Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 370089 times)

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
#1 sends these to me.  Some farmer painting his equipment purple.  Appreciate the enthusiasm, but let's work in some lavender or silver rims.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Spring break week concluded today.   In between the cats March Madness games Tater sbd I got a little farm time in.
Checked out a Farmall on the drive, not sure if it's for sale.  Stocked another quarry pond with bait fish.  Let them reproduce for a year then come back with bass, crappie, etc.  Had to replace a tube for drive access to one of the crop fields.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Spring break week concluded today.   In between the cats March Madness games Tater sbd I got a little farm time in.
Checked out a Farmall on the drive, not sure if it's for sale.  Stocked another quarry pond with bait fish.  Let them reproduce for a year then come back with bass, crappie, etc.  Had to replace a tube for drive access to one of the crop fields.

Does that "Tube" connect to another tube I can't see or what does it do? (Only familiar with WKS farms where it barely rains)

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
That tube allows the water to run on down the hill in the ditch.  The pictures deceiving that ditch is fairly deep.  Dirt and 8 inches of rock on top and that tube will support equipment and trucks pulling into the field.

Tom

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Every time I see a glimpse of Tater I am reminded of how lucky Tom is to have him.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hey city boy, it's called a culvert
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A picture of 4 of the apple trees (planted with cow manure). The larger trees behind the apple seedlings are pear trees my uncle planted a couple of years ago. There is a water faucet thing by the quisonet building so Im guessing that is where the automatic watering device will connect to.

Also LOL at the "Danger Keep out" sign on the collapsing out building my dad put up sometime in the last year.

You can also see the incinerator (aka 2 steel drums welded together with hatches at top and bottom) that i cleaned out last year when i was trying to do something productive.
My brother finally ran a soaker hose to the apple and pear tree's that were recently planted, even put some chicken wire around them to keep the dam rabbits out.

We are going to have so much fruit in like 10 years assuming we continue to water them  24/7 365.

See that old falling down tool shed in the backround? Apparently my dad burned it down as the way to get rid of it in the last 3 months and is now taking some of the junk in it to the local scrap yard to get like $20 a load. He is living his best life.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
YOLO

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
At the junkyard waiting for his money.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also maybe half of those tree's he planted 3 years ago are still alive and thats probably only because when I'm out there i give them a 15min soak from the pump/hose out there. For some reason my dad's drip sprinkler system just doesnt work! The trees he planted by the lawn sprinkler system are doing great tho!

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Every time I see a glimpse of Tater I am reminded of how lucky Tom is to have him.
Tater struggling with a leg injury so I am little worried about my sidekick. Tried to reduce his activity and anti inflammatory, but I fear the injury maybe worse than a sprain or  bruise.  Going back to see what the Dr says .

Tom

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 09:32:05 PM by KST8FAN »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Tater struggling with a leg injury so I am little worried about my sidekick. Tried to reduce his activity and anti inflammatory, but I fear the injury maybe worse than a sprain or  bruise.  Going back to see what the Dr says .

Tom

what anti inflammatory are you using?  our puppy did something to her leg too, sometimes she has been dragging it a little

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

Tom

:frown:  Hope he gets feeling better, the dude is a rockstar IMO
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
So my awesome spouse does not allow me to play farm alone so she rides along. In exchange we hang around a little longer so she can fish.  This is my sunset submission for this weekend.

Tom

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Finished the new culvert just in time for planting.  Dropped a load of rock on it to finish the fill

Tom

« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 08:20:32 PM by KST8FAN »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Nicely done Tom

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
do you have to clear it with anyone to dig next to the road like that?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
do you have to clear it with anyone to dig next to the road like that?
This is Shawnee County so you have to get a right of way permit from public works.  They have to approve the location.  Also submitted a dig safe request before we started.

Tom

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Might be looking into acquiring a mini excavator for work. Anyone with experience let me know. Primary and almost sole use would be trenching for pool plumbing. Fitting inside a 3’ gate is a must.

pretty sure Cat, Bobcat, & Deere are outside what I would be wanting to spend. Thinking about Kubota. Parts and service centers abound with them. Other option would be by some off-brand online for about half the cost, including shipping, and hope for the best. Realistically could save about 50% going that route, just not sure if setting myself up for issues when it comes to needing service/parts.

Speak to me people with knowledge

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Fitting inside a 3’ gate is a must.

man, that's tiny.  didn't know they came that small.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fitting inside a 3’ gate is a must.

man, that's tiny.  didn't know they came that small.

Yep, they do and they are small.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I've run the tiny little baby ones but they have all been rented. They have absolutely no breakout power but I'm sure you're aware of that and still beats a shovel.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've run the tiny little baby ones but they have all been rented. They have absolutely no breakout power but I'm sure you're aware of that and still beats a shovel.

Oh yes, I absolutely know what breakout power is.  I am having a difficult time explaining it to my buddy though. Maybe you could tell him how you would explain it so I can pass that along to him so he will understand.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Past sand and topsoil you may find the little fella wanting if you get into fill dirt. I don't know how deep you'll need to dig in texas, so just a consideration.