Author Topic: 2011 96 team field Bracketology  (Read 12525 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 96 team field Bracketology
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2010, 11:46:11 AM »
They should just raise the # of teams every few years to not piss off tards.

This is what will keep happening.  We now have four "play-in" games.  Within another 6 years it will go up to 8.  Then 16.  Then 32.  And so on.

This current news is a win-win-win for WRFF.  CBS basically keeps the thing (they won't muck it up like ESPN would), the tournament keeps its "eliteness" factor, and I get more games to boot.  Good times.   :cheers:

TBS factor?

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2010, 11:51:15 AM »
They should just raise the # of teams every few years to not piss off tards.

This is what will keep happening.  We now have four "play-in" games.  Within another 6 years it will go up to 8.  Then 16.  Then 32.  And so on.

This current news is a win-win-win for WRFF.  CBS basically keeps the thing (they won't muck it up like ESPN would), the tournament keeps its "eliteness" factor, and I get more games to boot.  Good times.   :cheers:

TBS factor?

Am guessing it's TBS in name only and they end up farming over CBS broadcast types/equip/mastery to keep the production value high.

At least I hope so.   :runaway:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:40 AM »
tbs CFB broadcasts were crazy good.  I loved them.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2010, 11:55:05 AM »
Not so fast on 68/96?

curtiskitchen    RT @SPORTSbyBROOKS: Network TV source tells 96-team March Madness still a distinct possibility during CBS/Turner deal. Stay tuned.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
lukewinn    CBS prez says deal is based on 68 teams, not plans for further expansion. 68, they said, meets financial/programming needs. No 96 (for now)

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2010, 12:00:47 PM »
Tourney expanding to 68 teams, safe from 96-team field for time being

:whew:
 :bball:

LOVE it. There are usually three extra teams that are on the bubble that deserve in.
There will always be three extra teams that deserve in, no matter how many teams are let in.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
Tourney expanding to 68 teams, safe from 96-team field for time being

:whew:
 :bball:

LOVE it. There are usually three extra teams that are on the bubble that deserve in.
There will always be three extra teams that deserve in, no matter how many teams are let in.

This.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »
Not so fast on 68/96?

curtiskitchen    RT @SPORTSbyBROOKS: Network TV source tells 96-team March Madness still a distinct possibility during CBS/Turner deal. Stay tuned.

:flush:

Pretty much guaranteed it won't be 96 now!

:pbj:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »
Not so fast on 68/96?

curtiskitchen    RT @SPORTSbyBROOKS: Network TV source tells 96-team March Madness still a distinct possibility during CBS/Turner deal. Stay tuned.

:flush:

Pretty much guaranteed it won't be 96 now!

It is interesting.

Here is the official release: http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042210aaa.html

It says this:

Late Wednesday, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee unanimously passed a recommendation to the Division I Board of Directors to increase tournament field size to 68 teams beginning with the 2011 Championship. The recommendation will be reviewed by the Division I Board of Directors at its April 29 meeting.

But it sounds like this simply means expansion will happen, to at least 68 teams, but the numbers is not set yet.

Ourand_SBJ    McManus: We have flexibility in our deal to handle expansion to 96 if it happens.
4 minutes ago via web

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »
Can't wait to hear a new NCAA on TBS jingle.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2010, 12:21:31 PM »
Good point, IMHO.

j_rake    Yep. RT @SPORTSbyBROOKS If the field is only going to 68 teams, why does CBS need Turner in the deal? Wake up ppl. #hello96
4 minutes ago via web

The NCAA is going to do this slowly.  This is just the first step.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
tbs CFB broadcasts were crazy good.  I loved them.

Craig Sager roaming the sidelines in one of his ridiculous suits   :love: :love:

As far as expanding to 68, I'm a little disappointed too.  I guess it depends on who the extra teams are getting in.  Because if they are just having 4 garbage teams play-in games that nobody cares about instead of the current 1 garbage teams play-in game that nobody cares about, than that's just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  If they make smart picks for those extra games then it might actually work.  Really they're just greasing the skids for further expansion.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2010, 12:47:04 PM »
God I hope they have the Boz sitting on a couch eating chips providing ridiculous commentary  :love:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »
God I hope they have the Boz sitting on a couch eating chips providing ridiculous commentary  :love:

:love:

LOL @ the collective tardism this 96 team idea has created.  Jesus, I can't remember anything that made such a large group of the media act like complete crybaby idiots.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2010, 01:20:16 PM »

LOL @ the collective tardism this 96 team idea has created.  Jesus, I can't remember anything that made such a large group of the media act like complete crybaby idiots.

If you cross out "crybaby":  Tyler Hansbrough, Tim Tebow, and the last Presidential election come to mind.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2010, 02:06:18 PM »

More of a subculture/niche thing, but it reminds me of people bitching about the new Anakin as a blue ghost in the new Return of the Jedi.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2010, 02:42:47 PM »
The Shocks are back, baby!
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.