Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 355913 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
i think it's just about getting good deals

farmers dont need school busses but they arent going to turn one down if it's a good deal

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
i think it's just about getting good deals

farmers dont need school busses but they arent going to turn one down if it's a good deal
This is for sure how farmers are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
@KST8FAN Get in here and tell me if my dad made the correct tractor selection for breaking out the pasture.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Disc, mini sweeps, tines ... make up your mind implement!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
where's the damn harvester?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
@KST8FAN Get in here and tell me if my dad made the correct tractor selection for breaking out the pasture.

Seems way too big for 200 acres. He should have went with something smaller so he could milk this pointless endeavor for all it's worth.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also that seems like pasture could either tear that thing up or not do much to the pasture. Depends on the ground. I've never used I've of those things in my life though so whatever

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Seems way too big for 200 acres. He should have went with something smaller so he could milk this pointless endeavor for all it's worth.

He didn't buy it, its the new tenant's tractor. My dad is just breaking out the pasture for him because he has nothing else to do.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

he's feeding america's heartland

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He didn't buy it, its the new tenant's tractor. My dad is just breaking out the pasture for him because he has nothing else to do.
lmao

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I know, he should have asked for something smaller

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Nice looking rig but the implement looks a bit lightweight for breaking out pasture unless the soil is really sandy.

Did anyone else grow up playing THE FARMING GAME? It was kind of like monopoly but with farm thing. If I could go over to my cool older cousins house and get her to play that game with me for a couple of hours, it was like the most awesome thing that could happen.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There really is no wrong equipment choice here.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Is that like a 30 ft disc cultivator?  The tractor horse power is justified if your breaking up sod.  Green, but not JD green so possibly Great Plains brand?  I am RG color blind AF so it could be the light.

Tell dad to wind it up and drop that sucker into the ground until the wheels are off the ground.

Also note my experience was a 90 hp tractor pulling a 23 ft spring tooth.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Are there any power poles on the property.  How is your dad's depth perception when running something like this?

Tom

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
https://youtu.be/CBvdw6PR0dc

I saw one of these on my Kinze tour a couple years ago.  Blowing thru downed corn after the Derecho.  That would make quick work of 200 acres of pasture.

Tom

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are there any power poles on the property.  How is your dad's depth perception when running something like this?

Tom

No power poles just a buried high powered line for the windmills along the fence line where the buffer strip is. I'm assuming that if he hit that he wouldn't be texting me pictures of the tractor he has been cosplaying in all day.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
just a buried high powered line for the windmills along the fence line where the buffer strip is.

that's at least three foot deep, probably four.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've convinced my dad to worry about it and to leave plenty of room between the buried line and the field so that he doesn't jeopardize his sweet sweet wind money (and also so I have some prime pheasant hunting area).

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pretty awesome that your dad's tenant is turning him loose with over $50k worth of his equipment

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
https://youtu.be/CBvdw6PR0dc

I saw one of these on my Kinze tour a couple years ago.  Blowing thru downed corn after the Derecho.  That would make quick work of 200 acres of pasture.

Tom

That's a total waste of time on pasture.  You need a 4/5/or 6 bottom plow set 16" deep to turn pasture into field.  But LOL on knocking down weeds with that contraption.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
just a buried high powered line for the windmills along the fence line where the buffer strip is.

that's at least three foot deep, probably four.

Four foot for distribution, but transmission is deeper depending on voltage.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
i was assuming these were feeder lines from turbines to a substation.  i've never worked on a project where they've buried high voltage lines.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
i was assuming these were feeder lines from turbines to a substation.  i've never worked on a project where they've buried high voltage lines.

This is the size of HV UG cable my son(lineman) was involved with:
https://www.taya.com.tw/proimages/in-product/01/161kv_xlpe_underground_transmission_cable_en.pdfe                                                                                                       
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 11:04:41 PM by Katpappy »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
God damnit Katdaddy, did you just hack me?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite