Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 360661 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Looks like SD didn't know how to call cows growing up.  :surprised:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
good cowboys can tell if a cow is sick from like a hundred miles away. sddad can drive into a pasture of like 500 cows and point to some random one all the way at the end and say it's sick and it always is. he says it's because of the way they put their head or something. like hangs down or they walk funny or junk. also if one's not with the others it's sick. then you give them this cow medicine called nuflor and it makes them instantly better. it's like some miracle cow medicine. or they die. about 50/50.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cow needles for their medicine? about as big around as your wrist. it would be like getting shot if you had one jabbed at you. and they don't even GAF when you stab them with it.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We would always call our horses to come eat by shaking the bucket of feed and yelling "Hup, hup, hup, hup".

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
RE:  goats.  I made one phone call to a large animal vet last night and was offered a pair of goats for free.  What in the world.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We would always call our horses to come eat by shaking the bucket of feed and yelling "Hup, hup, hup, hup".
SD doesn't know what you're talking about.  :D

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I'm with sd here, animals just come when you feed them, you don't need to call them
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
steve dave,

Can I have/borrow a tractor? 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
do farmers pay attention to the tv storm warnings?
i'm talking about the ones that the local stations put up with the radar and the banner warning thing that scrolls across the screen for hours at a time?

they drive me nuts when it's all over my tv screen during a show and the storm is way up 100 miles north in a county where like 1 seed lives. 
my guess is that they don't pay any attention to them since more than likely, the seed's family has lived on his farm for 100 years and knows more about incoming storm than gary lezak does.

i would guess that the seed and his family is out battening down the hatches around the farm, not huddled around the tv getting weather updates but maybe. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
maybe i'm underestimating the number of seeds per county but are there non-farmers in these rural counties or are they all farmers?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm talking about the ones that the local stations put up with the radar and the banner warning thing that scrolls across the screen for hours at a time?

they drive me nuts when it's all over my tv screen during a show and the storm is way up 100 miles north in a county where like 1 seed lives. 
my guess is that they don't pay any attention to them since more than likely, the seed's family has lived on his farm for 100 years and knows more about incoming storm than gary lezak does.

i would guess that the seed and his family is out battening down the hatches around the farm, not huddled around the tv getting weather updates but maybe.
My grandpa had a weather radio. #VeryOldSchool #FuckTV's

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm with sd here, animals just come when you feed them, you don't need to call them
I'm not surprised how many animals SD and Lib^7 have let die under their watch.  :frown:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i would guess these guys don't have cable tv way out in BFE seed land but i don't have any data on how far these local KC station's signal travels, maybe they are watching tv

the weather radio should eliminate the need for the channels to clog up my screen with worthless crap.  omg we're having a thunderstorm during the spring in the midwest, oh no!  alert the world!

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Seeds probably have satellite, like mir

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i would guess these guys don't have cable tv way out in BFE seed land but i don't have any data on how far these local KC station's signal travels, maybe they are watching tv

the weather radio should eliminate the need for the channels to clog up my screen with worthless crap.  omg we're having a thunderstorm during the spring in the midwest, oh no!  alert the world!
Can confirm to all of this. You haven't #YOLO'd until you've been to Fanning's or Rowland's far out in the flint hills. They watch local Topeka news stations for fun.  :Yuck:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

My FIL watches it because 1) he might have ground way over there too, or 2) he needs to bitch about them getting the moisture and not him. 

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
The hobby farm is close to the fanningrowlands and they do stuff like ride quads and tractors and watch hgtv and drink beer for fun

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well, do they have a million John Wayne VHS's, lib?  :D Because #YOLO!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

If they are way out in the pasture, how do they know unless you shake the feed bucket or yell or something?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Sd, have you ever had a cow starve to death because it didn't know when to eat?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lib, I want to sell my cows for fat cash. I don't want to eat your vegan cows that never eat, because you don't call on them.  :frown:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #647 on: November 15, 2016, 01:57:35 PM »
My dad shared a funny tidbit with me over the weekend. He has a few tiny pieces of land in areas surrounding Manhattan, so he goes to auctions and stuff. He said that farmers in the area get pissed when Jordy Nelson comes in and outbids them for land.

My dad's explanation was also on point: "Because, see, he's rich, you know?"

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #648 on: November 15, 2016, 02:03:32 PM »
farmers (cow and plant) get super angry when they lease land and then someone else either leases it for more or buys it and tells them they can't lease it anymore. like they have some weird farmer belief that the land belongs to them or some crap. and like chum says people with a lot of money that buy land are bad.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 15, 2016, 02:26:09 PM »
farmers (cow and plant) get super angry when they lease land and then someone else either leases it for more or buys it and tells them they can't lease it anymore. like they have some weird farmer belief that the land belongs to them or some crap. and like chum says people with a lot of money that buy land are bad.

Isn't this what kicked off the dildo clan saga?