Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 355797 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
SD, your pops has to be absolutely raking in some cash with these high beef prices now right? Just killing it as a full time cow farmer huh?

I was out in western ks last weekend visiting my cow farming relatives. My cousin took us city boys out to the farm and let us pet the bulls they have....There are like 4 of them and they were super tame, like I hear BULL and imagine was rodeo monstrosity....but nope.

They were in a pen by the barn and he dumped some "Cake" in a trough and they come rumbling up. There is even one bull that WILL EAT COOKIES FROM YOUR HAND! I snapped a picture of him! Good ole number 403.

Did you ever get the chance to hand feed knock off oreo's to a bull?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Another question for SD. Do all farmers just hold on to random Junk/things/side projects that have because they have so much room?

For example My uncle bought 2 mini horses about 15 years ago and now has like 15, kind of breeds them on the side I guess. (Side note, the male mini horse was in the same pen as the bulls and it was super adorable trying to nuzzle in at the trough).

I asked my cousin what this was all about and in his best  :Carl: y voice he said

"Well, I guess they are worth some money"
"Really people buy them? For what?"
"Well not around here, but you take them down around wichita and people buy them as pets"
"Hmm, when was they last time he sold one?"
"I don't know, maybe 5 years ago but its crazy. They smaller they are the more they are worth"

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
was that horse deformed during the F150 birthing process?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Another question for SD. Do all farmers just hold on to random Junk/things/side projects that have because they have so much room?

For example My uncle bought 2 mini horses about 15 years ago and now has like 15, kind of breeds them on the side I guess. (Side note, the male mini horse was in the same pen as the bulls and it was super adorable trying to nuzzle in at the trough).

I asked my cousin what this was all about and in his best  :Carl: y voice he said

"Well not around here, but you take them down around wichita and people buy them as pets"
"I don't know, maybe 5 years ago but its crazy. They smaller they are the more they are worth"
Do they also sell by weight?  Cause those are some plump ponies.  :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
SD, your pops has to be absolutely raking in some cash with these high beef prices now right? Just killing it as a full time cow farmer huh?

I was out in western ks last weekend visiting my cow farming relatives. My cousin took us city boys out to the farm and let us pet the bulls they have....There are like 4 of them and they were super tame, like I hear BULL and imagine was rodeo monstrosity....but nope.

They were in a pen by the barn and he dumped some "Cake" in a trough and they come rumbling up. There is even one bull that WILL EAT COOKIES FROM YOUR HAND! I snapped a picture of him! Good ole number 403.

Did you ever get the chance to hand feed knock off oreo's to a bull?

yes re. cash raking. it's like boom town usa on the [NAME REDACTED] Ranch. no re. the cookies to a cow but lil 6'ish year old sd did once feed an entire box of rice crispies to a horse and got in bigtime troubs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

we have tons of old junk but a lot of it just came with property we purchased. we don't have any weird non-beef animals other than cats/dogs. we don't even own a single horse anymore.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
One of my friends from High School won the 4H napkin folding championship. I don't know if it was regional or state or nationwide or what. I also don't know what 4H is

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
One of my friends from High School won the 4H napkin folding championship. I don't know if it was regional or state or nationwide or what. I also don't know what 4H is

Home, Heifers, Horse crap, Hay

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Home, Heifers, Horse crap, Hay

Napkin folding must be in the Home category

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
going into pottorf hall during the riley county state fair and looking at 4h stuff is one of my favorite times of the year. different categories include- best legos that have been put together and best outfits. like kids will go into their closet and pull out under armour shorts and shirt and then enter it. it's great.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
going into pottorf hall during the riley county state fair and looking at 4h stuff is one of my favorite times of the year. different categories include- best legos that have been put together and best outfits. like kids will go into their closet and pull out under armour shorts and shirt and then enter it. it's great.

I think most of those kids are wearing brand new under armour shorts and shirts that their parents bought just for that competition and wouldn't let them wear until the fashion show.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
SD, if you had to choose a life as a Farmer or a Rancher, which would you be?  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
What is the most sddad has ever paid for a bull?Most he has ever sold one for?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

SD, if you had to choose a life as a Farmer or a Rancher, which would you be?  :dunno:

Rancher

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Gonna win 'em all!

No idea on either.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Gonna win 'em all!

No idea on either.
you should ask. Easy transition..."I read something that bull prices were up like 30% or something like that this year. Does that sound right to you dad? What do you pay for a top bull?"

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
if you told your father to buy an ohlde bull and a ropinfeet bull, would he do it (for kstate)? 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
pretty sure my dad has bought a ropinfeet bull or two

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Wow, literally just went to facebook saw my bro-in-law selling bulls, so please consider purchasing a michigancat bull, also.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
mods, please open a bulls for sale board, asap.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
if you told your father to buy an ohlde bull and a ropinfeet bull, would he do it (for kstate)?

He has bought a lot of ropinfeet bulls actually

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I actually discussed it with ropinfeet drunkenly in Vegas

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that makes me happy.  see if you can get him to get an ohlde bull as well.  they have a good reputation.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
A family member of mine has sold a few Bulls for more than $20k.

Gonna win 'em all!