Author Topic: Weed  (Read 62148 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Weed
« Reply #775 on: November 10, 2022, 10:13:04 PM »
I know nothing about the heroin scene, but I’ll take your word for it. I haven’t seen anything like what you are describing in other cities with legal weed. Sounds awful tho, I agree with you on that.
San Fra, Portland, and downtown Denver have gotten pretty bad in that department too.
I was in DT Denver for extended stays a couple times over the last year and was out on the town for dinner and shopping at their open market thing in the street , etc. and didn’t think it was bad at all.

Chicago seems unchanged. Minneapolis has mostly legal weed (gummies and delta 8 regular weed), and no issues beyond people’s grievances with BLM stuff.

My tolerance for what others think of as a “bad element” is probably different than most. I mean, I go to Dead concerts etc and choose to be around the element that others apparently find off-putting.  I have never once felt unsafe or disgusted. To each his own I guess.

Seattle is probably a lot like Portland in this regard. Portland is night and day from what it was in 2018 when I last visited Trim. While I disagree w/ Trim regarding pot legalization being one of the root causes (other drugs aren't legal, are they?), I understand what he is talking about, and he describes it to a T.

The policy problems (which are leftist) have a lot more to do with what the hell to do about the mentally unstable, drug addicted and bizarre petty crime laws/enforcement. Downtown absolutely looks like zombieland. These aren't whinos. Encampments are everywhere, not just downtown, but along nearly every highway, under the overpasses, on both sides of the river. My brother in law has had miscreants camp up, then get shooed away from the treed lot across from their house at least three times.   
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 10, 2022, 10:13:38 PM »
My tolerance for what others think of as a “bad element” is probably different than most. I mean, I go to Dead concerts etc and choose to be around the element that others apparently find off-putting.  I have never once felt unsafe or disgusted. To each his own I guess.

It's a daxian leap to say that a grateful dead concert element is relevant to anything I'm describing.  I'm out on this conversation until it resumes irl here.

Goodness, I live as an implant that at least keeps one part of your brain at a semi-high IQ state in what is otherwise a barely functioning mass of substantia grisea.

Notice to the rest of #blueanongE in a semi-functioning state:  If you want to spark up, drop and/or over indulge in various forms of psychedelics (and similar) please do, and if I'm around, please share.  Thank you.  Note this does not, nor will ever include or any derivative of Fentyal or synthetic opiod, thank you, again.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 10, 2022, 10:45:38 PM »
My libertarian leaning ass is all for legalizing everything and taxing the crap out of it but at the same time I don't think gas stations should be selling heroin.

I don't know the answer to the problem but I'm glad I don't have to drive to Colorado when my Canadian friend wants some bud. I'm also looking forward to my Canadian friend buying me some mushrooms next summer when we pass through Colorado to vision quest in Wyoming.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 11, 2022, 11:20:46 AM »
My libertarian leaning ass is all for legalizing everything and taxing the crap out of it but at the same time I don't think gas stations should be selling heroin.

I don't know the answer to the problem but I'm glad I don't have to drive to Colorado when my Canadian friend wants some bud. I'm also looking forward to my Canadian friend buying me some mushrooms next summer when we pass through Colorado to vision quest in Wyoming.

Shouldn't the libertarian stance be to legalize everything and not tax it?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 11, 2022, 11:24:41 AM »
He’s libertarian LEANING. Not a complete idiot.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: November 11, 2022, 11:47:26 AM »
I suspect a big problem with the drug issues lined out by Trim is due to the fact that we punish offenders rather than rehabilitating them. 

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 11, 2022, 12:20:31 PM »
i think he's more conflating marijuana legalization with the opioid crisis, while living in a place with a temperate climate year round

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 11, 2022, 01:26:47 PM »
i think he's more conflating marijuana legalization with the opioid crisis, while living in a place with a temperate climate year round

lol, I'm sure you're not intending to do so but this is amazingly offensive. You just essentially called trim a paste eater

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 11, 2022, 01:37:33 PM »

lol, I'm sure you're not intending to do so but this is amazingly offensive. You just essentially called trim a paste eater

he's talking about having to fend off junkies and blaming marijuana stores for it

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 11, 2022, 01:37:46 PM »
I have no idea if there is a correlation between cities that have legal weed and higher rates of homelessness/opiod addiction, but the part that doesn't really make a lot of sense to me is like, heroin, meth, et. al are already illegal so these folks are already willing to break the law, i don't see how weed being legal would really matter.

