Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 355898 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Great update. I’m setting the odds that your pops proclaimed pic 3 to be a mountain lion at 2:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He didnt confirm it in the email but just confirmed it now in person. Was talking about how he got a holster so he could have a pistol when he walked around the windbreak due to mountain lions.

He also said my cousin killed a bobcat out there a couple weeks ago but the cat in the trail cam was definitely a mountian lion "you can tell by how long the tail is"

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
He also said my cousin killed a bobcat out there a couple weeks ago but the cat in the trail cam was definitely a mountian lion "you can tell by how long the tail is"

western kansas hayseeds will literally shoot any animal they come across.  on one pheasant hunting trip in gove county, the hayseed hosts i was with shot both an owl and a porcupine.   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Great update. I’m setting the odds that your pops proclaimed pic 3 to be a mountain lion at 2:1.

He didnt confirm it in the email but just confirmed it now in person. Was talking about how he got a holster so he could have a pistol when he walked around the windbreak due to mountain lions.

lmao

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

western kansas hayseeds will literally shoot any animal they come across.  on one pheasant hunting trip in gove county, the hayseed hosts i was with shot both an owl and a porcupine.

I didn't know there were porcupine in Kansas. Learn something new on gE everyday.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Coyote/Bobcat fur is so hot right now.

https://www.apnews.com/b45b658887bd4651925a0bdc7cc2bb9a

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was wondering about coyote hunting and its open season 24/7 365. You can just blast them on sight if you have a hunting license

Coyote
Date: 01/01/2018 - 01/01/2019
Season Dates (statewide): All year
Season Limit: No limit

There is no closed season for trapping or hunting coyotes. Motor vehicles and radios in vehicles may be used to hunt coyotes only. Furharvester license is required to trap and sell; hunting license is required to hunt and sell.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You have to have a license to hunt coyotes? Is that new?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

lmao

Also you should tell him that he’s 100% accurate that the tail is too long to be a bobcat.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You have to have a license to hunt coyotes? Is that new?

I think the license referenced is just your generic hunting license you get every year.

My cousin made what i would describe as a mobile duck blind, some enclosure on a trailer with seating inside. He parks it in different pastures and waits, will also chase them in vehicles and blast any he comes across on site.

Skins all of them for the fur so us city folk can wear our $1000 canadian goose jackets.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Built an alley and set gate 30' off the blacktop so you can get off the highway with truck, trailer.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Built an alley and set gate 30' off the blacktop so you can get off the highway with truck, trailer.

Tom

Tom out here doing real farm work....My dad keeps saying he is going to replace a very small section of fence but i dont think he has done it yet (and he probably doesnt know how)....busy tending his herd of cats.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Meet Bobbi. Pregnant, round, bad eye but very docile, loves to be petted.  Lost half of tail a yr ago.  Very gentile.  Strong pur motor.  Good cat, about 3 yr old.  Lives in Morton barn.  Likes all visitors and especially pets.  Give lots of extra pets when you see her.

Bobbi is a god damn champion farm cat IMO. No excuses, shows up to work every day with her lunch pale and does everything you could want without complaining, a true farm cats farm cat.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm going to try and get my dad to send of picture and brief description of each farm cat he has named.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was going back through my dads emails looking for any other cats he may have named and that was actually Bobbi's second time being featured! Here she is last fall...Although back then her name was "Bobby". I'm guessing he changed the Y to an I after she got preggers and he realized she was a female.

Bobby On truck hood after milk n bread feeding.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Burn day at the hobby farm. First time I've participated.

Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did you get a rake or a four wheeler?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I drove a gator
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Congrats!  :cheers:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Burn day at the hobby farm. First time I've participated.

People will actually pay for this experience which I find amazing.

https://www.kcur.org/post/participatory-prairie-burning-flint-hills

Tom

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's fun to watch as long as long as the wind isn't blowing your direction.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Finished fence repairs in time for the renter to drop his cow-calf pairs off.  This little crap decided he would make a bee line north while the herd went south.  Determined, wiggled thru the fence and proceeded to lead us on a mile chase.  Three of us on foot, in pickuo, and on Gator finally wrangled and returned it to the herd.

Tom

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:25:01 AM by KST8FAN »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bobbi with her "strong pur motor" is the best thing i've read lately.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So "lil lil" (former barn kitten runt my dad adopted) got in a scrap with "Tom Tom" (the dominant male barn cat who is probably her father.)

"Tom Tom" hangs out by the house sometimes and tried to sneak in when my dad was walking in.....his tail got caught in the door and "Lil Lil" tried to be a kingslayer at the same time and attack him.

"Lil Lil" lost and had to be taken to the local vet to get her wounds patched up (one day later because the vet is closed on mondays)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Fireplace nice to dry wet shoes off.  Foggy, cool all day.  Lawn sprinkler system repaired.  5 sprinklers adjusted for better coverage.  Got me soaked.  Bobbi keeping her 2 kittens hidden.  Lil lil paw looks broken.  Vet opens tomorrow.  Very swollen paw.  Hours spent on pony waterer.  Still drips, wasting water.  Shut it off for now as ponies in another pasture.  Weed eater trimmed around house tonight - lookin good.