Author Topic: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops  (Read 181100 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: not just missouri, best to avoid all cops
« Reply #675 on: September 17, 2015, 11:18:01 AM »
:ck:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 17, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
i'm going to blame the horrible search function for me not being able to find you registering the trademark for "clean kill"
Probably because I didn't say is and it was closer to justified killing or clean shoot.  But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.  Bigger point stuff I know.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 17, 2015, 11:30:17 AM »
Cases where a police shooting might be justified:

An armed suspect points his weapon at somebody.

I honestly can't think of any others right now.
Society disagrees
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

Also many states have this
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/2/9/D/9.42

And further what do you define as an armed suspect?

Not "armed" does this mean the cop shouldn't use deadly force?

Maybe you should actually read the links you post. Garner won Tennessee v. Garner.

I don't like castle law, but I think untrained civilians trying to protect their property and family should be held to a lower standard than police officers in deciding whether it's ok to pull the trigger.

Yes, the cop did the right thing by not killing that guy.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 17, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »
Cases where a police shooting might be justified:

An armed suspect points his weapon at somebody.

I honestly can't think of any others right now.
Society disagrees
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

Also many states have this
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/2/9/D/9.42

And further what do you define as an armed suspect?

Not "armed" does this mean the cop shouldn't use deadly force?

Maybe you should actually read the links you post. Garner won Tennessee v. Garner.

I don't like castle law, but I think untrained civilians trying to protect their property and family should be held to a lower standard than police officers in deciding whether it's ok to pull the trigger.

Yes, the cop did the right thing by not killing that guy.

JFC you don't know what you're talking about.

"The officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."  That flies directly in the fact of what you're talking about.  The suspect doesn't have to be armed as you demand, only a reasonable threat to the public. So there doesn't even have to be a direct threat to a person, or as you say pointing a weapon at someone.  I mean I can't spoon feed this any other way to you. 

And now cops can be beaten to death in your world, as long as a weapon isn't used.  Awesome.  I'll remember that when you go on a tirade about cops almost killing someone when hitting them.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 17, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
I'd say the person who beat the crap out of the cop should be tried and jailed for that just like the cop who beat the crap out of the guy with his hands up should be tried and jailed.

Also, if a mass killer drops his weapons and starts running, I'd agree that it's ok for the cops to shoot him if they can't otherwise catch him. Otherwise he might do it again. So I guess we've found a second case where it's alright.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 17, 2015, 11:52:47 AM »

Never been in a fight?  I mean just normal everyday response tells you that is a rough ridin' absurd.  If someone goes at your face you act with force to end the threat.

Don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit MiR.

I'm confused about why this is direted at me and why you're swearing
Umm that fact you're using a childish meme to make a point about a comment that was already diffused?  Yeah that's kinda bullshit.

You need to calm the eff down, you're cussing about the kermit meme, take yourself even more seriously.

Anyway, that post I asked you to address talks about how the cop approached the guy he beat up and the suspect wasn't the aggressor at all, you posted some barely coherent crap about someone going at someone else's face. So do you want to read meatsauce's post and try again or do you want to look stupid about something else? Personally I don't care, I'm entertained either way.

Man you're going to have a tough time as an adult if you think people calling your bullshit position bullshit is hysteria. 

And I've talked about your point multiple times.  You can choose to ignore it, or read posts.  But judging by the discourse of the Pit you've made up your mind.  The fact is the witness testimony doesn't directly conflict with what the cop said, and it doesn't directly conflict with what the victim is claiming.  The author of the piece paints it one direction for sure. In fact if you read the poorly written account there is actually no way for the incident to occur the way its depicted without adding in steps.  All accounts pretty much agree the person was rushed by the cop and that a scuffle broke out.  The witness doesn't have any input on what was said as well.  Does the situation take on a radically different scenario if Barger says "Yes officer, I'll come peacefully, just let me put my kitten down" versus "eff you I'll kill you cop! You aren't taking me in alive!"  But lets get back to the conflicting statements.  How does one, with no steps in between, put someone in a head lock and and cause that kind of damage with elbow strikes?  Now we can infer what happened based on what we want to believe happened, which you all have done, but at this point we don't have enough info (my position all along) to really judge what happened here.  The emotional reaction you all have displayed here is why we need more body cams, more independent review, and more accountability for people tampering with evidence.

I think the witness provided the "steps in between" when he stated that the cop charged the guy.

Not in any way shape or form.  Both accounts agree the cop put hands on the guy. You're adding info to your narrative.

The worst part of all this bullshit you people are trapped into, is that you've missed the worst part of this story.  Why did the cop admit to pulling his gun?  That weapon should only be drawn to protect the lives of the officer or surrounding populace.  It is not a compliance tool.  Why did this situation get so out of control that the cop felt the need to use deadly force OR why did the cop use it so early as a compliance tool?

You read what you want but the "in between step" in the cop rushing the citizen. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 18, 2015, 04:51:06 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/09/17/on-duty-police-officers-have-shot-and-killed-more-than-700-people-this-year/

amazing there aren't national stats on this

This should be mandatory or no fed money:
Federal data on police shootings is notoriously inaccurate and incomplete — in large part because the data they collect is voluntarily reported, and most police departments do not participate.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 19, 2015, 05:38:06 AM »
679 men to 26 women killed by police. That is 96% men. Men make up 50% of the population. War on men?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 19, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »
679 men to 26 women killed by police. That is 96% men. Men make up 50% of the population. War on men?

Really misogynistic of them to basically ignore women.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 19, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »

Really misogynistic of them to basically ignore women.
Not fully acclimated to being in combat roles yet.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 19, 2015, 08:44:42 PM »
it's the same reason why blacks are disproportionately killed.  police abuse, beat and kill people they are afraid of.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 19, 2015, 09:06:01 PM »
i bet, proportionally, more women assault police officers
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 20, 2015, 08:07:06 AM »
it's the same reason why blacks are disproportionately killed.  police abuse, beat and kill people they are afraid of.
I would guess exactly this.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 20, 2015, 10:56:16 AM »

Why would police have a reason to be more afraid of black people. I don't get this.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 20, 2015, 11:03:22 AM »

Why would police have a reason to be more afraid of black people. I don't get this.

Upbringing
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 20, 2015, 12:41:20 PM »

You're assuming all fear is logical

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 21, 2015, 12:06:08 AM »

You should ask the cops. I'd start with the PBA in NYC and that Jeff Roorda guy who runs a cop union in St. Louis, they both seem to have a healthy amount of fear of coons.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 21, 2015, 08:02:13 AM »
I cannot believe you said that.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 21, 2015, 10:01:02 AM »
I cannot believe you said that.

Gonna win 'em all!

He probably should have said police union, cut him some slack, it's not that big a deal.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 22, 2015, 02:31:24 PM »
Well they have a year to prepare

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 22, 2015, 02:38:52 PM »
Well they have a year to prepare

A little less now.  Time to lace up the combat boots and get the MRAP serviced.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 22, 2015, 03:01:58 PM »
Maybe edn was making some sort of black people are always late joke?  :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 22, 2015, 03:09:13 PM »
Maybe edn was making some sort of black people are always late joke?  :dunno:

Maybe he was posting an old article predicting attacks that never happened those proving to be a myth?