Author Topic: dear tom hayes, do something different  (Read 8203 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: dear tom hayes, do something different
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »
38 points vs Baylor isn't that bad. Tbh this morning I am not as mad at the D. I'm still rough ridin' fuming at the offense.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2014, 09:13:59 AM »
38 points vs Baylor isn't that bad. Tbh this morning I am not as mad at the D. I'm still rough ridin' fuming at the offense.

yep, 100% agree. the D did what we need them to do to beat baylor. offense needed to hold the ball and finish drives. we won TOP but didn't finish drives with TDs.  two poor drives to start the game puts the d in a real bad spot.  with better offensive production it's a totally different game.
emaw

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2014, 09:27:52 AM »
The offensive line is the most disappointing element of this team. Nothing else comes close.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 09:29:09 AM »
The offensive line is the most disappointing element of this team. Nothing else comes close.

Camping trips tho

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 09:32:37 AM »

We took an offensive line that jammed the ball down people's throats and made them pass protect and they did pretty okay. 

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 09:39:25 AM »

We took an offensive line that jammed the ball down people's throats and made them pass protect and they did pretty okay. 

Yea, and where did that "jamming the ball down people's throats" go to? We tried to run, and they were incapable of opening up holes most of the time. I understand it's much easier to sellout in the run game when you don't have to account for a QB like Klein or Daniel, but jfc. There's no way you can look at the combined experience of that unit and not be fuming. Even with tempering expectations to account for Whitehair's position change, the offensive line failed to even come close to performing as they should have.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 09:42:47 AM »

Should have been 31, we were cheated by the replay official.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 09:46:20 AM »

Yea, and where did that "jamming the ball down people's throats" go to? We tried to run, and they were incapable of opening up holes most of the time. I understand it's much easier to sellout in the run game when you don't have to account for a QB like Klein or Daniel, but jfc. There's no way you can look at the combined experience of that unit and not be fuming. Even with tempering expectations to account for Whitehair's position change, the offensive line failed to even come close to performing as they should have.

I think it's tough to ask a line to have a finesse mindset on most downs and then ask the same guys to play smash mouth football on some other downs.  They weren't great at either.  1) having an elite WR, 2) and a competent QB to get him the ball, and 3) no good/great RB options and the staff decides to put out there what we saw. 

I think the line was capable of being that great line but the staff put them in a tough spot and they couldn't do anything great. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2014, 09:46:51 AM »
I mean there are two guys there that will get NFL contracts. 

catzacker

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2014, 09:47:21 AM »

we were never going to get the stop we needed.  once we got down 14, the game was over.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 09:49:36 AM »

we were never going to get the stop we needed.  once we got down 14, the game was over.

This, I'm surprised they punted even once

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 09:49:55 AM »

This. How can we not be super pissed about the o line run blocking? Dickey is supposed to be the Olineman Whisperer. The last 2 years our line was supposed to be a strong point. Last year they weren't special and this year has been a disaster. With their experience this is completely inexcusable. I'm totally ok with getting rid of Dickey although Snyder will never fire anyone

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2014, 09:52:21 AM »
The simple facts are we have too many "feel good" stories on the O-line.   I've had enough of the DITR and the walk-ons and all that crap, it just points to how poorly this staff recruits.

catzacker

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2014, 09:53:28 AM »
I wonder what Dvonta thinks about our defense.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 09:58:24 AM »
Same prevent defense as usual.  All it does is prevent the other teams punter from getting tired.  When half of your team is walkons, you can't hang with this kind of offense.

This. They can only do so much. Watching Truman last night was painful.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »

Do you not realize that all you're doing is contradicting yourself?

catzacker

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2014, 10:02:07 AM »
wasting dakorey (even though he sucked last night) was great.  glad we're doing the same with dvonta. I mean, Truman, Will Davis.  Sucksville.  And not to shovel dirt, but Shellenberg is not a big 12 safety, he's no even a big12 backup...and what's worse is that T Green has been out for what? 6 weeks?  And our backup safety (Prewitt) can't be trusted to be in there.  I mean, wtf.  nate Jackson was terrible, he missed so many rough ridin' tackles.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2014, 10:05:48 AM »

Do you not realize that all you're doing is contradicting yourself?

I'm saying the offense was not geared to their strengths and that's why they underwhelmed.  There is still talent there tho.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2014, 10:13:36 AM »
wasting dakorey (even though he sucked last night) was great.  glad we're doing the same with dvonta. I mean, Truman, Will Davis.  Sucksville.  And not to shovel dirt, but Shellenberg is not a big 12 safety, he's no even a big12 backup...and what's worse is that T Green has been out for what? 6 weeks?  And our backup safety (Prewitt) can't be trusted to be in there.  I mean, wtf.  nate Jackson was terrible, he missed so many rough ridin' tackles.

like, I don't mind the style we play but it would be cool if we had like better players or used our better players more. so in that regard I guess you can be mad at Hayes.
emaw

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »
and we continue to refuse to go the juco route :whistle1:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 10:23:06 AM »
and we continue to refuse to go the juco route :whistle1:

Is it true that Riddle is gone?

catzacker

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »
I wish more of our juco players would do things the right way so they could see the field more. can't wait to see what the crop of walkons look like next year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2014, 10:27:18 AM »
I don't think we get very many elite JUCO players any more. Not near like we did in the 90s anyway.  :dunno:

catzacker

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2014, 10:29:15 AM »
jucos are, imo, a waste if they aren't used for two years.  why recruit them?  if they aren't good enough to immediately see the field, then it's a waste of rough ridin' time. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2014, 10:30:20 AM »
I don't think we get very many elite JUCO players any more. Not near like we did in the 90s anyway.  :dunno:

Would it matter?  They don't see the field until a year in which defeats the purpose.