Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4142213 times)

joda, GregKSU1027, Tobias (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #36300 on: October 09, 2023, 02:05:46 PM »
I've seen speculation that if schools break away from the NCAA to do their own tournament down the road, a very strong Big 12 could get a huge piece of that pie. And that could be a way to close some of the gap between the Big 12 and the SEC, Big Ten.

Trust me, everyone on the Phog hoops board believes this. I'm a little more circumspect about the prospects of it.

Is this speculation on the Phog in conjunction with their impending move to the Big 10?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36301 on: October 09, 2023, 03:11:21 PM »
I've seen speculation that if schools break away from the NCAA to do their own tournament down the road, a very strong Big 12 could get a huge piece of that pie. And that could be a way to close some of the gap between the Big 12 and the SEC, Big Ten.

Trust me, everyone on the Phog hoops board believes this. I'm a little more circumspect about the prospects of it.

Is this speculation on the Phog in conjunction with their impending move to the Big 10?

I think we've all moved on to accepting our fate as the most successful and richest athletics program in the Nu Big12.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36302 on: October 09, 2023, 03:33:50 PM »

I think we've all moved on to accepting our fate as the most successful and richest athletics program in the Nu Big12.

Until UCF passes you in a couple of years - enjoy it while you can.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36303 on: October 09, 2023, 04:03:44 PM »

As you should be. The current NCAA tournament media deal runs out after the 2032 tournament. The Big 12 media deal expires before then. I don't think there's ever, in my lifetime anyway, going to be a breakaway from the current tournament format. It certainly isn't happening before the current television deal expires.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36304 on: October 09, 2023, 06:19:38 PM »

How can you say this with a straight face?  Knowing KU has the shitiest FB stadium and no money from those "RICH ALUMNI" to build anything close to a top stadium in the conference?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36305 on: October 12, 2023, 08:45:39 AM »
More fodder from the sportskeeda / Swaim Show:
https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/news-after-pac-12-implosion-big-12-expansion-eyes-add-6-schools-part-conference-realignment-2026-member-count-hit-22

College football insider Greg Swaim reported that the Big 12 could add six more teams by 2026 to get to 22 teams. That would create a round-robin conference schedule with two 11-team divisions and the winners of each division facing off against one another in the Big 12 Conference Championship.

The six teams are the Oregon State Beavers, Washington State Huskies, Louisville Cardinals, Pittsburgh Panthers, NC State Wolfpack and the Virginia Tech Hokies.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36306 on: October 12, 2023, 08:52:38 AM »
:lol:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #36307 on: October 12, 2023, 09:44:16 AM »
Looking forward to that game against the Huskies

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36308 on: October 18, 2023, 09:58:15 AM »
Interesting post from the texas board

Starting 2024 the Big Ten has exclusive time slots on FOX at noon, CBS afternoon, and NBC prime. All other games will be on BTN, FS1, or Peacock.
The SEC and ACC (minus 1 ACC game a week now on the CW) are full ABC/ESPN with an agreement that ABC afternoon slot will be reserved for the SEC (but not exclusive meaning they could have another game on ESPN at the same time).
The Big 12 is split, however as the Big Ten has an exclusive slot with CBS in that afternoon slot that basically means the Big 12 will own that afternoon window with FOX save for the odd/occasional MWC game.
While it’s hard to predict exactly how the inventory situation will flush out. This seems most likely.
Noon: FOX=big 10, ABC=B12/ACC, ESPN=SEC

Afternoon: CBS=big 10, ABC=SEC, FOX=B12, ESPN=ACC, NBC=ND
Prime: NBC=big 10, ABC=SEC, FOX(after MLB)=B12 (maybe big 10 if they can work out a deal with NBC to break the exclusive window), ESPN=SEC
Late: ESPN=B12, FS1=big 10
The Big win here for the Big 12 is FOX. With FOX being locked out of the SEC/ACC and not bidding on the PAC12 and with the Big Ten granting exclusive over the air broadcasting windows to CBS/NBC to get them to play ball the remaining Big 12 programs are going to get a lot air time in that afternoon FOX slot. True it will be opposite of the SEC and Big Ten games of the week plus Notre Dame but that more than the ACC has going for it. Both will have plenty of games on ESPN2/ESPN+ but the Big 12 could theoretically have 3 games OTA while the ACC at most could only have 2 (not including ND home games) which is why I think the Big 12 will be (or already is) clearly the #3 conference.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36309 on: October 18, 2023, 10:42:57 AM »
Yeah, I think I'm good now thanks unless each school gets like an extra mil or two by doing it, and we're not.

Yormack has a weird basketball fetish. Maybe he's a genius and is playing 3,000D chess, but still, no ....

I would think the residents of Phogistan would be ecstatic to have a men's BB oriented conference commissioner.  That you would call that a fetish is astonishing.  It disrupts my stereotype of the typical KU fan that wants to see de-emphasis of football in favor of basketball - usually over some type of player safety concern to mask KU's historical futility in football.  BTW, I don't see the current state of the KU football program as being futile.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36310 on: October 24, 2023, 02:24:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1716882894533374282?t=VeWdEAkmStj3P3EVFm9X2A&s=19

Just filing this here for historical purposes in case in becomes significant later

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36311 on: October 24, 2023, 10:48:58 PM »
Clemson trying to strike while the iron is hot, trying to scam the Big 10 into thinking they're a blue bloods. They have nothing to offer a conference, at all, they don't even have a top 25 football team right now. Playing games on the CW and crap.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36312 on: October 24, 2023, 10:58:46 PM »
They allegedly have one of the best facilities.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36313 on: October 24, 2023, 11:14:57 PM »
They have to take buses from their locker room to the stadium

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36315 on: October 25, 2023, 02:07:50 PM »
Horseman has a warning for the new PAC teams coming to play ball in a real conference.
https://x.com/1ReginaldS/status/1716913260996571191?s=20

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #36317 on: October 31, 2023, 08:01:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/1719447540452462803
we better not have to travel to a single one of these neophytes’ stadiums for the next few years or I am out on yormark

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36318 on: October 31, 2023, 08:58:56 PM »
Clams, you don't travel from KC to the Little Apple.  LOL

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36319 on: November 01, 2023, 08:34:06 AM »
LOL

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36320 on: November 01, 2023, 09:17:15 AM »
rip
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #36321 on: November 01, 2023, 09:27:01 AM »
It was hard for clams to make it to every game because he had cross country meets last year and sometimes his parents wouldn't let him borrow the car to drive to Manhattan.

Now that he is a freshman and worked enough hours at taco via over the summer to get a car he hasn't missed a home or road game yet.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #36322 on: November 01, 2023, 09:28:58 AM »
I've been to 4 games this year and I live in TX. It will be 5 games this weekend when I'm in Austin for the game.  :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36323 on: November 01, 2023, 11:40:56 AM »
Pappy just bodied clams.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36324 on: November 01, 2023, 01:35:26 PM »

gE trail runs and leaf peeping next two years!!