Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 355838 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »
I remember hauling corn/wheat/beans/milo whatever crop we were harvesting at the time to the local coop with my grandpa when I was a young boy.  we'd go inside and of course get some of the free Super Bubble bubble gum, and once in awhile grandpa meow meow would buy young meow meow a soda pop.  this was back when the pop was in a glass bottle.  fun times with grandpa meow meow.

another not so fun story with grandpa meow meow was we were working cattle (running them through the cattle chute given them shots, tagging ears, branding, etc), and i'm not sure how but grandpa meow meow accidently spiked a young meow meow's head with the cattle tag device thingy.  my head bled like crazy.  fun times with grandpa meow meow.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2015, 02:42:55 PM »
+1 on the Deere over Case IH.  Running an operation with John Deere is infinitely more prestigious than running the same operation with Case IH.  Personally, I'm partial to older Ford tractors.

SD, did you like running a hitch boom on your Type I hitch?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »
Second farmer grandpa story. One time he went down to the creek with the dozer tractor and a chain. He was gone like all morning and came back with a giant rock (like five feet high by 8 feet square) chained behind the tractor and he just dragged it on the road and stopped in his front yard and unhooked it.

"Hey Grandpa, what's with the giant rock in the front yard?"

"All the rich folks have big rocks in their front yard"

:love:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2015, 02:46:31 PM »
Second farmer grandpa story. One time he went down to the creek with the dozer tractor and a chain. He was gone like all morning and came back with a giant rock (like five feet high by 8 feet square) chained behind the tractor and he just dragged it on the road and stopped in his front yard and unhooked it.

was it a white rock?   :horrorsurprise:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2015, 02:47:49 PM »

haha, we had a real big rock in front of our yard too.  we lived off a paved highway, and there was a big groove down about 200 yards of it, where meow meow dad pulled that rock down the road behind his tractor (red).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2015, 02:48:32 PM »

was it a white rock?   :horrorsurprise:

:nono:

I mean it was, but don't you get any ideas, you.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
I've got a grandpa story too, michigancat.

I stayed with him for a week every summer and he'd always take a day off to take me fishing at one of his ponds. On this day I had caught a monster. I mean, it was really fighting me. Afer 15 minutes of struggling, I finally got it to the bank. What was it you're wondering? A HUGE rough ridin' SNAPPING TURTLE. I was pretty pumped about it. I couldn't wait to play with it. But you know what? I didn't get to play with it. You know why? My grandpa grabbed his machete and chopped his rough ridin' head off. I was like 8 and obviously in shock.

"Grandpa, why? Why did you do that?" said a young Wacky.

"They eat up all the fish. He's better off dead." said grandpa.

/scene

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2015, 03:11:04 PM »
how big is an acre of land

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »

I stayed with him for a week every summer and he'd always take a day off to take me fishing at one of his ponds. On this day I had caught a monster. I mean, it was really fighting me. Afer 15 minutes of struggling, I finally got it to the bank. What was it you're wondering? A HUGE rough ridin' SNAPPING TURTLE. I was pretty pumped about it. I couldn't wait to play with it. But you know what? I didn't get to play with it. You know why? My grandpa grabbed his machete and chopped his rough ridin' head off. I was like 8 and obviously in shock.

/scene
Think about it.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2015, 03:21:05 PM »

/scene

If your grandpa weren't there, you probably wouldn't still have 10 fingers.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2015, 03:22:33 PM »

/scene

If your grandpa weren't there, you probably wouldn't still have 10 fingers.
Yup. He's the real hero.

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2015, 03:25:29 PM »
ltrain grandpa farmer story...

ltrain g-pa lets city slicker ltrain disc his first field.  G-pa makes the first pass then turns it over to ltrain.  ltrain asks g-pa what he wants him to do when he gets done.  ltrain g-pa laughs it off and says "you won't get done before i get back".  so ltrain off ltrain goes, it starts getting dark, ltrain keeps going, its getting darker, ltrain finds the lights and keeps going.  Meanwhile ltrain g-pa is climbing into bed when ltrain g-ma says "where's ltrain?"  ltrain g-pa says 'oh crap, i left him out there'. 
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »
how big is an acre of land

43,560sf

0.404686 hectare
1/640 of a sq. mile

14,520 sq yards

to put that in perspective pissclams, that is roughly the size of a little over 2 football fields, 2.26875 football fields to be exact.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2015, 03:43:25 PM »
i'm kidding, none of that is correct

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2015, 03:46:02 PM »
3/4 of one football field = an acre

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
my dad grew up on a farm in south dakota, and one time the kids were playing in the dirt road and their border collie (Quincy) ran into the road and barked at trucks that were coming so they didn't run over the kids

i bet that poor dog was trying to kill off the kids and none of the stupid drivers could figure out what he wanted.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
everyone in my area is strictly angus. my great grandpa was the last of hereford cattle farmers around.

:frown:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »
how do you decide which of my questions to answer and which ones to ignore?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »
my dad grew up on a farm in south dakota, and one time the kids were playing in the dirt road and their border collie (Quincy) ran into the road and barked at trucks that were coming so they didn't run over the kids

i bet that poor dog was trying to kill off the kids and none of the stupid drivers could figure out what he wanted.

:sdeek:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2015, 04:26:28 PM »
Lots of lol in this thread.  Would read again!
@mikec2w