Author Topic: Weed  (Read 62743 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Weed
« Reply #750 on: November 09, 2022, 05:56:31 PM »
I am so opposite Pete on this. I will shortly be walking to a bar for beers and the only downside of the night will be the walk itself and the shitty parts of it related to drugs, both the legal shops and the gross-outs adjacent to it, and the drug-addled bodies along the whole route.

This place would be amazing if all drugs were eradicated.
Those drug addled bodies are not from weed, pal.

For sure, once those bodies are fully dead they can be autopsy’d for the specifics in those instances. My overall observation has been that where weed isn’t legal, people who want to get high strive for weed. Where it is legal, 1) there’s lots of weed shops with gross people in and around them, and 2) more people want/need to get higher.
Agree to disagree I guess. 

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 09, 2022, 05:56:47 PM »
It’s going to be kind of sad for my KC smoke bros to say goodbye to their weed dudes.

I will be happy to never see that weirdo again.

Posting from phone, don’t know how to embed youtube

Was just discussing that scene with a friend in relation to a former "guy"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 09, 2022, 06:02:14 PM »
Also I start doing the robot like Seth whenever I take too big of a hit
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 09, 2022, 06:06:54 PM »
Also I start doing the robot like Seth whenever I take too big of a hit

We need to smoke again. I need to get up to KC. Miss living there in general.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 09, 2022, 07:55:20 PM »
This is the America @Pete wants!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 09, 2022, 08:03:19 PM »
It’s the America that everyone wants, wacky. This country would be a lot better if pubs and dems just lit one up together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 09, 2022, 08:08:26 PM »
IT COULD BE WORSE!

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 09, 2022, 08:16:02 PM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 09, 2022, 08:32:44 PM »
Weed legalization ends up casting some of the widest nets of different walks of life. Snoop, Willie Nelson, DMB, and their respective fan bases most likely have little to nothing in common except the chronic.

Up here in Canada probably the biggest problem is the absolute glut of dispensaries, they definitely will have fewer down the road since you can't have like 10 stores in a small town. Definitely more of the bigger drug issues here are meth and coke related.

I've been up here prior to it's legalization and after, there is the typical grumble but overall it doesn't seem to have changed anything appreciably. If anything the town I'm in suffers far worse from meth than anything, and the prior town I was in coke was bigger issue.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 09, 2022, 10:50:14 PM »
What PROvince do you live in cfb?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 09, 2022, 11:40:55 PM »
I am so opposite Pete on this. I will shortly be walking to a bar for beers and the only downside of the night will be the walk itself and the shitty parts of it related to drugs, both the legal shops and the gross-outs adjacent to it, and the drug-addled bodies along the whole route.

For sure, once those bodies are fully dead they can be autopsy’d for the specifics in those instances. My overall observation has been that where weed isn’t legal, people who want to get high strive for weed. Where it is legal, 1) there’s lots of weed shops with gross people in and around them, and 2) more people want/need to get higher.

Lol, no, you can't disagree with my observation, at least not without putting in 8 years here or someplace similar.  It's my legs and eyes taking it all in.

You're adverse to and intolerant of alcohol, which is fine.  Alcohol, particularly you drinking it, wrecks your quality of life.  That doesn't change that disproportionate amounts of drug users and suppliers, whether legal or illegal, lowers (we could argue how much) the quality of life for the whole community.

I'd have taken some pics but I had my dog's leash occupying my left hand, and I have to keep my right hand free to hit/choke, because drug zombies.

Kansas suburbs will probably have the best of all worlds in that the users can conveniently go a short distance to procure weed from somewhat less annoying suppliers, without having as much of the accompanying crap around home.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 10, 2022, 12:31:46 AM »
Come on down to The Grass Pad
The Grass Pad's high on ggggggrrrrrrrraaaaasssssss

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 10, 2022, 07:27:33 AM »

Lol, no, you can't disagree with my observation, at least not without putting in 8 years here or someplace similar.  It's my legs and eyes taking it all in.

You're adverse to and intolerant of alcohol, which is fine.  Alcohol, particularly you drinking it, wrecks your quality of life.  That doesn't change that disproportionate amounts of drug users and suppliers, whether legal or illegal, lowers (we could argue how much) the quality of life for the whole community.

