Author Topic: K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...  (Read 31106 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2015, 02:25:23 PM »
:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »

kick their asses, dax

Nah, dumbasses need mentoring and compassion, friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2015, 08:01:04 PM »
So dax, you get to choose our coach for the next 5 years. Here's the catch, your only choices are oscar or Frank. WHO YA GOT!?!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2015, 08:10:38 PM »
Frank, ya dumbass

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »
I did not perceive that from your posts. Thanks for responding.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2015, 08:26:50 PM »
Frank, ya dumbass

*fap fap fap* - dax thinking about frank
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2015, 08:29:33 PM »
I'm amazed at the inability of people to separate oscar's problems with Frank and his tenure.  Why shouldn't we look back to prior years to see the success we've had and compare it with the dumpster fire that oscar is turning K-State hoops into.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »
There's also still dumbasses who think Frank deserves leeway because he wins, when to date the guy has placed exactly ZERO trophies of importance in the trophy case.   

No AD is going to fall on their sword in the face of dealing with a maniac who brings an empty trophy case to the equation.

Really a maniac? Hyperbolic anyone?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »
Dumbass is a term of endearment for my generation

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2015, 08:43:16 PM »
Who says we can't compare? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »

There's also still dumbasses who think Frank deserves leeway because he wins, when to date the guy has placed exactly ZERO trophies of importance in the trophy case.   

No AD is going to fall on their sword in the face of dealing with a maniac who brings an empty trophy case to the equation.

Really a maniac? Hyperbolic anyone?
. If the rant fits....

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2015, 08:48:16 PM »

saying that people complaining about oscar in this thread were "pining" for Frank?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2015, 08:48:51 PM »

saying that people complaining about oscar in this thread were "pining" for Frank?

Come on bro,  you know it is.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2015, 09:51:59 PM »

I've decided that I blame Frank more than Currie. If your boss tells you to do something, you just say "Yes, boss!" even if you plan to totally disregard what your boss just said. Frank was just too unsophisticated and honest.
the problem is that frank was gone the minute currie benched jamar

this wasn't ever about insubordination or frank not wanting to listen to his boss

frank is a loyal guy to his players and benching jam sam the morning of his last game for the bullshit he did was something that was unforgivable for frank and at that point the relationship was over and frank was out

it's hard to fault frank or currie as they both were following their core principles.  just be mad at currie for hiring dickfuck weber

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2015, 09:54:06 PM »

I've decided that I blame Frank more than Currie. If your boss tells you to do something, you just say "Yes, boss!" even if you plan to totally disregard what your boss just said. Frank was just too unsophisticated and honest.

this wasn't ever about insubordination or frank not wanting to listen to his boss

frank is a loyal guy to his players and benching jam sam the morning of his last game for the bullshit he did was something that was unforgivable for frank and at that point the relationship was over and frank was out

it's hard to fault frank or currie as they both were following their core principles.  just be mad at currie for hiring dickfuck weber

I think 'clams nailed it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2015, 09:54:52 PM »

Yeah.  I remember after the game Frank saying something along the lines of "you'll have to talk to my boss john Currie about that".  Gonzo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2015, 10:08:14 PM »

I really don't think Currie was guided by principles when he made that decision, I think he knew exactly what the repercussions would be. He's absolutely smart enough to know that completing an earnest investigation and being open, honest, and prompt with the NCAA would have kept the institution out off hot water. Jamar accepting that money did not jeopardize his amateur status. There have been scores of players before that and since who have competed while their university and/or the NCAA have investigated claims of that player receiving impermissible benefits.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
K-State basketball and the tipping point of the fulcrum...
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »

I really don't think Currie was guided by principles when he made that decision, I think he knew exactly what the repercussions would be. He's absolutely smart enough to know that completing an earnest investigation and being open, honest, and prompt with the NCAA would have kept the institution out off hot water. Jamar accepting that money did not jeopardize his amateur status. There have been scores of players before that and since who have competed while their university and/or the NCAA have investigated claims of that player receiving impermissible benefits.
so your take is currie wanted to bench jamar and cost the cats any real chance we had in that game just for the hell of it?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2015, 10:23:31 PM »

so your take is currie wanted to bench jamar and cost the cats any real chance we had in that game just for the hell of it?

Not really for the hell of it, there were two benefits; eliminated any chance at all of the NCAA having a problem although that chance was extremely slim, and two it was a chance to get rid of Frank because he certainly couldn't fire him. They had a meeting before the suspension, Currie absolutely knew how Frank felt about the suspension. It's also not a huge leap to make that Frank knew that reporting incident and a university investigation satisfied any burden until the completed investigation and ruling. Currie wasn't helpless, again there is plenty of precedent with cases like this, I can only think of Currie and a recent case, I'll look it up after this post, where an AD preemptively suspended the player.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »
Yeah, I think Currie wanted Kstate to lose.   Let's roll with that goEMAW.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2015, 10:45:24 PM »

Since Currie gets so much flack over the whole situation here, I just think it's worth noting that Frank could have handled his business differently and outsmarted Currie. If anything, he was too good of a subordinate in that regard.

In terms of wins/losses, I don't think hiring Weber was a bad decision as long as Currie lets him go after a couple of bad seasons.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »
Yeah, I think Currie wanted Kstate to lose.   Let's roll with that goEMAW.

I don't think anyone said or even hinted at Currie wanting K-State to lose to Syracuse, I'm not sure if that entered his mindset that Friday evening or not. I do know that given rumors and confirmed info from people ITK, if Currie was given the choice to lose that game to gain control of a supposed runaway program with a rogue coach and players fleeing the ship he would have seriously thought about making a small sacrifice for a greater good.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2015, 08:07:36 AM »

Not really for the hell of it, there were two benefits; eliminated any chance at all of the NCAA having a problem although that chance was extremely slim, and two it was a chance to get rid of Frank because he certainly couldn't fire him. They had a meeting before the suspension, Currie absolutely knew how Frank felt about the suspension. It's also not a huge leap to make that Frank knew that reporting incident and a university investigation satisfied any burden until the completed investigation and ruling. Currie wasn't helpless, again there is plenty of precedent with cases like this, I can only think of Currie and a recent case, I'll look it up after this post, where an AD preemptively suspended the player.

i agree that currie screwed up by playing it safe and suspending jamar, i just don't think he did it in an effort to push out frank.  i don't believe that at all.  currie's success is measured by the success of his coaches... and we all know these guys weren't buddies, but it seems like an incredible risk to knowingly push out a winning coach, former b12 coy, elite 8 coach, a coach getting ready to play in his 4th ncaa tournament in 5 tries. a coach with very solid fan support.  i can't believe it's a risk that currie would take.

i understand the precedent that currie could have relied upon in an effort to protect the dept from any type of ncaa sanctions/penalties, i just think he chose the safe route.  this makes logical sense to me, your scenario doesn't.  and in the end, currie's decision was one that for frank was unforgivable. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2015, 08:14:19 AM »
if you want to tell me that currie underestimated frank's loyalty to his players, and his reaction to currie's benching jamar, i'll buy that.  but i can't believe he knew his actions would result in frank essentially quitting on the spot.