Author Topic: Sam Brownback  (Read 78260 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Sam Brownback
« Reply #575 on: June 24, 2016, 08:55:58 PM »
In your world, I suppose the district website lies about that sort of thing.

In your mind there are 7000 teachers for 50,000 students  :Wha:

Here's the link:

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/blog/2016/06/lawmakers-prepare-for-special-school-finance.html

It's easy to understand how people remain ignorant when you see retards like lib7 frequently getting bogged in the minutia and, not only missing the entire rough ridin' point, but coming to insane conclusions based on Internet research.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 24, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »
In your world, I suppose the district website lies about that sort of thing.

In your mind there are 7000 teachers for 50,000 students  :Wha:

Here's the link:

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/blog/2016/06/lawmakers-prepare-for-special-school-finance.html

It's easy to understand how people remain ignorant when you see retards like lib7 frequently getting bogged in the minutia and, not only missing the entire rough ridin' point, but coming to insane conclusions based on Internet research.

I know you're crap face drunk right now, but schools employ more people than teachers. Without visiting the site again, the district has something like 4,200 teachers. You also implied they have a 800 million dollar budget when it's around 680 million. I'm not sure I'm the one here that is bad at googling.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:08:38 PM by libliblibliblibliblib »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 24, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »

This is the guy fsd gets his information from  :lol:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 24, 2016, 09:37:38 PM »
what's your guys' favorite booze?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 24, 2016, 10:31:06 PM »
7000 - 4200 - 229 = 2571 undocumented school district employees.

Lib7 :curse: to the interwebs!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 24, 2016, 10:40:21 PM »
http://newsroom.usd259.org/modules/groups/group_pages.phtml?&gid=1517498&nid=124949&sessionid=78b4649efe1db48cd3cafccb4db3a32b&__utma=253149270.1879821255.1466809528.1466809528.1466820452.2&__utmc=253149270&__utmz=253149270.1466820452.2.2.utmcsr%3Dusd259.com%7Cutmccn%3D%28referral%29%7Cutmcmd%3Dreferral%7Cutmcct%3D%2F

More than 4,100 teachers, 2,360 classified and support staff, 178 school administrators and 51 central office administrators are dedicated to the education of Wichita's children. The Wichita school district is the third largest employer in the 4-county metropolitan statistical area.

You can keep trying if you want

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 24, 2016, 10:45:05 PM »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 24, 2016, 10:52:10 PM »
It's cute you've gone from 400+ "administrators" making $100k+ is nothing (while arguing the overall budget is smaller), to denying thereally are 400 administrators at all, just 2000+ "classified" employees.

You're like a broken robot, spewing numbers but incapable of cognition. Such an idiot

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 24, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »
It's cute you've gone from 400+ "administrators" making $100k+ is nothing (while arguing the overall budget is smaller), to denying thereally are 400 administrators at all, just 2000+ "classified" employees.

You're like a broken robot, spewing numbers but incapable of cognition. Such an idiot

Facts :curse:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 24, 2016, 11:07:22 PM »
Ernie Barrett was a communist spy working undercover on the men's basketball team. It's fact because I said so.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 25, 2016, 10:03:05 AM »
Fort Leavenworth has three elementary schools.  Each with their own ridiculously furnished buildings, principals, and administrative staff.  I think one is less than 60 students.

Cut military spending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.  But these schools are also funded by the state.

Right, but that is because the only taxable entity for property taxes is a Burger King. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 25, 2016, 10:13:56 AM »
This quirky website says $939 million budget

http://finance.usd259.org/modules/groups/group_pages.phtml?gid=1505364&nid=246829&005f78&sessionid=9dcd8055f4a6397fd347be9acebed002

"State Budget Document" 2015-16

If you go to page 104 of the budget (signed by the superintendant) you see FTE and average salaries for personnel.  It's remarkable. Teachers are paid on average only more than the bus driver category. There are almost 1000 people in the administrator or licensed professional category. For every 1 teacher fte there is 1+ non-teacher fte.  What in the world is going on at these places?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:22 AM »
Fort Leavenworth has three elementary schools.  Each with their own ridiculously furnished buildings, principals, and administrative staff.  I think one is less than 60 students.