I'd have taken some pics but I had my dog's leash occupying my left hand, and I have to keep my right hand free to hit/choke, because drug zombies.

Kansas suburbs will probably have the best of all worlds in that the users can conveniently go a short distance to procure weed from somewhat less annoying suppliers, without having as much of the accompanying crap around home.

Everything you have stated in this and each prior post is merely your own value judgements, which I disagree with.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 10, 2022, 07:50:05 AM »
Trim, I think you'd have a completely different opinion about your situation if you softened your stance on people who look like hippies or leftists.  Even though weed wasn't fully legalized until after you moved to Seattle, you did choose one of the top 5 most hippie leftist places to live.  Some of this might be just "coming to the nuisance," couldn't it?

I think you have some very good opportunities to make new friends from different cultures!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 10, 2022, 08:31:02 AM »
Trim, I think you'd have a completely different opinion about your situation if you softened your stance on people who look like hippies or leftists.  Even though weed wasn't fully legalized until after you moved to Seattle, you did choose one of the top 5 most hippie leftist places to live.  Some of this might be just "coming to the nuisance," couldn't it?

I think you have some very good opportunities to make new friends from different cultures!

Remember that you added drugs beyond weed on the prior page or two, while simultaneously listing out somewhat societal alcohol consequences. That’s when I jumped in.

Come on up when it gets warm again. We’ll spend most of the time on the water away from all of it, but we can still walk around enough and you can see it’s not woodstock I’m talking about. I’ll wait for you outside while you go into a pot shop, but you can only take 5 minutes because you’ll need to get back out and take my dog so I can be completely free-handed to deal with the heroin junkie that’s been rough ridin' with us since you entered.

It’s not a hippie/leftist issue or political at all. You’re acting like the extent of drug legalization is that the scene turns into dazed and confused, and I’m assuring you it goes far beyond that. It’s also not just a seattle or big city thing. I can only really think of one major negative scenario in my whole kansas life that didn’t have drugs as a root component to it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 10, 2022, 08:38:44 AM »
I know nothing about the heroin scene, but I’ll take your word for it. I haven’t seen anything like what you are describing in other cities with legal weed. Sounds awful tho, I agree with you on that.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 10, 2022, 08:43:28 AM »
I know nothing about the heroin scene, but I’ll take your word for it. I haven’t seen anything like what you are describing in other cities with legal weed. Sounds awful tho, I agree with you on that.
San Fra, Portland, and downtown Denver have gotten pretty bad in that department too.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 10, 2022, 08:51:00 AM »
San Fra, Portland, and downtown Denver have gotten pretty bad in that department too.
I was in DT Denver for extended stays a couple times over the last year and was out on the town for dinner and shopping at their open market thing in the street , etc. and didn’t think it was bad at all.

Chicago seems unchanged. Minneapolis has mostly legal weed (gummies and delta 8 regular weed), and no issues beyond people’s grievances with BLM stuff.

My tolerance for what others think of as a “bad element” is probably different than most. I mean, I go to Dead concerts etc and choose to be around the element that others apparently find off-putting.  I have never once felt unsafe or disgusted. To each his own I guess.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 10, 2022, 08:53:09 AM »
Fair

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 10, 2022, 08:59:16 AM »
My tolerance for what others think of as a “bad element” is probably different than most. I mean, I go to Dead concerts etc and choose to be around the element that others apparently find off-putting.  I have never once felt unsafe or disgusted. To each his own I guess.

It's a daxian leap to say that a grateful dead concert element is relevant to anything I'm describing.  I'm out on this conversation until it resumes irl here.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 10, 2022, 09:53:50 AM »
Somehow we’ll manage

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 10, 2022, 10:16:03 AM »
I'm confused by the supposition that THC turns people into mentally ill heroin and meth addicts  :confused:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 10, 2022, 10:57:30 AM »
I'm confused by the supposition that THC turns people into mentally ill heroin and meth addicts  :confused:

phase 1: weed
phase 2a: jazz music
phase 2b: maniacal dancing
phase 3: heroin/meth addiciton

pretty straight forward, really.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 10, 2022, 09:39:57 PM »

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 10, 2022, 09:45:28 PM »
Just wait until they find out how his mom votes. Go Pat go!