Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110877 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #450 on: September 09, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »
Being completely serious, I'm really interested to see how KU and the "KU has such classy fans" fans handle the game in Lawrence. They're pretty much backed into a corner here. Either the school issues some big statement encouraging sportsmanship and class towards the visitors or a few idiots do something stupid that makes their entire fanbase look bad (maybe even both happen).

If they issue the statement, then our talking point can be that such a "classy" fanbase shouldn't need a statement and reminder, it should just be expected. If somebody does something stupid it's more ammo against the "we're so classy" people for years to come.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 09, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »
There won't be a statement and nothing will happen.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 09, 2015, 10:20:59 AM »
Also, I know some of you are gEing, but some of you aren't. For those that aren't, can we please stop tucking in about this punishment now? We should be wishing this is how administration handled past incidents.

For example, if they had come out and said that the real issue in the Jamar situation was that while he was at Dillons they had some Sunflower Showdown shirts and he was seen mimicking squishing the Jayhawk on a shirt. That may have been in keeping with good sportsmanship, so in punishment we'll pay a small fine and John Currie will be suspended from attending next year's game in Lawrence.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 09, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »
Being completely serious, I'm really interested to see how KU and the "KU has such classy fans" fans handle the game in Lawrence. They're pretty much backed into a corner here. Either the school issues some big statement encouraging sportsmanship and class towards the visitors or a few idiots do something stupid that makes their entire fanbase look bad (maybe even both happen).

If they issue the statement, then our talking point can be that such a "classy" fanbase shouldn't need a statement and reminder, it should just be expected. If somebody does something stupid it's more ammo against the "we're so classy" people for years to come.

our fans have done the "we're so classy" thing for years as well. everyone does it. not gEing.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 09, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »
Also, I know some of you are gEing, but some of you aren't. For those that aren't, can we please stop tucking in about this punishment now? We should be wishing this is how administration handled past incidents.

For example, if they had come out and said that the real issue in the Jamar situation was that while he was at Dillons they had some Sunflower Showdown shirts and he was seen mimicking squishing the Jayhawk on a shirt. That may have been in keeping with good sportsmanship, so in punishment we'll pay a small fine and John Currie will be suspended from attending next year's game in Lawrence.

i read this twice and have no idea what any of it even means. please stop posting.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 09, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »
Worried about being "classy" is such a white midwestern thing.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 09, 2015, 10:51:41 AM »

i read this twice and have no idea what any of it even means. please stop posting.
Tucked in nice and tight

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 09, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »

People who talk about class generally have the least of it.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 09, 2015, 11:31:13 AM »

yep......Frank took one for the team because he knows the reaction will be worse.......the phog is already talking about throwing crap at the band.......so everybody get out your smartphones and catch KU fans abusing the Big 12 sportsmanship thing and off we go with the fines/suspensions ......
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 09, 2015, 11:35:58 AM »

People who talk about class generally have the least of it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when it comes to college football, class is for pussies

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 09, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Ku fans are losing their minds over this.  the entire fanbase is just freaking out

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 09, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »
http://1350kman.com/interview-with-ksu-band-director-frank-tracz/

More discussion with Frank this morning. Reasonable response.

He also sounds genuine in saying that UPKS and ADJC have been good through this thing.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 09, 2015, 11:51:42 AM »
This entire thing blows my mind.

KU, our amateurish response, our inability to play the PR game, our lack of awareness toward giving legitimacy to issues that are completely insignificant.  It all blows my mind.

Reminds me of our overreaction and inability to take advantage of the viral hit that was EcoKat.

RIP EcoKat.

It basically reminds me of EVER Y time we are faced with a public relations related issue.

We literally manufacture the crisis by legitimizing the issue every single time with the amateur hour way we manage these events.

The way it's handled is you say nothing, BECAUSE NOTHING NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED OR LEGITIMIZED or you laugh it off like William Shatner this weekend immediately by saying something humorous like "I wonder if Mother Nature needs to apologize for cloud formations with these same people".

the Animal and Currie SO want to feel important.  I bet they watch a ton of Scandal and think of everything in that context.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 09, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »
I bet they watch a ton of Scandal and think of everything in that context.

:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 09, 2015, 12:19:32 PM »
Interesting stuff.b

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 09, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »
dad phone joke redux

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 09, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »
lol at apologizing to the KU band director :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 09, 2015, 12:31:20 PM »
finishing with an MHK is in the middle of nowhere dig! Nice!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 09, 2015, 12:33:35 PM »
Yesterday, 98.1 was talking about this.  They had some quote from a state legislator from the Salina area about this.  He basically denied it was anything other than the enterprise, then ended the interview with a very O'doyle-rules'esque "KU Blows!". 

I think this is a state culture thing.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 09, 2015, 12:35:58 PM »
lol at apologizing to the KU band director :lol:

yeah, probably the most wtf thing

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 09, 2015, 12:50:13 PM »
Yesterday, 98.1 was talking about this.  They had some quote from a state legislator from the Salina area about this.  He basically denied it was anything other than the enterprise, then ended the interview with a very O'doyle-rules'esque "KU Blows!". 

prob this massive emaw stud
https://twitter.com/jrclaeys?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 09, 2015, 12:56:09 PM »

#zip

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 09, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »

That guy was in a lab class I taught.  :surprised:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 09, 2015, 01:41:09 PM »

That guy was in a lab class I taught.  :surprised:

from your lab class to embarking on the 8th longest flight in the world, color this poster not surprised

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.