Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 371136 times)

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #6150 on: January 16, 2024, 09:40:25 AM »
What's the breakdown on cuts and stuff when one gets a side of beef?
Its up to you and the locker, they'll ask you what you want or often will have a cut card

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #6151 on: January 16, 2024, 01:28:36 PM »
https://youtu.be/1qReSsWr7Gw?si=St-hzHx3qJse6TmP

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: January 16, 2024, 02:48:04 PM »
https://youtu.be/1qReSsWr7Gw?si=St-hzHx3qJse6TmP

Tom

After 48 seconds of watching, i'm convinced that guy owns the sharpest knife in the world.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: January 16, 2024, 05:11:11 PM »
It's an art to keep a boning knife sharp with a steel. I used to marvel at the pros on the line that could debone 100s of those loins a day.  Note they wear chain mail under their aprons.  They aren't deboning at packing plant speed, but one stray swipe with one of those things can be fatal.

Tom

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: January 16, 2024, 08:10:13 PM »
in spain, beef from old cows and steers is considered higher quality and costs more than beef from young animals.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: January 16, 2024, 09:59:35 PM »
in spain, beef from old cows and steers is considered higher quality and costs more than beef from young animals.

There is a reason spain had a 200+ year head start on settling the america's and blew it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: January 17, 2024, 09:05:33 AM »
They also sword fight cows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: January 17, 2024, 10:55:35 AM »
I've heard in Spain they also stick their head up a cow's ass to see how good the T-bone will be, so there's that

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: January 17, 2024, 01:51:57 PM »

American's used to do that too before the pure food and drug act!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: January 17, 2024, 01:56:25 PM »
I was watching a Rick steves thing about Madrid and he ate some ham that was from free range pigs that only ate acorns.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: January 17, 2024, 01:58:17 PM »
If you think that's impressive, you should learn about Zuck raising premium cows in Hawaii by only feeding them macadamia nuts.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: January 17, 2024, 03:26:11 PM »
I’m irl going to search out zucks cows in July when I’m there and try to get some pics of them for the content

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: January 17, 2024, 03:44:20 PM »
I’m irl going to search out zucks cows in July when I’m there and try to get some pics of them for the content

How will we know they are his cows and you aren't just pulling a fast one?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: January 17, 2024, 04:16:04 PM »

Maybe re-read this entire thread before you asking me something like that again you son of a bitch

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: January 17, 2024, 05:03:26 PM »

Maybe re-read this entire thread before you asking me something like that again you son of a bitch

Very well versed at your cow knowledge and access to "non Zuck" cows. Seems even more suspicious now that I think about it. Those cows better better be wearing VR goggles in the pics or i'm calling you out.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6165 on: January 17, 2024, 07:28:57 PM »
If you think that's impressive, you should learn about Zuck raising premium cows in Hawaii by only feeding them macadamia nuts.
HE FEEDS THEM BEER TOO

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: January 20, 2024, 05:19:38 PM »
The new chicken Hilton.

Tom

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: January 20, 2024, 08:58:51 PM »
Awesome. Do they needs some kind of heater to keep warm in cold temps? What is the lowest temp they safely tolerate. How do you keep foxes from killing them?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: January 20, 2024, 08:59:28 PM »
The new chicken Hilton.

Tom

Reminds me of a story my dad told me last month when I was pheasant hunting....

I saw a rooster flying super high over me, like up where ducks fly and mentioned it to my dad.

"Yeah, I've seen that a couple of times. One time I was hunting with grandpa when I was a kid and he told me not to waste the ammo...anyways I led it a bunch and actually hit it...when we got to it I realized he wasn't actually dead, no pellets in it and it was knocked out"

"Grandpa told me to ring its neck and put it in the bag but I was a kid and wanted to keep it... anyways it lived in the chicken coop with the chickens and I named it "Phicken" thinking I could breed it with the chickens"

(Me intrigued) "so did it work? What happened?"

"Fox or coyote got in the pen a couple weeks later and killed it and some others"

End of story

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: January 20, 2024, 09:01:47 PM »
Awesome. Do they needs some kind of heater to keep warm in cold temps? What is the lowest temp they safely tolerate. How do you keep foxes from killing them?
Last pic it looks like there is some electrical hookup for heat lamps

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: January 20, 2024, 09:06:11 PM »
I can't tell from the picture if that electricity is for heat lamps or a radio. Some chickens lay better eggs when they listen to classical music.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: January 20, 2024, 10:14:32 PM »
Hell yeah brother

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: January 20, 2024, 10:44:11 PM »
They also sword fight cows

SD, I think you mean bulls you SW KS farm boy. :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: January 21, 2024, 03:54:14 PM »
Heifers wintering at the cousins lot looked good post storm on Saturday.  Cousin, not so much after multiple trips up the silo for repairs. 

Tagged along to the seed dealer customer appreciation chili feed just to get out of the house.  I am really coveting one of these overhead radiant heaters for the barn.

Tom

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #6174 on: January 21, 2024, 06:18:58 PM »
Easy install with your handyman skills.