Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4064277 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30925 on: July 23, 2021, 11:26:46 AM »
Enjoy the info you all drop in this thread for us OAF fans who won't do social media.

Who is the alpha male in the room when UT and OU aren't in the room?  What's the pecking order of the remaining 8?  Can OSU, TT, KSU, KU leverage themselves to find a landing spot?

Did I read that right that ATM right to veto another Texas school in SEC is verbal only and the guys who agreed to that are dead?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure its is just a crap show without TX/OK in the room. It appears to be every school for themselves or at least i'm hoping that KSU feels this way. KU is calling the B10, but who knows if they will listen. They bring zero to the table for the BIG aside from a basketball team that cheats its ass off and has pending NCAA issues. Does that even matter anymore? Who knows.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #30926 on: July 23, 2021, 11:28:51 AM »
Baylor might have the irrational confidence to try to alpha the room.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30928 on: July 23, 2021, 11:39:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/umterps/status/1418606115504508931
I just spit coffee all over my kitchen table.

Tom

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #30929 on: July 23, 2021, 11:48:36 AM »
this feels like recess with two captains and you're hoping you aren't the last one picked

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30931 on: July 23, 2021, 12:27:59 PM »
I guess the question is whether KSU adds value to a conference in terms of profile (we're kinda meh), or TV sets (we're not very big).  Objectively, our home would be C-USA or Mountain West, but we've convinced ourselves that we're a power conference university.  I'm hoping our representatives are persuasive.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #30932 on: July 23, 2021, 12:31:32 PM »
Enjoy the info you all drop in this thread for us OAF fans who won't do social media.

Who is the alpha male in the room when UT and OU aren't in the room?  What's the pecking order of the remaining 8?  Can OSU, TT, KSU, KU leverage themselves to find a landing spot?

Did I read that right that ATM right to veto another Texas school in SEC is verbal only and the guys who agreed to that are dead?

Tom

This is pretty good on a lot of that stuff: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31864932/potential-texas-oklahoma-move-sec-hurdles-domino-effects-know-far

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #30933 on: July 23, 2021, 12:57:21 PM »
I browsed some B10 boards just for giggles and there are some threads about KU to the B10. If you want some lols, check them out. I bet the Randy Jackson "Thatsanofrommedog.gif is in every thread you find and posted at least 10 times.  :)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30934 on: July 23, 2021, 01:01:42 PM »
So who all votes against this move over at the SEC?  ATM, MU, probably SC and probably UF?  All but MU have an instate school they need to be wary of.  SEC would love to add Clem and FSU but they would get vetod so those schools need to support ATM

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30936 on: July 23, 2021, 01:10:27 PM »
So who all votes against this move over at the SEC?  ATM, MU, probably SC and probably UF?  All but MU have an instate school they need to be wary of.  SEC would love to add Clem and FSU but they would get vetod so those schools need to support ATM

Arkansas should vote no as well.  Pretty stupid if they don't from a recruiting perspective. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30937 on: July 23, 2021, 01:12:12 PM »

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #30938 on: July 23, 2021, 01:13:15 PM »

Arkansas should vote no as well.  Pretty stupid if they don't from a recruiting perspective.

yeah, but Ark will be told to GTFO and do whatever the rest want. They want their check. These teams have given up on wins a long time ago.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30939 on: July 23, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »

"Did you know the Pioneer Woman is a USC grad??"
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30940 on: July 23, 2021, 01:16:10 PM »

yeah, but Ark will be told to GTFO and do whatever the rest want. They want their check. These teams have given up on wins a long time ago.

Ark isn't getting kicked out of the conference.  They can do whatever the eff they want. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30941 on: July 23, 2021, 01:17:41 PM »
it'll be a 13-1 vote. they all will fall in line
- chunkles

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #30942 on: July 23, 2021, 01:20:01 PM »

Ark isn't getting kicked out of the conference.  They can do whatever the eff they want.
Want to bet on how they vote even though it will obviously hurt the football by adding these teams? They will do what they are told.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30943 on: July 23, 2021, 01:38:05 PM »

Want to bet on how they vote even though it will obviously hurt the football by adding these teams? They will do what they are told.

No need to bet.  You are probably correct.  I don't get how universities like Arkansas and Mizzou coward like this.  There is no risk from them getting kicked out of the SEC.  If anyone has learned anything, lookout for yourself otherwise a knife in the back is coming. 

If someone can outline the ramifications of voting "no" when told to vote "yes" please outline them. 

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30944 on: July 23, 2021, 01:40:05 PM »
Are we mumped?  I hope we have been kissing the Pac-12's ass the past 24hrs.
Dax fan club member!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30945 on: July 23, 2021, 01:48:12 PM »
If you guys think the Pac-12 is going to pass on bringing in the the team with the best pregame tradition in the Big XII as named by ESPN.com then I don't know what to tell you.  We are set.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30946 on: July 23, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »
PAC 12 could use some fanbases with pride to amplify their brand.  We could create a new katPACPak. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30947 on: July 23, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »
No one will vote against it even though some schools should.

There will be a preliminary vote and Aggie Aggie will be the only vote against. Then the SEC will tell Aggie to get in line and present a united 14-0 vote.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30948 on: July 23, 2021, 01:56:40 PM »
This is all so nostalgic.

So barring some last minute major curve ball OU\UT are gone.  What happens next? My thought:

Big 10
  • Assuming that they stay with the AAU thing they would only look at KU and ISU
  • Neither move the $ needle enough to consider adding
  • I think they stand pat

ACC
  • They are hosed by their stupid long term deal with ESPN
  • None of the 8 orphans get ESPN to open up that contract (sorry WVU)
  • I think they stand pat

PAC 12
  • A PAC 20 that stretches to WVU seems too ridiculous to happen but it is the PAC so chances are not 0, let's say 5%
  • If they go PAC 16 who get the Golden Tickets?  I think Tech is #1 because it gives them Texas recruiting foothold.  2a\b are OSU and KU just for branding (mainly BB).  I think #4 comes down to ISU and KSU with ISU getting the edge for AAU status
  • Probably 60\40 the $s say they stand pat but if they do make a move we are likely first runner up

Others
  • If the other leagues stand pat then we likely add 2-4 schools and become the top G5 league.  If the playoffs still adopt the Top 6 ranked conf. champs getting in, we actually would have a decent path to playoffs
  • If Pac picks 4 then other 4 likely scatter
  • Wildcard prediction: Sometime between now and before they actually start playing in the SEC we all break away from NCAA and form some 65 team super league

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30949 on: July 23, 2021, 01:56:44 PM »
This is our best hope