Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4140043 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #35676 on: July 31, 2023, 07:23:06 PM »
Need to click through for the full deets of the alleged offer. It's a doozy. I expect Arizona to announce tomorrow evening.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35677 on: July 31, 2023, 07:36:23 PM »
Most don't regard him as a reliable source.  I would tend to not read his crap as I just clicked on his tweeter feed and the first tweet is him taking credit for breaking the USC/UCLA news when it's common news that Greg Flugaur on PATC broke it first and was given credit for it.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #35678 on: July 31, 2023, 07:39:14 PM »
Can't imagine any school with options is satisfied with $20M and far less visibility. And oh yea fans, you will have to subscribe to both apple and the PAC add on within apple TV.

I'm all in on Arizona or Arizona/UO/UW. No other schools from the PAC.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35679 on: July 31, 2023, 07:40:42 PM »
Can't imagine any school with options is satisfied with $20M and far less visibility. And oh yea fans, you will have to subscribe to both apple and the PAC add on within apple TV.

This is the way.

Offline Cats-aholic

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35680 on: July 31, 2023, 11:29:18 PM »

This is the way.

In my *ideal situation (bc obviously I know more than the University Presidents that are paid to discuss this all day), the Big 12 takes MAX 3 more from the PAC.  Whatever combination of UA/UO/UW/UU/ASU WANTS to join and be a member without jumping ship in 7 years.  Then pick up Louisville and Pitt when the ACC implodes for more eastern brands and presence.  Big 12 goes (all but) coast-to-coast and has all time zones covered.

*Nothing is ideal anymore.  Take me back to 1996-2010 Big XII aka THE ideal conference before the Longhorns f****d us all.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35681 on: July 31, 2023, 11:36:13 PM »
If BY gets #15 & 16 and if it's UW & UO he will be able to renegotiate the media to get Fox & ESPN to provide a rider for an additional 2 to 3 million per school.  I am now all for getting UW and UO!!!  Also, eff ASU & UU, as they can rot in what's left of the PAC.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35682 on: August 01, 2023, 12:35:53 AM »
Greg Swaim tells it like it is.  Tell us how wrong he is again, MIR.  ;)

:lol:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35683 on: August 01, 2023, 02:58:45 AM »
For What It's Worth:
https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/cfb-insider-reveals-arizona-big-12-done-deal-drops-deadline-big-12-expansion-extending-14-programs
According to college football insider Greg Swaim
, Arizona's move to the Big 12 is a done deal. In what will be a huge blow for the Pac-12, the university is expected to officially announce its intention to exit the conference on or before Tuesday.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35684 on: August 01, 2023, 08:36:20 AM »
:lol:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35685 on: August 01, 2023, 08:43:23 AM »
Alright when’s this big meeting today

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #35686 on: August 01, 2023, 09:20:19 AM »
I think it might be going right now, but I might have mixed something up with the time zone difference.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35687 on: August 01, 2023, 09:43:37 AM »

This is the way.

In my *ideal situation (bc obviously I know more than the University Presidents that are paid to discuss this all day), the Big 12 takes MAX 3 more from the PAC.  Whatever combination of UA/UO/UW/UU/ASU WANTS to join and be a member without jumping ship in 7 years.  Then pick up Louisville and Pitt when the ACC implodes for more eastern brands and presence.  Big 12 goes (all but) coast-to-coast and has all time zones covered.

*Nothing is ideal anymore.  Take me back to 1996-2010 Big XII aka THE ideal conference before the Longhorns f****d us all.

If we’re gonna be out east I like adding LVille, Pitt. VT fits that profile as wel
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35688 on: August 01, 2023, 09:44:35 AM »
I keep seeing that Arizona will be a package deal with ASU and Utah.  If that is the case, lets go get UO and UW and see if Arizona still feels like they need to be part of a package. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35689 on: August 01, 2023, 09:47:34 AM »
I think it might be going right now, but I might have mixed something up with the time zone difference.

I think it is at 7am Pacific time so should be hearing rumors soon.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35690 on: August 01, 2023, 09:57:25 AM »

This is the way.

If we’re gonna be out east I like adding LVille, Pitt. VT fits that profile as wel

I just threw up in my mouth

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35691 on: August 01, 2023, 10:03:31 AM »
https://www.si.com/college/miami/football/miami-hurricanes-options-florida-state-clemson-big-10

According to the linked page, FSU and Clemson are rumored to be joining the Big 10 with Oregon and Washington.  However, neither FSU or Clemson are in the AAU, so probably bullshit

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35692 on: August 01, 2023, 10:19:34 AM »
https://www.si.com/college/miami/football/miami-hurricanes-options-florida-state-clemson-big-10

According to the linked page, FSU and Clemson are rumored to be joining the Big 10 with Oregon and Washington.  However, neither FSU or Clemson are in the AAU, so probably bullshit
Well (as broken before any news outlet on the planet when it happened), neither is NU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35693 on: August 01, 2023, 11:01:01 AM »

Well (as broken before any news outlet on the planet when it happened), neither is NU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they were when they joined.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #35695 on: August 01, 2023, 11:17:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/jasonscheer/status/1686408471477137408?t=prxOxAcbnSewYEpi3F3U_w&s=19

Someone in a thread I saw said AZ walked out halfway through. No way that is true, but would be hilarious it it was. "Guys, hear me out all the way on this. Its going to sound bad at first, but just hear me out".

AZ, "nope, eff this crap". ha

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35696 on: August 01, 2023, 11:40:31 AM »
https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/news-25-million-emerges-new-figure-pac-12-media-deal-50-linear-commitment-limited-streaming-partner-reports
More Skeeda Scoops
"Per @dennisdoddcbs the 9 members will see the numbers - likely the best and final figures on their @pac12 media deal. Deal - Worth north of $25 million per year per team. At least 50% linear with @AppleTV as the tier 1 rights holder for everything and a sub. lic agreement with a linear partner."

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #35697 on: August 01, 2023, 12:11:18 PM »
:impatient:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35698 on: August 01, 2023, 12:11:44 PM »
https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/news-25-million-emerges-new-figure-pac-12-media-deal-50-linear-commitment-limited-streaming-partner-reports
More Skeeda Scoops
"Per @dennisdoddcbs the 9 members will see the numbers - likely the best and final figures on their @pac12 media deal. Deal - Worth north of $25 million per year per team. At least 50% linear with @AppleTV as the tier 1 rights holder for everything and a sub. lic agreement with a linear partner."

If they get 25 mil and 50% linear that’d be an amazing deal pulled off by kliavkoff.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35699 on: August 01, 2023, 12:18:11 PM »
There's also rumors that much of this is "best case" numbers that lack gurantees.

Remember, they got "best cased" into near bankruptcy by Larry Scott.