Author Topic: Anyone have questions for PoetWarrior?  (Read 35324 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have questions for PoetWarrior?
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2015, 09:34:20 PM »
PW, do you live in St Marys?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2015, 09:36:16 PM »
Did you have enough time to think about my earlier question re: timbre matching?

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2015, 10:30:45 PM »
pw, please explain why jesus had to die to redeem people, that part has always confused me.  why couldn't god just be like "it's all good".  seems pretty human sacrificey

God could have, I suppose, but it would have been like cheating a perfect system. Jesus' sacrifice defeated sin and death and through God's grace can cleanse us and provide a bridge that can get us back to the perfection we once knew with God before sin entered the world.

so we are trying to get back to the 10 min that adam and eve were alive before the tree incident?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2015, 10:39:27 PM »
I don't have a response to the article you posted other that "ok." and that I'm aware of at least one Christian who is smarter than at least one atheist.

Haha
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2015, 10:45:40 PM »
pw, please explain why jesus had to die to redeem people, that part has always confused me.  why couldn't god just be like "it's all good".  seems pretty human sacrificey

God could have, I suppose, but it would have been like cheating a perfect system. Jesus' sacrifice defeated sin and death and through God's grace can cleanse us and provide a bridge that can get us back to the perfection we once knew with God before sin entered the world.

so we are trying to get back to the 10 min that adam and eve were alive before the tree incident?

Things were perfect before our choices messed it all up(eating of the forbidden fruit in the garden), resulting in pain, death etc. We don't have the ability to get it back. We needed help.  We are all guilty. Sinful by nature and choice. But we got help, if we believe in Him.

so, if we were created in his likeness, why did we eff up so easily/early? is he not perfect?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2015, 12:26:07 AM »
have you seen ex machina?  did you like it?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2015, 12:54:51 AM »
To what end, disturbing the dust on a bowl of Roses?

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2015, 07:32:18 AM »
Things were perfect before our choices messed it all up(eating of the forbidden fruit in the garden), resulting in pain, death etc. We don't have the ability to get it back. We needed help.  We are all guilty. Sinful by nature and choice. But we got help, if we believe in Him.

so, if we were created in his likeness, why did we eff up so easily/early? is he not perfect?

Our likeness to God is in our personal nature. Christianity is the only religion whose God is both infinite and personal and what sets it apart as the only one that works. We are given access to Him which is unique and necessary as we are obviously personal beings who need to communicate with each other, love, etc.

He also gave us choice, however, and Adam and Eve were tempted and sinned as a result. God didn't create robots, he created personal beings who He could have a real relationship with.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »
have you seen ex machina?  did you like it?

I liked it OK. I thought the trailers conveyed a more sinister tone that was lacking in the actual motion picture that would have helped it succeed. But it was interesting to think about, the AI. I wondered afterward if it is ever moral to see a nude body of one not your own.

What is immoral about it?

The Big Train

« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2015, 02:33:31 PM »

Our likeness to God is in our personal nature. Christianity is the only religion whose God is both infinite and personal and what sets it apart as the only one that works. We are given access to Him which is unique and necessary as we are obviously personal beings who need to communicate with each other, love, etc.

He also gave us choice, however, and Adam and Eve were tempted and sinned as a result. God didn't create robots, he created personal beings who He could have a real relationship with.

let me ask you this, if adam and eve were the first people, and biblical scholars seem to think were on earth ~6000 years ago, why do we have a chronological record of different species of humans up until ~15,000 years ago?  why do we have fossils that shows the evolution of hominoids back over 2 million years?  did god just put all that stuff in the ground so dumb people like me would question him and be sent to hell?  or in your blind faith do you not even think about it because it leads down a road of proving it isnt real?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2015, 03:52:20 PM »
If you are not able to conceive of a way that this could happen, then you aren't very smart. I am pretty sure you are smart, so I'll assume you just aren't trying. It doesn't feel like you are gEing, but I could be wrong.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »
Do you often eat lunch? What did you have for lunch today?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2015, 01:38:54 PM »
the crunchy peanut butter is the hack then?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
wow

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »
what form do your lunch carrots take? baby carrots? crinkle cut chips?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2015, 05:48:10 PM »
Baby carrots are the Jesus of carrots  :thumbs:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »

Should efficacy be the grounds for a system of beliefs over veracity?  It would seem awfully convenient for something to be both the most effective and the most in line with reality. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »
What brand PB?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2015, 09:53:01 PM »
Great Value? Best Choice? Kirkland?

The Big Train

« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »
was that last question directed at me or herrsonntag?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2015, 10:01:07 PM »
If I speak of these things and argue and defend to save others from eternal damnation, why do you do it? What is to be gained by proving me wrong?
Hopefully, a world most concerned with the here and now, embracing the one shot we all have at making something of our existence.

And no, it was not BT

The Big Train

« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2015, 10:04:19 PM »
i mean im just breaking PW balls(vag?)

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2015, 12:46:09 PM »
I'm talking to anyone that has shown disagreement at any point.

One thing I want to make clear. Christianity is not simply a comfort or something that due to tradition I've gravitated towards. It is the truth. It answers the necessary questions men should have about why they exist, why we think and act the way that we do and what else is there beyond us. If you have ever asked any of these questions, science or other beliefs cannot adequately answer them and you know that. But the true God who is there, can, and He's calling you to himself.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »
Aw man, I thought we were this close to getting PW to renounce his faith and accept nothingness.  Moving on:  I'm now taking bets on which of PW's agitators will be the first to reject nothingness and turn to God's Truth, as revealed by the 17th-century English poet John Milton?