Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4068708 times)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #33100 on: April 05, 2022, 07:17:57 PM »
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33101 on: April 06, 2022, 12:09:03 AM »
Warm up Oliver Luck.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33102 on: April 06, 2022, 07:21:49 PM »
I would love to snag ole Ollie.

If you were to draw up the perfect resume for a new Big12 commish it would be Oliver Luck

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33103 on: April 22, 2022, 01:39:06 PM »
Sort of interesting relative to the super stupid context of everything ITT.

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1517221894461612032

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33104 on: April 22, 2022, 01:54:13 PM »
That's great, good for them. Imagine if KU had that sense of realism?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33105 on: April 22, 2022, 02:27:26 PM »

Did you read ISU's statement? They don't have a medical school or research hospital. KU does.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33106 on: April 22, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
NU does as well

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33107 on: April 22, 2022, 04:11:29 PM »
NU does as well

spracs, you just got McKinsied!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33108 on: April 22, 2022, 04:34:19 PM »
NU does as well

I seem to recall some weird chicanery whereby UN-L doesn't get credited for that, because it's actually UN-O or something? Too lazy to look it up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33109 on: April 22, 2022, 05:16:07 PM »

Did you read ISU's statement? They don't have a medical school or research hospital. KU does.

I did. I was admiring them for not counting to needlessly pay AAU dues for nothing else other than hiking up their skirt for some Big 10 invite that's never going to come.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33110 on: April 22, 2022, 05:57:39 PM »
Because certain extremely important research endeavors aren't calculated into the AAU equation, it makes the whole thing just LOL'able in my opinion.

You can't have much of a medical school without the foundational sustenance of life itself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33111 on: April 22, 2022, 09:30:27 PM »
NU does as well

I seem to recall some weird chicanery whereby UN-L doesn't get credited for that, because it's actually UN-O or something? Too lazy to look it up.

Pretty much. Nebraska med is too adjace. It's in Omaha and not Lincoln and operates pretty independently from UNL.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33112 on: April 22, 2022, 09:33:58 PM »
NU does as well

Pretty much. Nebraska med is too adjace. It's in Omaha and not Lincoln and operates pretty independently from UNL.

Sounds very similar to ku med

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33113 on: April 22, 2022, 10:31:40 PM »
NU does as well

But Lawrence and KC are basically the same art-filled city. And the relationship among the entities is apparently structured better?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33114 on: April 23, 2022, 10:05:35 AM »
Lawrence is a fine bedroom community for the Topeka metro. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33115 on: April 23, 2022, 10:06:30 AM »
NU does as well

But Lawrence and KC are basically the same art-filled city. And the relationship among the entities is apparently structured better?
LOL nerd

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33116 on: April 23, 2022, 10:13:12 AM »
To spracnes second point, I do think there is maybe something to it. Example- some programs at ku med in kc are joint ventures with ku in Lawrence. Like, some ku med students have to take classes it’s ku med campus and in Lawrence. Money, funding, class locations, etc are maybe more shared so it allows them to count it a little more.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33117 on: April 23, 2022, 11:00:45 AM »
Imagine having to haul your sports teams off to . . . Forbes Field in order to catch a charter flight.

Lawrence, KS:  Flyover Country

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33118 on: April 23, 2022, 11:08:58 AM »
https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/with-fox-reaching-an-extension-with-the-big-ten-what-happens-now-for-espn-and-other-possible-rights-suitors.html

Not earth-shattering news but belongs in this thread as it will eventually impact the next contracts for Pac and B12.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33120 on: April 27, 2022, 06:53:12 PM »
My very unpopular opinion is if we’re going to stay at 12 after OU & UT leave, then I want divisions. I don’t want the 2nd team in a CCG to be between 2 8-1 teams that never played each other & some convoluted tiebreaker deciding who gets to play.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33121 on: April 27, 2022, 08:01:24 PM »
My very unpopular opinion is if we’re going to stay at 12 after OU & UT leave, then I want divisions. I don’t want the 2nd team in a CCG to be between 2 8-1 teams that never played each other & some convoluted tiebreaker deciding who gets to play.

I agree, I hope the b12 goes back to divisions. has the potential to add some excitement to the season, just win a few key games and you have a great chance to be in the CCG

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33122 on: April 27, 2022, 10:59:16 PM »

I agree, I hope the b12 goes back to divisions. has the potential to add some excitement to the season, just win a few key games and you have a great chance to be in the CCG

Yeah, I used to want this too but I think it's going to be better for the league to be 1 vs 2. I think if we went to divisions it would be very ACC/AAC'y. I don't think there will ever been a dominant team in this conference, certainly not two. Making the CCG shouldn't be some impossible uphill climb, all the schools are actually peers. I don't want to see multiple years of four loss teams in a CCG.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33123 on: April 28, 2022, 12:21:42 PM »

Yeah, I used to want this too but I think it's going to be better for the league to be 1 vs 2. I think if we went to divisions it would be very ACC/AAC'y. I don't think there will ever been a dominant team in this conference, certainly not two. Making the CCG shouldn't be some impossible uphill climb, all the schools are actually peers. I don't want to see multiple years of four loss teams in a CCG.

I get not wanting a 4-loss team making the CCG too. I just have no idea how you write tie-breakers for who goes the CCG if the teams never played each other. I have no idea how you tie-break 2 teams that went 8-1, both lost to the 9-0 team that finished first & went 8-0 against everyone else in conference. I don’t want it to be committee or poll based. I don’t want a team getting rewarded for going 3-0 in OOC playing Rutgers & being 11-1 ending the season ranked #8 while the other team is 10-2 because they went 2-1 in OCC playing a premier P5 and end the season ranked #10.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 12:27:16 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33124 on: April 28, 2022, 01:05:55 PM »

I get not wanting a 4-loss team making the CCG too. I just have no idea how you write tie-breakers for who goes the CCG if the teams never played each other. I have no idea how you tie-break 2 teams that went 8-1, both lost to the 9-0 team that finished first & went 8-0 against everyone else in conference. I don’t want it to be committee or poll based. I don’t want a team getting rewarded for going 3-0 in OOC playing Rutgers & being 11-1 ending the season ranked #8 while the other team is 10-2 because they went 2-1 in OCC playing a premier P5 and end the season ranked #10.

valid points