That's kind of like saying if i'm going to be a bank robber i'm going to move to Montana so if I end up in a high speed chase with the cops they can't bust me for speeding.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 11, 2022, 01:41:17 PM »
I have no idea if there is a correlation between cities that have legal weed and higher rates of homelessness/opiod addiction, but the part that doesn't really make a lot of sense to me is like, heroin, meth, et. al are already illegal so these folks are already willing to break the law, i don't see how weed being legal would really matter.

That's kind of like saying if i'm going to be a bank robber i'm going to move to Montana so if I end up in a high speed chase with the cops they can't bust me for speeding.

This is the precise moment that I learned Montana has no (daytime) speed limits.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 11, 2022, 01:44:37 PM »
Not having a place for the mentally ill addicts to stay other than the streets while allowing them to be HAF on heroin, meth and crack in public exacerbated the problem, and also not enforcing petty crime laws is a problem. Mocat is correct on the temperate climate for sure.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 11, 2022, 01:45:09 PM »
It doesn’t have anything to do with weed imo.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 11, 2022, 01:55:10 PM »

he's talking about having to fend off junkies and blaming marijuana stores for it

You can disagree with the point without playing dumb about said point and insulting his intelligence. You don't think increased access to marijuana doesn't lead to more people gateway'n their way to other substance abuse issues. Got it. I haven't been made aware of any concrete studies that definitely prove or disproves this, do you?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 11, 2022, 02:13:26 PM »

This is the precise moment that I learned Montana has no (daytime) speed limits.
Another pro of moving to Montana?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 11, 2022, 02:15:57 PM »

You can disagree with the point without playing dumb about said point and insulting his intelligence. You don't think increased access to marijuana doesn't lead to more people gateway'n their way to other substance abuse issues. Got it. I haven't been made aware of any concrete studies that definitely prove or disproves this, do you?

No idea if "cash only" at weed stores is still a thing, but if so then I could see this being a big reason that addicts/homeless hang around them.

I also personally have never pursued getting weed, but I wonder how much "access" is even improved for those populations. Surely where weed is legal it is still much cheaper to get it from a dealer, which most people don't seem to have difficulty finding.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 11, 2022, 02:22:32 PM »
Legal weed is (eventually) very cheap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 11, 2022, 02:23:08 PM »
Your local tax authority will be the judge of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 11, 2022, 02:25:26 PM »

Cheaper than booze too

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 11, 2022, 03:07:36 PM »

i didn't say i agreed or disagreed with him, but he's making the connection between the presence of junkies and marijuana dispensaries

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 11, 2022, 03:56:26 PM »
LOL at MakeItRain going full emotive drunk conservative uncle on weed. Whatever, narc.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 11, 2022, 04:11:20 PM »

i didn't say i agreed or disagreed with him, but he's making the connection between the presence of junkies and marijuana dispensaries

Not really. That was Pete’s disingenuous understanding of what I was saying. There is almost nowhere downtown I’d be willing to stand outside waiting more than 5 minutes for Pete, as I’d be barraged by junkies/zombies. The weed store factor in that hypothetical is that 1) that’s where Pete would want to go inside and where I could/would not with my dog, and 2) it’s def worse because of the additional weed people and weed store employees adjacent.

I do believe that a community’s tolerance/acceptance of weed can work as a gateway drug to the community’s tolerance/acceptance of ever-y-thing.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 11, 2022, 04:21:34 PM »
Weed being a gateway to anything is probably the single most compelling reason to legalize it everywhere. Take away the taboo and necessary connection to a black market and what is it a gateway to?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 11, 2022, 04:32:02 PM »
Weed? Talk to me when you're backassward states legalize mushrooms, dweebs.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 11, 2022, 04:48:16 PM »
Weed? Talk to me when you're backassward states legalize mushrooms, dweebs.
Yep