Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 356151 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5425 on: February 10, 2023, 12:32:33 PM »
which seed company will murder you if you try and save their seeds to use next year?

Offline farming_cat fan

• Fan
  • Feeding the World
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5426 on: February 10, 2023, 01:06:23 PM »
which seed company will murder you if you try and save their seeds to use next year?
All of them, but notoriously Monsanto. Most corn and soybean seed purchases require a signed contract stating that the grain won't be kept back for planting.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: February 10, 2023, 01:47:37 PM »
small town kansas farmers fly personal jets irl way more than city people per capita. obviously geography plays a part but also in my experience so does just being big time at doing cow farming. also everyone has their pilots license. both my parents did and we owned an obviously non-jet beechcraft bonanza when I was growing up which I've talked about on here.
The nickname of the Beechcraft Bonanza is “doctor killer”. I’ve never asked my dad how many doctors he shot down in it but will next time I talk to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The Fork-Tailed Doctor Killer."

The SW KS farmers much be much wealthier than the north central KS variety. I only knew one farmer who had a plane and he was mostly a crop duster, not a farmer. Sadly, he died in a plane crash while flying near Ness City in the late 1990s. Investigators determined that carbon monoxide had leaked into the cabin of the plane.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: February 10, 2023, 02:56:46 PM »
i never understood why rich people are so eager to die in plane crashes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: February 10, 2023, 02:56:54 PM »
small town kansas farmers fly personal jets irl way more than city people per capita. obviously geography plays a part but also in my experience so does just being big time at doing cow farming. also everyone has their pilots license. both my parents did and we owned an obviously non-jet beechcraft bonanza when I was growing up which I've talked about on here.
The nickname of the Beechcraft Bonanza is “doctor killer”. I’ve never asked my dad how many doctors he shot down in it but will next time I talk to him.

The SW KS farmers much be much wealthier than the north central KS variety. I only knew one farmer who had a plane and he was mostly a crop duster, not a farmer. Sadly, he died in a plane crash while flying near Ness City in the late 1990s. Investigators determined that carbon monoxide had leaked into the cabin of the plane.

At lease he died in his sleep; kind of like grampa, and not kicking and screaming like his passengers.  ;)
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: February 10, 2023, 03:55:27 PM »

At lease he died in his sleep; kind of like grampa, and not kicking and screaming like his passengers.  ;)
That's pretty messed up, katpappy

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: February 10, 2023, 03:56:44 PM »
the old "I don't think there's anything wrong but the wife made me get checked out" line you get from these farmers.

https://twitter.com/EM_RESUS/status/1624139824062922752?s=20&t=N8IUXOvvQ5kNoFGheQ4_JA

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: February 15, 2023, 07:19:57 PM »
the old "I don't think there's anything wrong but the wife made me get checked out" line you get from these farmers.

https://twitter.com/EM_RESUS/status/1624139824062922752?s=20&t=N8IUXOvvQ5kNoFGheQ4_JA

I lol'd at this

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: February 15, 2023, 07:21:35 PM »
BRB, gonna put up a greenhouse at the cat ranch

https://youtu.be/ZD_3_gsgsnk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My dad was out cosplaying farmer today and was super excited he got to help Nate load up  some feeders...going to Nebraska apparently.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
SQUARES THE BEEF BEN JI! (if they are going to end up going to Wendy's, otherwise disregard)

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Is that the lazy JI brand?  Those pics trigger a lot of memories.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
nice cows, ben ji.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
nice looking bunch of calves

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
farmer wants a wife debuts tonight on fox, 8pm central!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is that the lazy JI brand?  Those pics trigger a lot of memories.

Tom

No idea on what the official brand is but I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Watching this between big12 tourney games and it is pretty LOL so far

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Watching this between big12 tourney games and it is pretty LOL so far

that’s entertainment, buddy

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LOL, one of these "farmers" has a FORTY SIX ACRE RANCH.

Lets write a real script for "Farmer wants a wife" KS version. Here are my 4 contestants

Ron - 43 year old NW KS farmer, inherited 3000 acres of dryland farming/ranching land and is an aspiring land baron. Never married because Jessica left in in 2000 and he hasn't recovered.

Jordy - 37 year old flint hills rancher who was incredibly successful in a high pressure career and saved enough money in that career to retire early and buy some land where he was from. Local's love him but also hate that he has more money to buy up land they want.

Zeke - 28 year old Hired man, owns no land and has bounced around the plains working on harvest crews and as a hired man. Most attractive of the 4 but has a couple run ins with the law that will add some drama later in the season.

Kayden - 24 year old from Miami county whose family grows 400 acres of row crops on the edge of JOCO and is waiting for a developer to make the right offer. 5 horses (aunts own them)  and lots of dirt bikes/Polaris's etc.

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Juvenile?

Tom

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

LOL, one of these "farmers" has a FORTY SIX ACRE RANCH.

Lets write a real script for "Farmer wants a wife" KS version. Here are my 4 contestants

Ron - 43 year old NW KS farmer, inherited 3000 acres of dryland farming/ranching land and is an aspiring land baron. Never married because Jessica left in in 2000 and he hasn't recovered.

Jordy - 37 year old flint hills rancher who was incredibly successful in a high pressure career and saved enough money in that career to retire early and buy some land where he was from. Local's love him but also hate that he has more money to buy up land they want.

Zeke - 28 year old Hired man, owns no land and has bounced around the plains working on harvest crews and as a hired man. Most attractive of the 4 but has a couple run ins with the law that will add some drama later in the season.

Kayden - 24 year old from Miami county whose family grows 400 acres of row crops on the edge of JOCO and is waiting for a developer to make the right offer. 5 horses (aunts own them)  and lots of dirt bikes/Polaris's etc.

Kayden also runs john deere equipment that he trades in every three years.

Otherwise pretty damn good, Benji.

Tom

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Juvenile?

Tom

Oh that's just Tina. Pretty wild chick.