Author Topic: DAX!!!!  (Read 20486 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: DAX!!!!
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2015, 03:37:20 PM »
Pro tip, kids:  when it comes to athletic budgets, bigger is better. 

An athletic department isn't run like a fortune 500 company.  The #1 goal of an AD isn't to return a profit to its shareholders.  The goal is to win championships.  Period.  AD's that have larger budgets can spend more on non-revenue sports, coaches, facilities, marketing, recruiting, etc, etc.  There's a reason why KU basketball is competing for national championships and has won ten straight Big 12 titles, and it's because they've invested in coaches, facilities, recruiting, etc, etc.  K-State is getting there, and you guys should be proud of your school, but please, quit pretending like "profit" is somehow more important to an AD than operating revenue.  For once in your lives, think for yourselves instead of regurgitating a bunch of K-State propaganda from John Currie and his minions.

:buh-bye:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »
don't over think it. ku basketball is good because they've had 3 straight homerun hall of fame level hires. lots of schools invest financially.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2015, 03:41:53 PM »
beems, what are you guys spending that money on? just curious. probably like womens stuff or junk?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2015, 03:42:15 PM »
so turning a profit is bad?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2015, 03:42:56 PM »
you guys (ku fans) must really like basketball.  I mean, really, really like it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »

For a non-profit?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2015, 03:44:03 PM »

For a non-profit?

will the money not go back into coaches/facilities/etc?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2015, 03:48:10 PM »
That is an important clarification that someone ITK needs to make. Where does this profit go?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »
That is an important clarification that someone ITK needs to make. Where does this profit go?

Towards our awesome new facilities that seem to increase in budget after they get kicked off.  Also towards white-glove services for the fans who like to be wined and dined during games.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »

Towards our awesome new facilities that seem to increase in budget after they get kicked off.  Also towards white-glove services for the fans who like to be wined and dined during games.

That can't be right.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2015, 03:57:27 PM »

An athletic department isn't run like a fortune 500 company.  The #1 goal of an AD isn't to return a profit to its shareholders.  The goal is to win championships.  Period.  AD's that have larger budgets can spend more on non-revenue sports, coaches, facilities, marketing, recruiting, etc, etc.  There's a reason why KU basketball is competing for national championships and has won ten straight Big 12 titles, and it's because they've invested in coaches, facilities, recruiting, etc, etc.  K-State is getting there, and you guys should be proud of your school, but please, quit pretending like "profit" is somehow more important to an AD than operating revenue.  For once in your lives, think for yourselves instead of regurgitating a bunch of K-State propaganda from John Currie and his minions.

:confused:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »

:confused:

DEBRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2015, 04:25:55 PM »
When we add giving to revenue ours is bigger :schwing: :boner:

Also, our house is nicer and our yard isn't full of old appliances and yard art.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2015, 04:27:51 PM »

Also, our house is nicer and our yard isn't full of old appliances and yard art.

Its always been a dream of theirs to fix up that old car. They're just about to get going on it

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2015, 04:32:09 PM »

Its always been a dream of theirs to fix up that old car. They're just about to get going on it

Memorial Stadium is an El Camino up on blocks in the front yard.  Beems is the owner telling his neighbors that El Camino is gonna get fixed up real nice any day now.  She'll be a real beauty, just be patient.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2015, 04:39:38 PM »
When was the last time one of you guys set foot in AFH?  KU has been doing tons of upgrades to AFH and other athletic facilities.  I'm not sure why you find it so surprising, but it's true.  Pretty much every athletic facility on KU's campus (and off campus) has been upgraded and/or built since 2008.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2015, 04:42:53 PM »
lol at bragging about the Anderson football complex. Good luck incorporating that Russian elementary school into whatever you guys decide to do with your football stadium in 30 years!
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »
I was there last year and it smelt like an old persons home.  :Yuck:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2015, 04:44:35 PM »
why it God's name would you include a pic of Memorial?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2015, 04:45:20 PM »
I went to a game in AFH last year. The upgrades are nice. Although, I was towards the top of the arena, and it was January, and it was easily 88 degrees where I was sitting, seems like they could upgrade the HVAC to not just have the people sitting up high burn to death but whatevs.

I went to the Dillons football game in Memorial in 2013 and it was embarrassingly terrible how run down it is. I'm not GE'ing Beems. It was awful. The little building on the side of the hill might be nice, I don't know, never been inside. If the other sports have nice facilities then that is great.

I'm not sure why, if ku is a sleeping giant, the powers that be are so content to let the giant keep hitting the snooze button.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2015, 04:45:56 PM »
lol at bragging about the Anderson football complex. Good luck incorporating that Russian elementary school into whatever you guys decide to do with your football stadium in 30 years!

It's nicer than K-State's old facility, and regardless what you think about it, it's a relatively new facility that was just finished six years ago.

I was there last year and it smelt like an old persons home.  :Yuck:

I was there in December, and it smelt like popcorn and concession stands.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »
I thought it smelled like when you first turn the furnace on

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »
I went to a game in AFH last year. The upgrades are nice. Although, I was towards the top of the arena, and it was January, and it was easily 88 degrees where I was sitting, seems like they could upgrade the HVAC to not just have the people sitting up high burn to death but whatevs.

I went to the Dillons football game in Memorial in 2013 and it was embarrassingly terrible how run down it is. I'm not GE'ing Beems. It was awful. The little building on the side of the hill might be nice, I don't know, never been inside. If the other sports have nice facilities then that is great.

I'm not sure why, if ku is a sleeping giant, the powers that be are so content to let the giant keep hitting the snooze button.

Yeah, the football stadium needs work.  Every other facility on campus is pretty much state of the art, though.  Look, I get it... KU football sucks.  There are other sports besides football, though, and hopefully in a year or so, an announcement will be made for significant football stadium upgrades.  Winning would help a lot, obviously. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
why it God's name would you include a pic of Memorial?

Because they've done millions of dollars worth of work on it since 2007.  I know, it's still terrible.  I get it.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »
Those were some pretty neat facilities. I admit. It's just that the biggest one, the one that generally makes the most money, is in shambles. It's like parking your Camaro SS, BMW X5, Land Rover, Maserati, and Ferrari in front of your double wide though. That's how I feel about KU's facilities.  :dunno: