Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 355800 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #650 on: November 15, 2016, 02:28:53 PM »
farmers (cow and plant) get super angry when they lease land and then someone else either leases it for more or buys it and tells them they can't lease it anymore. like they have some weird farmer belief that the land belongs to them or some crap. and like chum says people with a lot of money that buy land are bad.

Isn't this what kicked off the dildo clan saga?

Kinda.  Also sd is right.  Also ranchers that lease even like state land or BLM land think it's "theirs."  "Oh, that's our BLM over there, no you can't hunt it." 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #651 on: November 15, 2016, 02:29:53 PM »
wtf is black lives matter land?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 15, 2016, 02:40:49 PM »
wtf is black lives matter land?

bureau of land management

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 15, 2016, 02:41:36 PM »
 :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 15, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »
best thing you can do to avoid these farmers with attitude is to steer clear of all farms.  "clear" = 100 mile radius

other options include only eating chinese farmed sorghum and/or soy beans

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 15, 2016, 08:12:59 PM »
Mrs. BF was snacking on these weird raw bean things and I asked "what is that?"  She says edamame and I was all like wtf is umami.  Picked one up and ate it and said those are green soybeans we have like gazzilions of those in the field babe and she was all like wtf lol no way and I was like yes way.  Lol  :Keke:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:25:06 PM by Bloodfart »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 15, 2016, 08:25:02 PM »
I've figured out that I can buy most of my fertilizer and herbicide needs at my local co-op for way way way cheaper than the brand name stuff at the big box stores. Thanks farmers!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 16, 2016, 04:01:58 AM »
My dad shared a funny tidbit with me over the weekend. He has a few tiny pieces of land in areas surrounding Manhattan, so he goes to auctions and stuff. He said that farmers in the area get pissed when Jordy Nelson comes in and outbids them for land.

My dad's explanation was also on point: "Because, see, he's rich, you know?"

LOL at poor farmers.  :lol:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 16, 2016, 08:42:06 AM »
I've figured out that I can buy most of my fertilizer and herbicide needs at my local co-op for way way way cheaper than the brand name stuff at the big box stores. Thanks farmers!
Grass seed, too

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 16, 2016, 09:42:48 AM »
I play poker with a dude who is banking on Jordy Nelson allowing him to have an early retirement. Said he got a bunch of land pretty cheap a few years ago and Nelson is going to buy it up when he retires from football.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 16, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
Speaking of buying land I kind of want to buy some. But am pretty clueless as to how to get the scoop on cheap land that will have increased value in the future. Like, I want to dupe some rube on some acres now that residential and commercial will encroach on in 10-20 years or so from now.

Then when I own it and Wal-Mart wants to build a store I can get rich, then move to a tropical island.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 16, 2016, 09:50:18 AM »
farmers (cow and plant) get super angry when they lease land and then someone else either leases it for more or buys it and tells them they can't lease it anymore. like they have some weird farmer belief that the land belongs to them or some crap. and like chum says people with a lot of money that buy land are bad.

Isn't this what kicked off the dildo clan saga?

Kinda.  Also sd is right.  Also ranchers that lease even like state land or BLM land think it's "theirs."  "Oh, that's our BLM over there, no you can't hunt it."

bro from college is now ex-bro because his family now leases all of their sweet ass hunting land to other non-emaw bros for lots of money instead of letting us hunt it for free.  I DGAF but he is all embarrassed and now doesn't call when he comes to town

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 16, 2016, 10:33:15 AM »
SD I just bought a 82 chevy custom deluxe to haul crap around in but it has a very slow/small leak. How do I find where the leak is coming from?!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 16, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »
SD I just bought a 82 chevy custom deluxe to haul crap around in but it has a very slow/small leak. How do I find where the leak is coming from?!

park it on the ground and see where the leak hits the ground and then crawl under it and look up. don't let the leak hit you in the eyeball.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 16, 2016, 10:42:42 AM »
 :lol:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 16, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »
I'm a little worried, I need to find some Horace grant goggles first

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 16, 2016, 10:50:09 AM »
What color is the leak?

Go to a car store and buy a liquid of similar color and refill as needed
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 16, 2016, 11:01:03 AM »
What color is the leak?

Go to a car store and buy a liquid of similar color and refill as needed

where? just crawl under there and splash it upwards towards where it's coming out? idiot.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 16, 2016, 11:07:10 AM »
I'll take a picture when I go home for lunch today.. let's see if we can get this figured out

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 16, 2016, 11:10:07 AM »
Look at the bottle you bought and it should tell you what kind of liquid it is (if not then buy a different brand that is still similar color). Then open hood and find the best guess that matches what the bottle says. Foolproof really
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 16, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »
Be sure to park in the grass or over gravel while it's leaking. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 16, 2016, 11:20:28 AM »
All good tips. I know they park the K-State football semi on the BSFS turf to find where the leaks are.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 16, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »

how do you know it has a small leak if you don't know where it is coming from?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 16, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »
because I hadn't driven it for about a week and a half and mrs yla noticed it in the driveway, wasn't a very big stain(is that what I should call it?)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 16, 2016, 12:00:38 PM »
gotta park those things over at your mormon friend's gravelway