Author Topic: Are you "Upper Middle Class"?  (Read 38129 times)

Online hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile
Are you "Upper Middle Class"?
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »

Yes I will. I was last year. FIT, KSIT, SS/MC, real and personal property, sales, household employer taxes. It all adds up.

It's rough out there for those of us who employ household help.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Are you "Upper Middle Class"?
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 07:35:09 AM »

Well, with FICA and state income tax you're immediately at 13% (20% if SE). If you make $100k you're effective rate is at least 15%. Once you add property, sales, etc. tax it's not hard to get to 40%.

It would be insanely irresponsible to spend enough on property tax and sales tax and have it equal 10-15% of your income.

I imagine it would be difficult too, mainly because you'd be spending too much on a house to afford enough sales tax and vice versa.

Well I'll be sure to add it all up and let you know, Rusty, just as soon as I do my taxes for the year.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 07:35:51 AM »
KSU, do your kids go to private school?

Hahaha no.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2015, 07:38:09 AM »

Yes I will. I was last year. FIT, KSIT, SS/MC, real and personal property, sales, household employer taxes. It all adds up.

It's rough out there for those of us who employ household help.

A nanny is far more economical than daycare for multiple young kids. It's a PITA, but we pay her legally.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2015, 08:33:06 AM »
KSUW is absolutely terrible at handling money. Has more than enough.

Or is lying about income. I've never, ever known any doctors, pharmacists, actuaries, VPs, etc. who bitch about taxes the way KSUW does. I've only heard it from people who make far less money.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »
I like how the libtards skating around the fact that they think it's just a-okay for someone in the "upper middle class" to pay tens of thousands in dollars in taxes, while some rando whino who has children with reckless abandon recieves tens of thousands of dollars in benefits for no reason other than being born in the usa.

WTF? 30%, 40% it's rough ridin' abusive for the crap benefits we derive from it.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2015, 08:47:06 AM »

Well, with FICA and state income tax you're immediately at 13% (20% if SE). If you make $100k you're effective rate is at least 15%. Once you add property, sales, etc. tax it's not hard to get to 40%.

It would be insanely irresponsible to spend enough on property tax and sales tax and have it equal 10-15% of your income.

Or single or live in a city or self employed (any one of which could easily carry to 40%). What's your angle here? 35% is reasonable for someone making 100k?

The financially responsible aspire to accumulate wealth, not make enough money to buy food and shelter. That's what low income do. The current design of the tax system makes it a challenge for everyone.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2015, 08:53:20 AM »
If you want more money, go make more money. Bitching about taxes won't get you any more money.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2015, 08:57:09 AM »

Or is lying about income. I've never, ever known any doctors, pharmacists, actuaries, VPs, etc. who bitch about taxes the way KSUW does. I've only heard it from people who make far less money.

Ok. When you grow up I think you'll be a bit more concerned about taxes and finances too. At least I hope so.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »
If you want more money, go make more money. Bitching about taxes won't get you any more money.

Yes, but we should disincentivize making more money by charging a higher tax rate the more you make. Cause those rich slobs can afford it right?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »
When you include taxes on cable tv, internet, cell phones, gasoline, etc it's essentially an effective 100% tax rate
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »
There are lots of people who choose to make less money because taxes

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2015, 09:16:33 AM »
I like how the libtards skating around the fact that they think it's just a-okay for someone in the "upper middle class" to pay tens of thousands in dollars in taxes, while some rando whino who has children with reckless abandon recieves tens of thousands of dollars in benefits for no reason other than being born in the usa.

WTF? 30%, 40% it's rough ridin' abusive for the crap benefits we derive from it.
This should bother everyone.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »

his household makes a reasonable amount of money, but he also has four freaking kids and is apparently living so far above his means that both adults have to work. shake my damn head at that irresponsible nonsense. i seriously just don't understand people sometimes.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2015, 09:22:43 AM »

Or single or live in a city or self employed (any one of which could easily carry to 40%). What's your angle here? 35% is reasonable for someone making 100k?

I just don't like liars. He could probably make the point he's trying to make without exaggerating.

The financially responsible aspire to accumulate wealth, not make enough money to buy food and shelter. That's what low income do. The current design of the tax system makes it a challenge for everyone.

:lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »

What if you bitch enough they lower taxes. :eek:

More money, same work.  :Woohoo:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 09:28:49 AM »
Always wanting a government handout.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
Handback

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2015, 09:36:27 AM »

This should bother everyone.
What's the fair tax rate? (maybe separate income and property tax).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:52:07 AM by michigancat »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2015, 09:38:45 AM »
FICA is probably the most onerous of the things mentioned, but federal income tax rates aren't oppressive in current state.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
FICA is probably the most onerous of the things mentioned

Because it's regressive?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »

I just don't like liars. He could probably make the point he's trying to make without exaggerating.

You've unequivocally been proven wrong that someone making 190k would not pay 40% in taxes. Hence the, "living above your means" nonsense.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2015, 09:54:22 AM »

You've unequivocally been proven wrong that someone making 190k would not pay 40% in taxes. Hence the, "living above your means" nonsense.

I imagine it's possible for someone single, but not for a married household in Kansas.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2015, 09:55:28 AM »
FICA is probably the most onerous of the things mentioned

Because it's regressive?

Because, of the people who do work, it's an immediate 7.5% pay cut.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2015, 09:59:52 AM »

I imagine is possible for someone single, but not for a married household in Kansas.

In kansas, a married person who makes $190k (in entirely w-2 income) is at 35% before you even take into consideration property and sales tax... and the AMT.
 If they are SE it's over 42%