Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4052815 times)

Cire, star seed 7 and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #32650 on: September 10, 2021, 07:04:12 PM »
Is UCF “southern” culturally?
Not as much as UF.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32651 on: September 10, 2021, 07:58:11 PM »
Is UCF “southern” culturally?
It's more Florida than Southern

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32652 on: September 10, 2021, 09:03:00 PM »
How comfortable are we that the league will remain at 12?  The KU AD is talking crap about conference revenues, and how KU doesn't belong in a shitty revenue environment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ku-jayhawks-athletic-director-travis-002816516.html
Jesse Newell
Fri, September 10, 2021, 7:28 PM
Kansas athletic director Travis Goff said Friday was “clearly a good day for the Big 12” in announcing four new members, but he remained noncommittal when it came to KU’s potentially pursuing other leagues in the future.

Goff, who spoke to reporters at Brooks Stadium about a half-hour before KU’s road game against Coastal Carolina, was asked whether Friday’s Big 12 news potentially stops other conversations while pursuing what’s best for KU.

“No. The beauty of it is, is when you think about being focused on what’s best for Kansas, that applies to anything we do,” Goff said. “It applies to conference affiliation. It applies to what we’re trying to achieve in our programs. It applies to the financial strength. It applies to fans and alumni engagement.

“And so regardless of all those dynamics, we stay centered and I believe more focused on what’s best for KU. What’s best for KU should be what drives us forward in whatever environment it is.”

Goff went on to speak about the importance of KU improving its stock in football before circling back to talk about the athletic department’s future.

“What’s best for Kansas doesn’t change regardless of conference discussion or speculation,” Goff said. “It’s still what’s best for KU, and it still puts us in the most positive, strengthened position we can be in the league we’re in most importantly, and for all the unknowns that are out there.”

Goff also was later asked if the Big 12 adding four teams “doesn’t close the door” on KU looking at something different in the future for conference play.

“Two months ago, nobody knew what was happening. So for us, it’s all about what we know. And what we know is we’ve got to get better in a variety of fashions,” Goff said. “And we have the most potential I think — I’m biased — but I think as much or more potential as any other A5 (Automatic 5), Power Five athletics program in the country. So that’s where we’re focused.”

Goff wasn’t shy about discussing the potential negative budget ramifications that will come from the league losing Texas and Oklahoma.

We're not necessarily talking about today, but if the Big 10 gets poached, it may open up a seat for KU as an AAU school.  There have been similar rumblings at WVU, which wants in the ACC.  Yeah, maybe not a candidate today, but like KU, further movement in realignment may bring that day.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32653 on: September 10, 2021, 09:22:25 PM »
KU is such a whore.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32655 on: September 10, 2021, 10:07:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1436355936067674112?s=21

We totally should, eff em every step of the way. They (texas and ou) were clearly induced to join the SEC with some sort of backdoor guarantee from espn/sec/aac to help blow up the big 12 so they could get out early, or else they wouldn't have made that jump nor done it in secret, IMO we should put them in the woodshed each step of the way and make it unbearable for them 
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32656 on: September 10, 2021, 10:10:42 PM »
How comfortable are we that the league will remain at 12?  The KU AD is talking crap about conference revenues, and how KU doesn't belong in a shitty revenue environment.

Jesse Newell
Kansas athletic director Travis Goff said Friday was “clearly a good day for the Big 12” in announcing four new members, but he remained noncommittal when it came to KU’s potentially pursuing other leagues in the future.

Goff, who spoke to reporters at Brooks Stadium about a half-hour before KU’s road game against Coastal Carolina, was asked whether Friday’s Big 12 news potentially stops other conversations while pursuing what’s best for KU.

“No. The beauty of it is, is when you think about being focused on what’s best for Kansas, that applies to anything we do,” Goff said. “It applies to conference affiliation. It applies to what we’re trying to achieve in our programs. It applies to the financial strength. It applies to fans and alumni engagement.

“And so regardless of all those dynamics, we stay centered and I believe more focused on what’s best for KU. What’s best for KU should be what drives us forward in whatever environment it is.”

Goff went on to speak about the importance of KU improving its stock in football before circling back to talk about the athletic department’s future.

“What’s best for Kansas doesn’t change regardless of conference discussion or speculation,” Goff said. “It’s still what’s best for KU, and it still puts us in the most positive, strengthened position we can be in the league we’re in most importantly, and for all the unknowns that are out there.”

Goff also was later asked if the Big 12 adding four teams “doesn’t close the door” on KU looking at something different in the future for conference play.

“Two months ago, nobody knew what was happening. So for us, it’s all about what we know. And what we know is we’ve got to get better in a variety of fashions,” Goff said. “And we have the most potential I think — I’m biased — but I think as much or more potential as any other A5 (Automatic 5), Power Five athletics program in the country. So that’s where we’re focused.”

Goff wasn’t shy about discussing the potential negative budget ramifications that will come from the league losing Texas and Oklahoma.

