Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110872 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #475 on: September 10, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »
Tracz should be fired, or at least banned from speaking.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article34560399.html

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 10, 2015, 09:42:22 AM »

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article34560399.html
It doesn't seem like he understands why people took special notice to the show.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 10, 2015, 10:01:21 AM »

Huh? He's right that there is absolutely nothing wrong with referencing rival mascots. It is a harmless, good-humored tradition. Not sure if you noticed, but he was sanctioned for the use of the Jayhawk - not the Enterprise.

He's also right that this controversy is "downright stupid" - ginned up entirely by twitter trolls who have nothing better to do than take a screen shot (and usually a cropped screen shot at that) completely out of context. What he couldn't say is that the administration's official response was also downright stupid, throwing him under the bus and only reinforcing the lunatic mob. When these trolls do their trolling, there is only one appropriate response: ridicule. Instead we apologize. :facepalm:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 10, 2015, 10:07:21 AM »

Huh? He's right that there is absolutely nothing wrong with referencing rival mascots. It is a harmless, good-humored tradition. Not sure if you noticed, but he was sanctioned for the use of the Jayhawk - not the Enterprise.

He's also right that this controversy is "downright stupid" - ginned up entirely by twitter trolls who have nothing better to do than take a screen shot (and usually a cropped screen shot at that) completely out of context. What he couldn't say is that the administration's official response was also downright stupid, throwing him under the bus and only reinforcing the lunatic mob. When these trolls do their trolling, there is only one appropriate response: ridicule. Instead we apologize. :facepalm:

Let's be honest, he was sanctioned for the simulated fellatio, despite what our PR wizards said in the press release.

Also, the 30 second video was far worse than the cropped screen shot.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 10, 2015, 10:08:16 AM »

how edgy of you.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 10, 2015, 10:11:29 AM »
what was wrong with what FT said in the article? 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 10, 2015, 10:17:37 AM »
I'd give him credit for trying to change the subject, but that's not even what he was doing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 10, 2015, 10:21:06 AM »

Let's be honest, he was sanctioned for the simulated fellatio, despite what our PR wizards said in the press release.

"Our PR wizards" didn't say that, the Big 12 Conference did.
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=210325789

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 10, 2015, 10:24:10 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Frank Tracz
Welp. We've been doing this kind of thing for 23 years. It's just harmless fun. But I guess now we have to stop because twitter was invented.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 10, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »

They actually said it better than we did:

inappropriate use of a member institution logo 

heh

"The actions of the marching band depicting the disintegration of a member institution's mascot was inconsistent with the principles and expectations of the Big 12 Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct Policy,"

"inappropriate use of logo" and "disintegration of mascot" = "simulated blow job" in PR speak.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 10, 2015, 10:25:12 AM »

I haven't watched the video because I was at the game. Admittedly, I wasn't paying very close attention to the field, but I do remember hearing the announcer narrating that "the Enterprise is engaged in a battle with a horrible space alien" or something like that. Can you hear that in the video? If so, I don't understand how the video could be worse than the screen shot, because only a twitter troll or sexual devient would think "eh, forget what that announcer is saying, that's clearly a massive male genitals and balls."

I agree with you that these sanctions aren't really about depicting a jayhawk - which is why it's doubly stupid and cowardly that our adminsitration says that's what the sanctions are for. Tracz is right to point out that stupidity. If you're the administration and you really think the marching band made a crude sex joke with their formation, just say so. They don't even have the courage to do that. So not only was their official statement gutless - it was a lie.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 10, 2015, 10:26:13 AM »

I haven't watched the video because I was at the game. Admittedly, I wasn't paying very close attention to the field, but I do remember hearing the announcer narrating that "the Enterprise is engaged in a battle with a horrible space alien" or something like that. Can you hear that in the video? If so. I don't understand how the video could be worse than the screen shot, because only a twitter troll or sexual devient would think "eh, forget what that announcer is saying, that's clearly a massive male genitals and balls."

Then shut up and watch the video

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 10, 2015, 10:27:12 AM »
I'm still laughing at "inappropriate use of a member" showing up in this press release

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 10, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
I'd give him credit for trying to change the subject, but that's not even what he was doing.

Is there anyone at all, other than the dude who took that cropped photo from the press box, that was actually at the game that saw the performance who thought they were putting a penis in a jayhawk's mouth? I didn't nor did anyone around me did.

People who did not see the halftime show seem to be convinced that they were putting a penis in a jayhawk's mouth without regarding that their opinion may be coming from their initial exposure to the incident/controversy/whatever.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 10, 2015, 10:30:31 AM »

I haven't watched the video because I was at the game. Admittedly, I wasn't paying very close attention to the field, but I do remember hearing the announcer narrating that "the Enterprise is engaged in a battle with a horrible space alien" or something like that. Can you hear that in the video? If so. I don't understand how the video could be worse than the screen shot, because only a twitter troll or sexual devient would think "eh, forget what that announcer is saying, that's clearly a massive male genitals and balls."

Then shut up and watch the video

Or just answer the question. Again, if the narration is included in the video, it's not worse than the screen shot because only a complete dumbass would ignore the narration. If the narration is omitted from the video, it's completly misleading. You're taking a surprisingly strong stand on such a stupid molehill.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 10, 2015, 10:31:26 AM »

They actually said it better than we did:

inappropriate use of a member institution logo

heh

"The actions of the marching band depicting the disintegration of a member institution's mascot was inconsistent with the principles and expectations of the Big 12 Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct Policy,"

"inappropriate use of logo" and "disintegration of mascot" = "simulated blow job" in PR speak.

Do you not know that the spaceship blew up the Jayhawk and the KU logo on a flag in the middle of the Jayhawk?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 10, 2015, 10:31:42 AM »

Is there anyone at all, other than the dude who took that cropped photo from the press box, that was actually at the game that saw the performance who thought they were putting a penis in a jayhawk's mouth? I didn't nor did anyone around me did.

People who did not see the halftime show seem to be convinced that they were putting a penis in a jayhawk's mouth without regarding that their opinion may be coming from their initial exposure to the incident/controversy/whatever.

You yourself thought it was phallic at the game and you weren't even paying attention, because literally no one ever pays attention to our boring halftime shows.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 10, 2015, 10:33:33 AM »

I don't think it was intentional, but that he's still responsible for the fallout.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 10, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »

I've acknowledged that people are primed to see it now

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 10, 2015, 10:36:31 AM »

You yourself thought it was phallic at the game and you weren't even paying attention, because literally no one ever pays attention to our boring halftime shows.

Yeah, I thought the ship looked phallic. I didn't see a male genitals going into a jayhawk's mouth though. If I did I certainly would have paid closer attention, took a picture, and posted it on here and twitter.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 10, 2015, 10:40:44 AM »
I hadn't seen this posted here yet, but I think it is amazing.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 10, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »
what was wrong with what FT said in the article? 

I watched the video.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 10, 2015, 10:52:31 AM »
ginned up entirely by twitter trolls who have nothing better to do than take a screen shot (and usually a cropped screen shot at that) completely out of context.

:gocho:

https://twitter.com/TrimGoEMAW/status/641981266565304320

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 10, 2015, 10:54:13 AM »
lol

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 10, 2015, 11:08:27 AM »
Fired? He approached that interview with the same kiss-my-ass attitude I hoped Schulz and Currie would.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.