest in at least exploring the SEC as an option.
But Texas remains the key to Pac-10 plans to expand to a 16-school, two division super conference. Pac-10 officials see Texas as the flagship university in a Eastern Division that would also include Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Colorado, who joined the Pac-10 on Thursday, and current Pac-10 members Arizona and Arizona State. Pac-10 officials hope Texas A&M will round out the Eastern Division. If the Aggies jump to the SEC or pursue other options, the Pac-10 will look at Utah and Kansas.
The Western Division would be made up of the original Pac-8 schools: Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, California, Stanford, UCLA and USC.

:ohno:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: June 14, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »

While Fitz was picking up dog crap in his backyard, his subscribers were asking where he was.  He had no sources on this.  NONE.

You must have misread, Fitz has been onto this for weeks now.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: June 14, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »

I think they already did.  Perlman stuttered for a while before saying something like "Any penalty against Nebraska for leaving would be inappropriate."

Dream Scenario: tantalizingly close.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: June 14, 2010, 01:01:44 PM »
ChipBrownOB - This train to save the Big 12 is rolling folks. ... http://bit.ly/A7U8p
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: June 14, 2010, 01:02:25 PM »
Going to be some Blood in the Big 12-Pac-10 hardwood series  :curse:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:03 PM »
Going to be some Blood in the Big 12-Pac-10 hardwood series  :curse:

Who gets Colorado?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »
http://ucla.freedomblogging.com/2010/06/13/pac-10-expansion-scott-in-austin-kansas-next/16411/

Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott arrived in Austin Sunday to meet with University of Texas officials about the Longhorns joining an expanded Pac-10 and is scheduled to meet with University of Kansas officials Monday night, the Orange County Register has learned.
Scott landed in Austin as the Texas board of regents prepared to meet Tuesday morning to discuss the Longhorns’ conference options.
The Austin stop comes after a busy weekend for Scott, the point man in a Pac-10 expansion bid that could dramatically alter the major college sports landscape by the end of the week.
Scott met with University of Oklahoma president David Boren and Sooners athletic director Joe Castiglione in Oklahoma on Saturday and then flew to to College Station, Texas to meet with Texas A&M officials on Sunday morning before flying to Lubbock for a meeting with Texas Tech officials later that afternoon. Texas Tech’s regents are also scheduled to discuss the school joining the Pac-10 on Tuesday afternoon. Oklahoma regents will hold a similar discussion Wednesday, school officials said.
Monday could be just as busy with Scott and deputy commissioner  Kevin Weiberg, a former Big 12 commissioner, scheduled fly to Kansas City Monday night to meet with University of Kansas officials scrambling to find a home for the Jayhawks with the break up of the Big 12 imminent.
Scott’s whirlwind tour of the Big 12 Southern Division comes as SEC officials have expressed interest in pursuing Texas and Texas A&M. A&M officials have also expressed an interest in at least exploring the SEC as an option.
But Texas remains the key to Pac-10 plans to expand to a 16-school, two division super conference. Pac-10 officials see Texas as the flagship university in a Eastern Division that would also include Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Colorado, who joined the Pac-10 on Thursday, and current Pac-10 members Arizona and Arizona State. Pac-10 officials hope Texas A&M will round out the Eastern Division. If the Aggies jump to the SEC or pursue other options, the Pac-10 will look at Utah and Kansas.
The Western Division would be made up of the original Pac-8 schools: Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, California, Stanford, UCLA and USC.

do you get your links from the morning paper, because you're always about 9 hours behind.

And by the way, the PAC10 plane is currently on it's way BACK to Cali, NOT KC.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N228PK

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:27 PM »

That is from last night you dumbass.
- chunkles

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:36 PM »

Mods, could you please ban dumbass up here until this is all done so he stops posting updates that are over 12 hours old and 11 hours obsolete.  It's like  a 90 year old senile man has hacked BMW's account and is jumping up and down when he reads day old news in the paper.  Christ....
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »
JFC MoonBeams, did you just wake up from your sunday night bender? :facepalm:
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »
Would be kinda silly to wait to invite Memphis, with that 10 mil per year sitting on the table.  You knlow one of the BCS leagues will take them in, may as well be us.  The extrqa bucks could come in handy when hiring a new football coach or giving Frank another extension/raise.

elitest league of bball ever  :excited:

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: June 14, 2010, 01:04:16 PM »
nope, but they'll be right back in it in 3 years.   They are USC.

so in 3 years how well do you think usc will be? it took alabama more then 3 years to bounce back and usc is losing more scholarships then they did