We're not necessarily talking about today, but if the Big 10 gets poached, it may open up a seat for KU as an AAU school.  There have been similar rumblings at WVU, which wants in the ACC.  Yeah, maybe not a candidate today, but like KU, further movement in realignment may bring that day.

Watching the hawk game secespn announcers were talking about ku, iowa state, and west virginia jumping as a possibility, real or imagined in their eyes. They want this whole thing to still implode in the worse way. I'd never say never, hell if 10 years ago you told me the big 12 would have BYU in the conference at some point I'd ask what you're smoking, but I also find it hard for anyone, especially post ACC-BIG-PAC alliance thing wanting to muddy the water more

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32657 on: September 10, 2021, 10:44:07 PM »
BYU people are lazy. I feel bad saying it because it’s a stereotype but I talk to hundreds of people in my industry every year and it’s known if you went to BYU you aren’t going to do what it takes to succeed. Not sure what’s behind that but it’s real. Anyway, eff Baylor.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32658 on: September 10, 2021, 10:56:06 PM »
I’ve been the biggest “no BYU” poster on this bbs, but screw it.  I’m in.  Will be nice to have some conference foes at the office water cooler.  And maybe they can be the new Big 12 villain.

They and UCF will fill the villain roles left by OU and UT quite well. Both fan bases have convinced themselves they are here to save the Big 12 and they will act like that for eternity even though they were just a couple of years ago both programs were bringing in literally couch cushion money in television revenue.

Here we go
https://www.deseret.com/2021/9/10/22666176/big-12-needed-byu-cougars-more-than-byu-needed-it

They can't help themselves. If they didn't have a conference and this Big/PAC/ACC scheduling alliance thing happens they would have been mumped. Did this person forget that they played in the Boca Raton Bowl like 9 months ago? I had to take to twitter for this one.

Be sure to tell them that we wish we would have taken Utah State. At least they are true aggies.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32659 on: September 10, 2021, 11:00:02 PM »

No, it would be way more diabolical to put them in separate divisions, denying them a game against each other for a year. Texas is in no shape to actually compete to finish top 2 in this conference by next year.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32660 on: September 10, 2021, 11:17:07 PM »
What about making them play all their conference games on the road? Seriously, could that be done?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32661 on: September 11, 2021, 12:12:28 AM »
What about making them play all their conference games on the road? Seriously, could that be done?

Why not, they swing from our nuts thanks to GOR, just gotta check if it's any sort of by-law

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #32662 on: September 11, 2021, 12:47:31 AM »

Why not, they swing from our nuts thanks to GOR, just gotta check if it's any sort of by-law
Can't you just vote to change the bylaws? Low BlIQ here.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32663 on: September 11, 2021, 01:12:37 AM »
Could we pay the exit fees for UH, Cinci, and UCF, then put TX, OU, Cinci, UH, BYU, UCF, Baylor, and TCU in the south division, and the rest in the north?  Have fun boys!

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #32664 on: September 11, 2021, 06:33:21 AM »
I want to be as petty as we can. Like OU and UT play each other 9 times in their own 2 team division kind of petty.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32665 on: September 11, 2021, 06:42:50 AM »

Jesse Newell

they might leave but KU (or WVU or ISU or whomever) leaving would not destroy the new league like OU/UT. They also aren't going to move the needle much in whatever new league they jump to.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #32666 on: September 11, 2021, 07:48:10 AM »
BYU people are lazy. I feel bad saying it because it’s a stereotype but I talk to hundreds of people in my industry every year and it’s known if you went to BYU you aren’t going to do what it takes to succeed. Not sure what’s behind that but it’s real. Anyway, eff Baylor.
Lack of caffeine

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32667 on: September 11, 2021, 07:50:12 AM »
Too busy bonin' their wives
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32668 on: September 11, 2021, 08:01:14 AM »
I want to be as petty as we can. Like OU and UT play each other 9 times in their own 2 team division kind of petty.

This and they all kick-off at 11 am

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32669 on: September 11, 2021, 08:15:01 AM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32670 on: September 11, 2021, 11:18:37 AM »

No, it would be way more diabolical to put them in separate divisions, denying them a game against each other for a year. Texas is in no shape to actually compete to finish top 2 in this conference by next year.

This
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #32671 on: September 11, 2021, 02:44:46 PM »
Cincin Aggie is ready!

https://twitter.com/GreggDoyelStar/status/1436774023606722561?s=19

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32672 on: September 11, 2021, 02:51:36 PM »

This and they all kick-off at 11 am

Would make donations to the conference if they did this.this

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32673 on: September 11, 2021, 10:19:58 PM »
As much as I like our Texas bros, maybe they are bringing down the conference with their football ineptness.  :frown:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #32674 on: September 11, 2021, 10:34:59 PM »
I'm honestly getting excited about the possibility of a cold mountain night game roadie in Utah.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12