Cut military spending.

Right, but that is because the only taxable entity for property taxes is a Burger King. 

Are you saying the state must fund them because they tax a restaurant within the district borders?

IMO funding should come with strings and oversight.  You don't meet some set requirements you don't get the money.  Having an entire administrative staff for 60 kids is ridiculous especially when there is another school 2 miles away.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 25, 2016, 11:15:01 AM »

Cut military spending.

Are you saying the state must fund them because they tax a restaurant within the district borders?

IMO funding should come with strings and oversight.  You don't meet some set requirements you don't get the money.  Having an entire administrative staff for 60 kids is ridiculous especially when there is another school 2 miles away.

An elementary school that small shares lots of staff with other schools.  I am not opposed to consolidation at all, but there are some limits.  People really want their kids to go to a "neighborhood" elementary school and so it is the least likely route for consolidation.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 25, 2016, 11:28:58 AM »
FSD was wacky level last night, wow

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 25, 2016, 11:49:18 AM »

Cut military spending.

An elementary school that small shares lots of staff with other schools.  I am not opposed to consolidation at all, but there are some limits.  People really want their kids to go to a "neighborhood" elementary school and so it is the least likely route for consolidation.

60 kids for a K through 5 school (I guess you're familiar with it?), 12 kids per class, too small, should be closed or fully funded by fed dollars.

Most of the fort folks are only there a year anyway, and the wives don't work.  They can get their kids to one of the other schools. 

Offline Arkiecat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 25, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »
I would assume that the local school districts of leavenworth get federal money for their schools to account for the lack of property tax lost due to the presence of a post.  I know for a fact Knob Noster Missouri gets in xs of a milliion dollars due to Whiteman AFB.  This is also counted as defense spending in Washington. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 26, 2016, 12:02:33 AM »
I don't get why if you think it is such a rip off, you are cool with the feds paying for it.  There are tons of schools/districts in Kansas that look super inefficient because of our low population density, this is kind of a freak example due to the base.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 26, 2016, 09:45:08 AM »
There should be a minimum efficiency ratio school districts have to meet to remain eligible for state funding. Like no more than $8000 per pupil in spending, or no more than $500 per pupil in administrative overhead. Use any surplus funds to pay teachers more money or fund kpers

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 26, 2016, 09:55:35 AM »
There should be a minimum efficiency ratio school districts have to meet to remain eligible for state funding. Like no more than $8000 per pupil in spending, or no more than $500 per pupil in administrative overhead. Use any surplus funds to pay teachers more money or fund kpers

Yeah I don't necessarily disagree with any of that, just know that there will always be a density problem, that problem is getting worse and at some point that will break the formula unless "school" is just online or something.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 26, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »
What are other states with density probs doing?  Haven't  rural Alaska kids been doing online only for some time now?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 26, 2016, 03:22:26 PM »
I'm not sure the sparsely populated schools are the ones being operated inefficiently.

If it's irrational to keep a small school open, it has to close. No need to cow tow to the irrational.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 26, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
FSD: perpetual champion of the rational

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 26, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »
FSD: perpetual champion of the rational

Thanks for dropping by.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 28, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »
I don't get why if you think it is such a rip off, you are cool with the feds paying for it.  There are tons of schools/districts in Kansas that look super inefficient because of our low population density, this is kind of a freak example due to the base.

It's an example nonetheless.  I'm okay with the feds funding it because then it's essentially funded by everyone in the country instead of everyone in Kansas, which because of the increase in numbers and tax dollars available, represents less impact to me (a Kansas resident).  I also consider educating the children of officers sent to Fort Leavenworth for war school a necessity in getting the most talented officers to attend.  It's a small component of the overall mission.

The larger point being, that Hugoton KS probably needs that money a lot more than Fort Leavenworth does.  There are probably more and larger examples for Fort Riley but I am not familiar.