Author Topic: dear tom hayes, do something different  (Read 8202 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: dear tom hayes, do something different
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2014, 10:19:03 AM »
I do think we tried to dial up some different stuff in the 2nd half, like the corner blitz on the first play when Burns completely whiffed on the sack. We also tried to send 5 at Petty but it only paid off with a couple sacks after it was probably too late.

To me the biggest problem with this year's defense (and last year's) was we didn't force TOs. The numbers overall for yards and points per play weren't that different.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2014, 10:21:17 AM »
Is it just me, or all year long did our blitzers just take horrible angles?  I think I pondered in another thread that they must have been practicing against a QB who was a freaking statue. (I HOPE THIS IS NOT A SIGN OF THINGS FOR HUBENER)!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2014, 11:30:15 AM »

Is it just me, or all year long did our blitzers just take horrible angles?  I think I pondered in another thread that they must have been practicing against a QB who was a freaking statue. (I HOPE THIS IS NOT A SIGN OF THINGS FOR HUBENER)!
Agreed.
Burns was laughable on Sat. It was like Petty was a bull fighter and he waved the red cape and Burns ran right by him.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »
I thought that was Johnson (rather than Burns) fellows....   :dunno:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2014, 10:41:38 PM »

they weren't bad angles. the blitzers didn't come in under control or breakdown. dakorey committed these mistakes time and time again this season.