Author Topic: Official Better Call Saul thread  (Read 35446 times)

The Big Train

Re: Official Better Call Saul thread
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »
well that was rough ridin' awesome

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 10:27:03 PM »
Such a good show

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »
Yup. I'm hooked. I wish I could binge watch it tho like I did BB. :frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2015, 11:30:34 PM »
Yup. I'm hooked. I wish I could binge watch it tho like I did BB. :frown:
Just wait and binge later. That's my plan.

The Big Train

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2015, 11:36:25 PM »
its too good to fall that far behind tho

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2015, 11:54:11 PM »

that's the dumbest thing you've ever said.

The Big Train

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2015, 11:55:48 PM »
 :frown:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 11:58:44 PM »

i doubt that's true
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2015, 12:00:19 AM »
i say we trust rusty on this one

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »
Watched the first 2 today, pretty great. Can't wait to see how Mike changes jobs or whatever

I hope they reveal Mike's police officer backstory they mentioned in Breaking Bad.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 08:43:31 AM »
I'm hooked.   :thumbs:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 09:07:41 AM »
Man, I forgot how much I missed BB until watching this show.

I've had bro's tell me they were going to intentionally not watch a TV show, just so they could binge at a later date: I don't get it.  I guess if you want to not BBS about a show, or talk with your buds about the last new/great/surprising episode so you can have a whole Saturday to binge off, that's your choice, but I think i'd always prefer to be current.   
Its like my old boss used to tell me he'd DVR sporting programs, wait until they were over, look up the score, and only watch them if his team won.   Like, I see the logic in there, but I still don't think it'd be something i'd be interested in.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »
I'm behind but the scene where he negotiates to only have those dude's legs broken was absolutely great.  It could have been from a mr. show skit.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 10:16:23 AM »

I've had bro's tell me they were going to intentionally not watch a TV show, just so they could binge at a later date: I don't get it.  I guess if you want to not BBS about a show, or talk with your buds about the last new/great/surprising episode so you can have a whole Saturday to binge off, that's your choice, but I think i'd always prefer to be current.   
Its like my old boss used to tell me he'd DVR sporting programs, wait until they were over, look up the score, and only watch them if his team won.   Like, I see the logic in there, but I still don't think it'd be something i'd be interested in.

how so? you'd always miss the drama of a game. games are fun to watch when the outcome is unknown

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 10:38:52 AM »

For starters, I'm too busy to watch a show every single week. I've tried and it just doesn't work for me.

I also don't get that much out of bbs'ing about a TV show and I can have conversations with people that don't reference a TV show. I did the same thing with Breaking Bad and will admit I enjoyed seeing people's reactions after the fact.

It's nothing like your idiot boss.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2015, 05:46:20 PM »

For starters, I'm too busy to watch a show every single week. I've tried and it just doesn't work for me.

I also don't get that much out of bbs'ing about a TV show and I can have conversations with people that don't reference a TV show. I did the same thing with Breaking Bad and will admit I enjoyed seeing people's reactions after the fact.

You have time to binge watch seasons but don't have a free 45 minutes during the week?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »
Mich, get a DVR or something.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2015, 06:33:12 PM »

You have time to binge watch seasons but don't have a free 45 minutes during the week?
I binge watch when I travel.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2015, 06:37:11 PM »
Mich, get a DVR or something.
No, but I'd still need to make the time , and if my wife wants to watch our schedules have to match, and I'm not gonna coordinate multiple schedules for a TV show.

If she's not watching, I have to block off 45 minutes a week of me time on top of KSU sports and concerts and other generally awesome things I do to keep up. No thanks.

The Big Train

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2015, 06:45:25 PM »
 :Rusty:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2015, 12:52:23 PM »
TV really stresses michigancat out.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »
having a wife sounds very restrictive
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 03:30:11 AM »
So I haven't seen a single episode of Breaking Bad. I didn't feel like binge watching after it got really popular after seasons 3 & 4. Anyway I am watching BCS. I thought the first two episodes were good enough to hold me, episode 2 was brilliant. I thought episode 3 was awful minus the last 5 minutes. I attempted to watch it 3 times but dozed off after about 20 minutes each time, the second time I woke up to see the end and I was able to follow so I don't think I missed anything in the middle 30 minutes, am I right about this or should I try for a fourth time?

Also since I didn't see BB I'm confused by why/how Jimmy becomes Saul. Will explaining this to me likely ruin a story arc? If so don't explain it to me.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 06:42:45 AM »
So I haven't seen a single episode of Breaking Bad. I didn't feel like binge watching after it got really popular after seasons 3 & 4. Anyway I am watching BCS. I thought the first two episodes were good enough to hold me, episode 2 was brilliant. I thought episode 3 was awful minus the last 5 minutes. I attempted to watch it 3 times but dozed off after about 20 minutes each time, the second time I woke up to see the end and I was able to follow so I don't think I missed anything in the middle 30 minutes, am I right about this or should I try for a fourth time?

Also since I didn't see BB I'm confused by why/how Jimmy becomes Saul. Will explaining this to me likely ruin a story arc? If so don't explain it to me.

You didn't miss any essential plot in episode 3. In BB, he just says he changed his name because it would be better for business if people thought he was Jewish, which is a very Saul thing to do.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 08:19:41 AM »
HOW DO YOU GUYS FIND THE TIME FOR ALL THIS TV?!?!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.